The Matchmaker

Confused

I walked into homeroom and apologized to my teacherbefore taking a seat next to Allison. "Why were you soo late," she asked knowing it doesn't take that long to get from my locker to this class.

"Umm nohing really ," I said shrugging and then one of my phones buzzed, the only one he knew the number for. 'pick you up at 7' and Allison gave me a look. A look that forced me to explain the entire story, but I mde her wait till first period so I could tell both her and Karly. Needless to say we didn't pay attention in that class.

"Wow," they both said in unison and then Allison continued, "so your going on a date?"

I scrunched my fce up in disgust, "I just said that so I could get to class."

"You already said yes it's too late," Allison said, "besides he's just going to keep nagging you so just get it over with." I knew she was right but I stil didn't want to. I shook my head as if to admit she was actually right. "Oh my God what are you going to wear," she was much more excited about this than I was.

"Jeans and a shirt," I said shrugging.

"You should wear your dark grey jeans, they're really tight, you know the one you ripped a tiny hole in the knee," Allison said. She didn't need to go into so much detail I only had one pair of grey jeans.

"Oh and you should wear that ink shirt that you hate," Karly said. I made a sour face because I absolutely hate the color pink, but I knew it was a nice shirt because Allison bought it for me. "With your small boots."

"Fine, but I am wearing the black jacket," I said. I was going to cover up the pink shirt. "Wait I don't even know what I'm doing."

"It doesn't matter you'll look hot," Allison said.

Later that day I was done getting ready wearing exactly what they told me to and I hate this shirt. I kind of just let my hair fall I didn't really care. I hope we were seeing a movie because I would rather be somewhere dark with popcorn. I was just craving it. I heard a honk outside and knew the torment was bout to begin. I walked outside to see what looked like a brand new black porsche. Anthony's hair was messy, but what's new and he just wore one of those button up plaid shirts with, umm I'll tell you the pants when I see them.

"Wow," he said shock all over his face, "you look amazing." I always looked amazing, but I have been told I clean up well. I didn't know what to say, I'm not in this situation much. He had black jeans and I couldn't say he didn't look good, he was your generic attractive high school dude.

"Thanks," I said kind of hesitantly, "so what are we doing today."

He was smiling, "Lazer Tag."

"You have got to be kidding me," I siad. Don't get me wrong I love lazer tag it was just not what I expected, but the tone I used made it sound like I didn't like lazer tag.

"You don't like lazer tag," he said a little shocked.

"I love lazer tag," I said, "I just feel cheated since I'm dressed all girly, you rigged it."

"How was I supposed to know you would dress up," he said laughing at me.

I crossed my arms, "how was I supossed to know you didn't come up with a cliche date?" He just laughed at me and I hardly think its funny, but we were soon at the lazer tag place so I was fine. We got ready and had the most epic lazer tag war, I'll say I thought it would be an awkward date, but it was pretty fun. Maybe I'm just a bit happy since I won.

"I so won," Anthony said as we stood in line for some fries and sodas.

"Yeah right," I said pushing him playfully, "the score clearly said that I won." He stuck his tongue out and I said, "don't be a sore loser."

"Two fries and two cokes," he said to the lady behind the counter. We got our food and sat down to eat before we left, I mean it doesn't take long to eat fries. I was starving so I couldn't wait. I think we were bot getting through our fries easily when a thought hit my mind.

"Do you like crunchy fries or squishy ones," I said out loud. He looked at me as I was comparing two fries and he started laughing. "I was being completely serious."

"I guess crunchy," he said.

"Me too, but the squishy ones are yummy too," I said and then te both of the fries. Soon enough we were done and we left. The lazertag place wasn't really far from my house.

"Hey how did you know where I live," I asked as it popped into my head.

"Let's just say I do my research," he said.

"That's creepy," I said and turned up the radio because I liked the song that was on. I'm the type of person who makes up words when I don't know them. He started lughing as the part I didn't really know .

"I'm almost positive that's not right," he said.

"But it's so much better," I said praising myself. We were kind of laughing until we stopped in front of my house. "You know that wasn't so bad," I said before opening the door. He turned me around toward him and leaned in. "I'm not sure, but I don't think I'm supossed to do that on the first date," I said now getting out of the car.

"Does that mean there's a second date," he said following me to my door.

"Maybe," I said.

"But you did have a good time with me," he said.

"Shhh it's a secret," I said.

"Sometimes I'm not very good at keeping secrets," he said as he took a step toward me and narrowed his eyes a bit. He leaned in and his lips touched mine and as much as I wanted to push him off I didnt. I even think I kissed him back, what the hell is wrong with me. I finally pulled away. "Umm bye," I said opening my door and slamming it before he said anything.

"Was that a boy," my mom said looking at me as I just stood wide eyed leaning against the door. "Was that a date Breanna," my mom repeated excited.

"Leave me alone mom," I said as I walked back to my room. It wasn't my first kiss, but it was different. And now I am so confused.