Status: Active

Burn

Mexico

Once upon a time...

Isn't that how every happy story starts? This isn't one of those stories, so why have a beginning like that? Maybe its the only appropriate beginning. It did all begin once upon a time. There was a girl and a boy. They loved each other very much.

Wait, now it sounds like the beginning of the sex talk. Sex does play a big part in this story too. None of these sound like the right way to begin the story of such destruction, devastation, realization, love, heartbreak, and adventure. So if neither of those sound right, how do you start?

The beginning is usually best. Forget all the fucking metaphors. Lets kick this bitch off.

"Brian!" Drew screamed as she walked into her best friend's house. This wasn't something new that she did. Drew would intentionally burst into the house loudly every morning for a specific reason.

"Fucking hell, Drew! Can't you ever just sleep in for once?" Michelle yelled, huffing down the stairs as she did every morning. Drew smirked triumphantly as Michelle walked into the kitchen. Drew loved to piss off Michelle in any way that she could. She knew that every morning she would try to have morning sex with Brian; Drew couldn't have that. She looked to the stairs as Brian came walking down. He looked magnificent in the mornings. Plaid pajama pants that hung in all the right places, white wife beater that clung to his muscled physique and accentuated his bold tattoo's, and the messy black bed hair which looked so perfect and asymmetrical. Every morning, watching Brian walk down the stairs, Drew's heart would beat much harder.

"Morning, Drew." Brian muttered as he walked towards her. Drew smiled cheerfully as he wrapped one arm around her and pulled her into a light embrace. Drew buried herself into his chest as she breathed in his heavenly scent. "You are a jerk." Brian muttered again. Drew laughed, reluctantly pulling away from him.

"Sorry. I'm always here this early. You should know that." She replied innocently. Brian glared at her with his infamous crooked smile.

"Don't think I don't know why you're here this early." He told her. Drew shot him the look as if she didn't know what he was talking about. He laughed and shook his head. Cut the shit. You know that Michelle tries every morning." Drew gasped and put her hands over her ears.

"No! Don't need to hear about that!" She yelled as she walked into the living room. Michelle was already in there, looking over the wedding plans. Aside from being Brian's friend, she was also their wedding planner. Drew did it for a living. When she found out that Brian had proposed to Michelle, he asked if she would help. She didn't want to. Why would she want to plan the wedding of the man of her dreams to the woman of her nightmares? It was for Brian though, she could never say no to him. Knowing she wouldn't be able to get out of it, she offered to do it as their wedding present. At first, Brian was against it and wanted to pay her. Michelle was against it mainly because she wanted to spend Brian's money and a real wedding present from Drew. Drew insisted no matter how much it hurt her.

"I don't like this." Michelle replied as she looked over the plans.

"What don't you like?" Drew asked as she sat across from her. They had been planning the wedding for a year and it was only a month before the actual day. D-Day as Drew aptly named it.

"The whole thing." Michelle sighed. Drew's eyes widened.

"What do you mean?" She nervously asked. What had she messed up on? Everything was set and paid for. What on earth could she want to change? Michelle sighed and leaned back on the couch.

"I changed my mind. I don't want the wedding in California." Drew's head about exploded. "I want to get married on the beach in Mexico."

"Mexico?!" Drew gasped, not being able to catch her breath. Michelle wanted to change everything and move it to another country.

"What about Mexico?" Brian asked as he walked in the room, munching on a bagel. Drew looked to him with wide eyes and fear running through her. "What'd I miss?" He asked, confused.

"S-she wants to move the w-wedding to m-m-Mexico!" Drew stuttered out. The bagel fell from Brian's mouth only to barely hit the floor before Pinkly was grabbing it up.

"Chelle!" Brian gasped. Michelle looked between the two, bored.

"What?" She asked as if her request wasn't a big deal. Brian groaned and sat down next to his fiance.

"You can't just decide a month before the wedding that you want to change everything completely." He tried to reason. Drew sat on the opposite couch of him and Michelle, hyperventilating. She prayed that Brian would be able to convince her not to change anything.

"But baby," Michelle whined as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Shit, there went all of her hope. Brian never told her no. It pissed her off to no end. As soon as she heard that annoying whine, Drew couldn't take it. She stood up and walked out of the house quickly.

"Drew, wait!" Brian yelled as he ran out after her. She tried her hardest to ignore him. Whatever he was going to say, she didn't want to hear it. Brian grabbed hold of her arm, pulling her back to him. She struggled against him to get away. "Drew, Stop. There's no use."

"You're right! There is no use! She's going to get her way just like she always does!" Drew argued. "I'm gonna be the one stuck doing all the work! I can't do it Brian. I'm sorry. I just can't." She sighed, looking away from him to hide her tears of frustration.

"Drew, you can't give up now. Please." He begged. She couldn't do it. She wouldn't give into him this time. "I know this is the worst thing to possibly happen, but I need you." Drew squeezed her eyes tighter; not wanting to give into him. "Drew?" He asked, pulling him to her so her back was to him. She felt the warmth of his chest radiating across her back. It was making it harder and harder for her to say no. "Please don't leave me," he whispered into her neck as his head rested on her shoulder. That was it. She couldn't fight against him anymore. Her heart wouldn't let her.

