The Matchmaker

What could possibly go wrong

"You kissed him," Allison practically yelled as I told them everything that happed.

I threw both my hands over her mouth and said, "for once in your life could you shut up." She nodded and I let her go and continued, "besides he kissed me."

"But you had fun," she said excited.

"It was lazer tag," I said defensively.

"Your point," she looked at me. She was the crazy type of person who wouldn't enjoy lazer tag.

"You can't play lazer tag without having fun, duh," Karly stepped into our arguement. I nodded my head vigorously because it was true. Karly then turned to me in a serious matter, "he knows you had fun, you can't just pretend it didn't happen."

"Of course I can," I said.

"Oh yeah what do you say if he asks you on another date," Karly looked waiting for an answer.

"I can't just say no," I asked kind of getting quiet.

"Not without a good reason," Allison said. What do they even know they barley ever go on dates.

"Better think of the reason quick," Karly said and I gave her a confused look. "Cuz here comes lover boy," she pointed past me and I looked back to see Anthony walking over, darn he's going to make this so public.

"Hey Bre," he said leaning in for a kiss, but I put my hand out to stop him.

"Umm PDA," I said looking around to see how many people there were, "I'm not into that." He shrugged and backed away a step.

"I just thught I'd invite you to my party this weekend," he said looking down at me, "you can bring your friends too."

"I suppose we can make an appearance," I said shrugging.

He smiled, "cool," and walked away.

"The annual Haines party," Allison said, "I've never been invited." I just looked at her confused as did Karly.

"I didn't realize it was an annual thing," I said.

"You two are so out of it," Allison said as the bell rang for homeroom. I was still feeling weird about the whole thing. I sat down next to Allison and we listened to the announcements as usual.

When the announcements were over I was going to help Allison with her math, but we were rudely interupted. "Hey Ellison move so I can talk to, it's Bre right," Tanya said.

"Yeah, do you really need to work so hard to keep the illusion that you're an absolute moron," I said and she simply glared. "So what is it you want?"

"Just noticed Anthony taking an interest in you, waitress girl," she said looking at her nails and crossing her legs.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said turning toward the front.

"Bre, honey, I'm here as a friend," she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Oh humor me," I said laughing.

"I know Anthony and I've seen this before," she said putting on a sympathetic face, "every year he finds a charity case, but he can never make it last." I had to conceal my laughter, the trouble some girls go through to mark their territory. "I just don't want you o get hurt when he comes back to me, and he always comes crawling back to me." Her and her friends laughed a bit.

"Oh I get it that was all a joke," I said and laughed, "because who would ever go back to you."

"Mark my words Bre," she said getting up, "he will be mine." They walked away and Allison took her spot back.

"Mark my words," she rose her eyebrow at me and we both laughed.

------------------------------------------------------

After school that day we went to the mall to get dresses because according to Allison the girls always wear dresses to the party. I seriously detest wearing dresses. Anyway it was when I got home I was surprised, let's just start with what surprised me. Both my parents were walking toward me and my father said, "You're grounded." Grounded I was the good kid, I have never been grounded in my entire life.

"What grounded, why," I said looking at them.

"We got a call from your school," my dad said angrily.

"And honey you're on academic probation, we're disappointed," my mother said in her sweet ittle voice. Disappointed, yikes, but this didn't make sense.

"Wait, I checked my grades yesterday, they were flawless," I said, "there must be some mistake let's call the school." I called my school and the office was out until monday morning, but that would be too late.

"Well, your grounded till we sort this out," my mom said.

"No I have plans tomorrow," I said. I didn't mean to blurt that out, but I did have plans and I don't have them too often.

"You'll just have to miss out," my dad said.

"But this is important, I have to go," I said.

"So are grades," my mom said, perfect let's play off this.

"I know mom," I said, "that's why I have to go to Allison's house tomorrow. We have a history project due Monday worth 20% of our grade and she can't do it on Sunday because she has work."

"Why don't you do it here," she asked.

"Well because everything we've done is saved on her computer, and you know I always complain about how retarded our email is," I said rambling on. I needed o get to Allison's tomorrow. "It would be like starting over if we came here."

"Fine, but I'm calling her house every hour to make sure you're there," she said and that much I could live with. Why was I obsessing, Allison wanted to go more than I did, but I was the one invited. Tomorrow would be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been a long time sorry