The Matchmaker

A Living Disaster

I grabbed my history book and a few notebooks to make it look real and I was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie so my mom would doubt my going anywhere else. All I had under the hoodie was a white v-neck. Where was my stuff for the dance you may ask, it was underneath my window. I carried my books in my hand and waved bye to my mom as I searched around for my keys.

"Oh your father took your car," my mom said, "you'll have to take the truck." Great the truck, I may not even make it to Allison's in that. I rang her doorbell and it was only about 11 in the morning and Karly and I weren't schedualed to be there untill about 4 to get ready, but because of emergencies I made sure Karly was coming early too.

I walked in and Karly was already there. "So why did we have to get here so early," Karly said and Allison was behind them. I told them the breif story and they were shocked.

"Grounded you, this screams sabotage," Allison said, "you always have like straight A's."

"I know that's why I'm so confused," I said.

"I'm not confused," Karly said and we both looked over at her, "it was Tanya, you know she wants revenge." I thought about it and it was possible, my parents never got calls from school so they wouldn't know what the people from the office sounded like, let alone who they were.

"Luckily you can think on your feet," Allison said, "I would be stuck."

"Yeah, we're not out of it just yet," I said, "my mom will call every hour to make sure we're here." And it was like perfect timing that at that moment my mom would call.

"Hey," Allison said, "yeah she's here."

"Hey mom that was quick," I said.

"Well I figured you'd be there by now and I wanted to make sure you went straight to Allison's house," she said, "well talk to you in an hour." She hung up without letting me get in another word.

"So what should we do," I asked.

"Let's just watch a movie," Allison said. And for the next few hours we just watched movies and picked up the phone when my mom called. At about 4:30 we decided we could start getting ready. My mom was litterally calling at exactly twenty after every hour. I think we overestimated the time it would take us to get ready because by 6 we were all done and the party woldn't start till 8.

"Where's your dress Bre," Allison said.

"Oh yeah," I said, "it's still in my truck." I ran down staurs and grabbed the bag out of my truck and when I got up stairs they were already in their dresses. Of course these parties you were kind of supposed to dress like you were going clubbing, but I don't think we are as slutty as some people would be. I'm not into that.

Karly was wearing a halter style plunge mini dress, the way the dress was styled it looked like a skirt and top, but it was a dress. The top part was pink and the skirt portion was white. And Allison had a sequin flame bandeau mini dress. "You guys look awesome, my turn," I said dumping my bag out.

"That's not the dress we got yesterday Bre," Allison said looking at what I didn't expect. It was a brown potatoe sack and green flip flops.

"I didn' put that in this bag," I said.

"I was right," Karly said holding up a little peice of paper. I took it out of her hands and it read 'We all thought this was more your style <3 Tanya'. Wow that's really sad that you have to stoop so low as to steal my dress.

"That's just a step too far wouldn't you say," i said throwing the note to the floor. And my mom called at that moment to make sure I was still there and when she hung up I said, "you two go without me."

"No way he invited you," Allison said, "your going."

"We have an hour and a half to get a dress and shoes," I said, "and my mom will be calling."

"But we know exactly when," Karly said and began yelling, "Bridget." Bridget was Allison's little sister. She came running into the room and Karly said, "I have an important job for you. At exactly 18 minutes after every hour Bre will call the house and two minutes later her mom will, your job is to pick up and connect the two phone calls you know three way. And don't say a word until Bre's mom hangs up."

"What's in it for me," she said giving Karly a look. She was thirteen, too old to do anything for free.

"How about thirty dollars," Karly said holding it up to her.

"Forty and we have a deal," Bridget said. Karly looked at Allison and took out another ten and Bridget smiled before hopping off back to her room. "Now let's go to the mall," she said and we went out to her car. I can't believe I was going out into public with sweats and a hoodie. It looked awkward because my hair was straightened and nice and my make up was done.

It was almost 7 when we got to the mall and walking out at the same time was Tanya wearing my dress. They laughed at me and she just pointed saying, "how pathetic." I rolled my eyes and followed the two of them in. I had to call er sister in the dressing room at Macy's. Could you believe we went to four stores before finding a dress that all three of us agreed on. It was a gold metallic white slinky dress and Karly grabbed a pair of metalic gold boots. We went to the bathroom so I could change and ditch the shoe box and big dress bag. I stuffed my sweats and v-neck into Karly's big bag and just held my hoodie.

We went back through Macy's to get to our car and when we walked out the door he beaper went off. "Miss I need to check your bag," the mall security guard said grabbing Allison's little purse.

"What's going on," Karly said.

"You three stole this," he said pulling a brand new Dolce & Gabbana Perfume bottle.

"We didn't even go through the perfume section," I said to the officer, "this must be a mistake."

"Sure likely story," he said, "come with me." Really this is just the worst day ever, at this rate we may never get there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had no school so I decided to right two while I still had an idea in my head, I know it's getting a little weird now

Because I can't describe dresses well

Karly
http://clubbingdresses.info/images/4033_l.jpg
Allison
http://www.flirtcatalog.com/p-92803-sequin-flame-bandeau-mini-dress.aspx?breakcolor=RED
Bre
http://www.chelseasofnewyork.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=2886SL-RB