The Matchmaker

Chaos Among Girls

As soon as I got into school I ran over to Allison and Karly and jumped on Allison. "Woah there," Allison said pushing me back, "what's got you so excited."

"I may just have exclusive news that a certain someone's crush since first grade is breaking up with his girlfriend," I said giving her a huge smile.

"It was sixth grade," she said crossing her arms defensively. I rolled my eyes and waited for her excitement to kick in, "Oh my gosh are you serious, I've been waiting for years. How do you know, it doesn't really matter he never notices me, but what if he does my dreams come true..." She just kept rambling things off in a matter of seconds.

"Slow down," Karly said stopping Allison, "it's probably just a rumor." She shot me over a stern look as if asking, why get her hopes up. Well, because I am going to make it so that the two of them are together.

"I happen to have gotten it from the source," I said, "him and his group came to the diner and after his girlfriend was a beezy he told me he wanted to break up with her."

"This is amazing," she said looking in the direction he was with admiration.

"Although, I do not understand or really support your cliche crush on the football guy I am happy for you," I smiled a sincere smile.

"You really think I have a chance," she said.

"Anyone has a chance if they know exactly what to say," I said. I was hoping that would get her to call for help, but you never know. The bell rang and all my classes people were talking about the break up between Tanya and Anthony, he was finally single. I was busy enough, but now the phone's would be ringing for advise to get to him.

"Do you think they'll still sit at the same table," Allison asked me as we walked out to lunch.

"Well, you'll have to tell me," I said and saw the confused look, "didn't do my Spanish project, I'll be in the library."

"You never do your homework," she said. I don't even have a Spanish project, we both have the same teacher, just different periods. She should have questioned it, sometimes she can be so clueless.

I went up to my usual spot and kind of just stayed in there, today it was mostly about him. "How do I get Anthony to like me," they would all ask.

"You know several girls have called with the same problem, so you have to make yourself stand out in a good way, make him notice you," I said to everyone of them. So the school is going to be full of girls trying to get his attention. This is what it's always like on the first day. Normally that advise would work, but not now. They are all going to throw themselves at him, that will get them noticed, but not in a good way.

Finally I got the one I was waiting for, I recognized the number as Allison's. "Hello, what is your dilemma today," I said.

"Umm, I've had a crush on Anthony for a long time, and I really need help, I'm really shy," she said.

"Of course you have a crush on him," I said rolling my eyes. "So here is what you do, don't throw yourself at him everyone else already is, but you have to make eye contact. Smile at him, but don't make a move, he'll approach you because you're not falling all over him." Warning, advise won't work with any guy. I know these people or somehow learn about them, we all go to school together.

"Really that will work," she asked.

"Yes just do it," I said as I hung up.

I think I purposely gave her the best advise and that might be wrong, but I mean everyone is calling about him they have to know.

I heard my phone vibrate again, I picked it up and said, "let me guess, you like Anthony."

"Not exactly," a male voice said and I almost laughed to myself, "has there really been that many calls about me."

"You're calling for advise," I questioned, "trust me you'll have no problem okay bye."

I was about to hang up, "that's not really my problem, I always pick the wrong girls, their always like Tanya."

"Here's an idea," I said sarcastically, "look past the cheer squad."

"I'm calling for advise, can't you cut the sarcasm and treat me like the last person who called you," he said angrily. I just realized I need to take advantage of this, he's letting me set him up with Allison, this is perfect.

"Fine," I said, "you need to not give into all the girls who throw themselves at you, their not worth it. Don't look to far, the girl is right in front of you, she'll look you in the eye and smile occasionally, but she won't make a move."

"Really, but how do I know that girl likes me," he said.

"She's smiling isn't she, and her friends are probably rolling their eyes," I said, "you need to approach her and even if she denies liking you, she does."

"Are you sure," he said.

"Did you call to question me, or to take my advice," I said and before giving time to respond, "thanks for calling." And I hung up, a few more phone calls and I set my answer machine to text. A voice always seems better to me, that's why I like to take calls, but in class texting is easier.

I walked to the lunch area for the last like three minutes, "dude you missed a lot," Karly said.

"What did I miss," I said.

"I have my own way of getting his attention," she said sticking her tongue out at Karly."The girls are going crazy with Anthony, it's hilarious," she said. I shook my head and looked over at Allison who was flashing a flirtatious smile at someone. I turned around as if I didn't already know who, he was looking over and I made sure he saw me roll my eyes. "Why don't you join them," Karly said to Allison.