The Matchmaker

The End

"I don't want to go," I said sitting on Karly's bed as I watched her and Allison get ready for our junior prom. I was still in sweats and a huge hoodie, I really had no interest in going and being cornered into dancing with him.

"Anthony will be there," Allison said giving me a look.

I glared in disgust, "what makes you think I would care if he were there." She shrugged as she painted her foundation onto her face. I never understood the art of makeup, all I really knew how to do was put on mascara. I hadn't even brought my dress that way the couldn't weasel me into coming, I would just walk home when they left. Oh I was still in the process of glaring at Allison who was paying no attention to me.

"Maybe because he loves you and you love him," Karly said raising her brow. She was done, her dress was on and she looked pretty. She had already fixed her hair and makeup.

"I do not," I said obviously defensively.

"Bre," she turned to me.

"No, no don't give me that look or try to talk me into that," I said putting my hands up, "we all know love is an impossibility, I don't even believe in it." I didn't want to admit it, but I kind of did like him, he intrigued me. He was that extreme high school cliche, but he was veering from the normal course. And it's not even like i'm the cute shy girl who all of a sudden catches his eyes. Why would he even like me, why am I even thinking about this, don't like him let alone love him so why is this even crossing my mind.

"I know you," Karly said, "there's nothing you're more afraid of, but it was bond to happen." She shrugged and I narrowed my eyes. truth is I was kind of scared, that they were all right, but why would I let them know.

"I'm not afraid, I'm fearless," I said posing as if I were high and mighty.

"Oh yeah then why won't you just go to the dance, if you really don't like him than it shouldn't matter whether you see him or not," Karly said. Of course I'm friends with the only person I know equally as smart as me. I couldn't think, that would be an obvious sign of digging for an excuse, lets see what I come up with on the spot.

"Because I'm increasing my rebellion by not going," i said.

"That doesn't even make sense, now you're just bsing," Karly shrugged and then gave me an evil grin, "because you love him."

"Stop saying that," I said.

"It's true."

"No."

"Bre."

"Maybe," I looked down and gave in, "but it doesn't matter I didn't bring my dress."

"No worries I brought it," she said and walked over to her closet taking it out. My jaw dropped and i gave her a look questioning how she got my dress. "Well, I knew you'd pull this and I thought your dress would look better than that," she gestured at my outfit, "when you finally give in." I narrowed my eyes and rolled them at her before changing and I was ready to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived and the place was decorated beautifully, I would never recognize our gym. The actual prom is in some nice hotel, but the junior prom is merely held in the gym. The DJ was surprisingly pretty good, playing a good mix of oldies with the new hip hop stuff. Unfortunately I spent most of the night avoiding you know who, I am not ready to face any fear that I might have. I am stubborn and I am going to let this issue ruin my night, I don't even want to be here. This wasn't how it was supposed to go, no one was supposed to figure out my secret and I wasn't supposed to become just another love sick puppy. Wait I take that back, i'm not in love, I'm in denial.

"Are you really going to hide the whole night,"Karly said and I nodded, "he's been looking for you."

"I'm an all star at avoiding people," I said, "if you for some reason side with the enemy I will avoid you too." She just shook her head and left it be. Allison had actually been uncharacteristically quiet.

"Time to announce you're king and queen," the DJ said, "can I have all nominees up on stage."

"yes that means it's almost over," I said smiling to myself, "i am amazing." I crossed my arms and admired my work.

"You are impossible," Karly shook her head.

"The night's not over yet," Allison said with a creepy smile on her face. I don't even want to know.

The guys were Anthony, Franky and Cal and the girls were Tanya, Genna and Sarah. Let's face it we all knew who would be king and queen so why even show any interest. Oh and guess what I'm right it was them two. And now the dance of honor, they go dance with their dates. I crossed my arms almost angry.

"I think I'm going home," I said heading towards the door as they crowned them.

"Oh come on at least stay till the end," Allison begged.

Karly crossed her arms and said, "I'm not leaving."

"I'll walk," I shrugged and continued my journey to the exit pushing through my stupid classmates who's attention was dedicated toward the crowning.

"Excuse me," a familiar voice came through the speaker system. I turned around just because the voice slightly made me jump, when the speaker was who I assumed I turned back. "I know I'm supposed to dance with the girl I came with, but there's someone who's probably not even listening and not even here. Someone I think I might love." All the girls sang their "awws," because this was soo cute and soo romantic and soo adorable.

"Shit," I quietly cursed to myself. I put my hand on my forehead and shook it, did that really make me stop, is he really saying this out loud.

"She's the most gorgeous and amazing girl in this room, and hardly any of you people even know her name," he said. I clenched my fists and picked up my speed towards the door, that was just insulting. "I just want the whole school to hear that I, Anthony Haines, am desperate and all out of tricks, she's turned me down several times and before you walk out that door, I want to ask Breanna Fletcher to dance." He was looking directly at me and I just crossed my arms, does he expect me to walk up there.

I smiled and then shook my head mouthing the word "no". I'll assume he got the message and I just left the room.

"I gotta go," he said into the mic, "she just said no." I heard and I walked down the hallway and out the door. It was kind of cold outside, but who cares I am out of here. I won't lie I was a little happy when he came running out the door after me, i mean who doesn't want a well dressed attractive guy running after them.

He grabbed my arm and turned me around and our eyes met. I stepped back and crossed my arms, "why." It's all I wanted to know. He just shrugged, he didn't even know, but then he leaned in and his lips gently met mine, I could feel my heart beating and I couldn't stop myself. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him back . When we released he looked down at me and just smirked. I took that opportunity to slap him across the face.

"What was that for," he said still smiling.

"For embarrassing me in front of the whole class asshole," I said and this time I took it into my hands and brought his face to mine for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry corny
I'm not good with endings