The Matchmaker

Chapter

It was a much bigger deal than I could have imagined, turning down the 'it boy'. To some girls I was a hero who did to him what he did to them, to some I was in idiot for letting him go, to most I was still a nobody because I may never look like that again. Yes I hung up the dress and put back on my huge hoodies and jeans and my hair mostly in a pony tail. That was not the same girl who was at that party, but I would always be this girl.

Is it disappointing to me that I went through all that trouble just to give up, no because I wanted to give up from the beginning. I don't need love or drama or any of that crap right now. I need to concentrate on grades and besides I was about to be gone for a week in Washington DC.

"Do you know if he's going, do you know if the guys rooms are near the girls, there is a dance at the end," Allison kept saying things of this sort as we made our way to the plane. We had to meet early, preferably in warm clothes because it would be cold there.

"Allison shut up," I said no longer able to listen to her.

"You are so cranky," she said and walked ahead to the rest of the class. the whole trip would be my break from this ridiculous crap. And I did know he wasn't coming on this thing. And that it was.

_____________________________________

The monday we got back was bitter sweet, I missed DC, but t the same time it was already may and I had seriously missed Karly. I could have stabbed Allison, Karly usually keeps me sane.

"Bre,"Karly yelled jumping on me and I just laughed.

"Someone missed me," I said.

"Yeah," she said, "you're not allowed to leave ever again." I smiled cause lets face it, its nice to know that you're missed.

"I miss DC," Allison said as she came in. Karly and I both rolled our eyes before Karly jumped her into a hug.

"No, you just miss Jeff," I said raising my eyebrow.

"Yes, I want him to be my date for the junior prom," she said. If you want to know he was our tour guide the entire time and he was cute, but like reality check. He lives there and he's like way older.

"You're dillusional, even if you had a chance he couldn't stop everything and fly out here so short notice," Karly said. She hadn't even met the guy and she already agrees. Then she turned to me, "who is Jeff?"

"He was our thirty year old tour guide," I said.

"He was only like 25," Allison said defensively, "now I have to hope some idiot asks me."

"Allison you could always just go with us," Karly said.

"I'm not going," I said backing out. I hated dances, the only dance I would have to go to was prom, the legit prom.

"But it's prom," Allison whined.

"Junior prom," I corrected.

"Come on it won't be fun without you," Karly said.

"I'm just trying to stay out of big social things, but I guess I'll think about it.," I said giving in. How could I let Karly be stuck with Allison all night, especially one like this where Allison would be overly Allison.

We went to class and unfortuately all lunch I was tied up by phone calls and giving people advise on how to ask people out. "Are you sure she'll say yes," the voice on the other line wimpered.

"Trust me, for a dance about 70% of girls will say yes just because and if the question is made in front of people 97% will say yes. So just do it," I said hanging up.

"Hello," I clicked onto a person who was on hold.

"Hey what do I do if I know a guy is going to ask me to prom, but I don't like him," the paniced voice said.

"Just say no, avoid him, make up an excuse, tell him you already have a date," I said.

"But, but ..."

"Bububut nothing, simple as that good bye." What she was sking was too simple to waste my talent on. I started to make my way out of my hiding place and then it buzzed again and I picked it up, "could you please make this quick I'm hungry."

"Umm yeah, I need help asking a girl to the dance," the voice said.

"Easy make it public, most girls will say yes anyways, just do it..."

"No, you don't understand this girl hates me," he said, "she'll say no without thinking, she'll make up an excuse, she'll avoid me."

"Then why are you even trying, no girl is worth that trouble," I said.

"Trust me she is," he said. I rolled my eyes stupid, dilusional, love sick, high school boys. They don't listen to anything the master says.

"Okay, find her, call her bluff and ask her why say you can change and tell her she's beautiful, that always helps," I said. My advise has gotten worse and worse, I used to be so good, but now I'm just bleh, but that will work on most girls, the dumb ones.

"I don't think that will work," he said.

"Why not, is she ugly," I said and started laughing.

"No, she's smart," he said.

"Oh she's smart, AP bio Ap whatever most girls, their feelings are easy to manipulate, but if she really is smart," I said thinking for a second, "you're going to have to prove it somehow, show her that she's different, do or say something that she knows you would never say."

"Okay, I guess I could..."

"Good," I hung up because I was so hungry. This was ridiculous how hungry I was, it felt like I haven't eaten for days.