The Matchmaker

Library

It came to Thursday afternoon and Karly and I offered to get the food for our project group so that we might be late. The library is actually really close to our school so we decided to just walk and hit up Taco Bell on the way. We got orders, there were only three other people in our group. It was basically the biggest project of the year, worth 30% of our final grade and then if you're project was good you got to be in the science fair. There are only four AP Chemistry classes, but luckily that means about 100 students.

"What happens if he's there," I said worried.

"There are so many students he wouldn't be able to pick just one of the many study rooms," she said smiling.

"I'll take your word," I said. When we arrived at the library we shoved the food into our backpacks and walked in and got in the line for the study room schedules.

She looked at the line and then turned to me, "he's only like three people before us, just don't get wide eyes or make it obvious." I tend to open my eyes really wide when I'm either shocked or nervous.

"I can play it cool," I said and she just laughed and we got into the line. It was kind of long, but that's because this was mandatory. There was a sign on sheet to assure you did spend time on this project.

We watched as Anthony was in the front. "Excuse me did anyone from Monteview High reserve a study room," he asked.

"Every student in AP Chemistry is here," the woman at the desk said. She had her hair up in a tight bun and glasses that appeared to be to big hanging off her ears.

"Are they all in study rooms," he questioned.

"Yeah," she said, "they have to be, there's a sign in sheet."

"Can I see that," he asked pointing at the list.

"No, but I can give you a copy of all the AP Chem students," she said, she kind of had a careless flemmy voice.

"That would be great," he said and she turned to her computer, printed a copy and handed it to him. He walked toward the study rooms and Karly just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, which room is Alyssa in," I said while Karly and I signed in.

"Room 17," she said. We thanked her and walked to one of the many small square rooms around the library. They were enclosed rooms with one table in the middle a white board and a few outlets for computers. There are windows and people walking by can see you, but the rooms are in the back. And technically you can't eat, but when you sit in the right spot and or behind your huge display board you can eat.

We ate our food quickly and then got started on our project, we were doing the stimulus that temperature may or may not have on glow sticks. I just like it because there are glow sticks. We already did the experiment and today we are just putting everything in order and making sure that our board looks legit and we have a lot of unbroken glow sticks so we can demonstrate in class and possibly at the science fair.

When we finished Karly and I left to walk back to school and held our laughter when we saw that he was still wandering around the library. When we got out of the building she said, "that was close at least he didn't see you."

"But now it's narrowed down and i have my horrible best friend to thank for that," I said and she gave me a fake angry look.

"At least I warned you that I lost him," she said.

"True," I gave her credit for that, "but now it's narrowed down from every possible girl in the school to about 63." I felt sick he had a list of names in front of him.

"Chill there are 107 AP Chem students," she said as if I exaggerated or made up that number.

"Karly," I said looking at her as if she were 5, "I would hope he's smart enough to exclude the guys from the list." She let out an oo to show that she got it. There were exactly 63 girls in AP Chemistry and I had to make me someone else to him.