"Do you know how much work I have to do now?" She groaned. Brian's chest rumbled with laughter as his arms tightened around her.

"Thank you Drew. You won't regret this. I promise." He muttered against her hair as his lips lightly picked the top of her head. She was always regretting it. She regretted it the first time she said yes. Drew pushed out of his embrace and towards her car. "Where are you going?"

"Crazy. Want to come?" She spat bitterly. Brian laughed, watching her get in the car and drive off. Drew blasted Papa Roach all the way to her office. She was fuming. Not because Michelle had decided to change everything; well, maybe a little. Mainly, she was mad at herself for giving in to Brian. She hated that he had so much control over her and he didn't even know it! Drew never let a man control her. She was an independent woman through and through. Whenever Brian showed up though, her control completely flew out the window. Drew groaned, hitting the steering wheel in frustration. This wasn't how her morning was supposed to go.

After taking the long way to work, Drew walked into her office; sipping on her frappachino. Her assistant Alice looked to her with a smile. "Good morning, Drew." She greeted. Drew grunted in reply as she walked towards her office. Alice followed behind her, giving her the messages she missed. "Miss. Garcia called wanting to discuss her floral arrangements. Miss. Taylor sent a fax of her venue contract for you to go over before she signs it. Mr. Booker called because he wants to cancel the wedding for the fourth time." Alice laughed. Drew rolled her eyes at the last message as she hung up her coat.

"He'll call back in a minute to say it's back on." Drew replied. "After Olivia fucks him he usually reconsiders." Alice laughed, checking off the message.

"You have three meetings with brides at 10, 1, and 3." Alice told her, handing her the new girls files. Drew took the files and looked over them. They seemed typical enough. Basic colors, lots of flowers, true love. That was one thing that made Drew hate her job. She could never have what the brides she worked with could. Her true love was one of her clients. It would never work. "Drew?" Alice asked, snapping Drew from her thought process. She looked up to her with questioning eyes.

"I'm sorry. What?" She replied. Alice laughed and handed her her another file.

"Michelle called. She'll be here in 10 minutes to discuss her changes." She told her. Drew groaned, taking the file and chucking it across the room. Alice jumped in shock at her actions.

"No use for that fucking file anymore. She's changing the whole fucking wedding!" Drew growled. Alice's eyes widened.

"What do you mean she's changing the whole wedding?" She asked, horror plastered across her face. "They're getting married in a month!"

"I know. She told me today she wants to cancel all the plans and move it to Mexico!" Drew sighed as she sipped her drink.

"Oh my god. Why would she do that?" Alice gasped in disbelief. Drew rolled her eyes as she began to check her emails.

"Because she lives to make my life a living hell." She replied. Alice nodded, walking out of the office to let Drew cool down. Drew read through her emails from her more frantic brides about various issues. She replied to as many as she could before Alice was knocking on her door frame. Drew looked up from her computer, pushing her glasses down her nose a bit.

"Michelle is here." She told her. Drew let out a deep sigh and nodded. Alice smiled sympathetically as she let Michelle in.

"You left before we could talk about what I wanted." Michelle said as she sat in front of Drew at her desk.

"You want to cancel everything and move it to another country a month before your wedding." Drew muttered, not looking at her. She couldn't look at her without want to beat her head in.

"You make it sound like it's a big deal." Michelle scoffed. Drew gasped, looking to Michelle's smirking face. "You are doing this for us as a wedding present. So, I decided why not have the best?"

"Michelle," Drew groaned, running her hands down her face.

"What? Call up the best place in Mexico and book it." She replied. Drew sighed, staring at her.

"What about your bridal wear, the food, the flowers, the DJ, the minister, everything! I have to change all that." Michelle rolled her eyes, not realizing how much work Drew had to actually do. Drew sighed, taking off her reading glasses. "Michelle, I am not a miracle worker. I can't do all of it in a month. We have to change the date."

"No." Michelle spat. "No, I have waited long enough to marry Brian. I am not waiting any longer. If you don't get what I want done in a month, Brian and I are going to Vegas by ourselves. Now, you wouldn't want that would you?" She asked, the bitchy smirk gliding onto her face. "Losing your most popular client in this area as well as losing your best friend all because you wouldn't cooperate." Drew glared at her, wishing she would burst into flames and she'd be done with her. Michelle shrugged and began to stand up. "If you can't do it, then I'll just have to find someone else." Drew fumed. She hated being told that she couldn't do something. "So, what do you say? Can you or can you not?" She smirked again.

"Fine. I'll do it. Tell Brian he owes me big." Drew growled, turning back to her computer to get started.

"I'm sure there are a lot of things you'd like me to tell him for you." She laughed, hoisting her bag that Drew noticed held a very distressed looking Pinkly. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to take this nasty dog to the groomers." She replied, looking down to Pinkly. "I'll check back later!" She called as she walked out of the office. Drew growled, getting on her intercom to Alice.

"Alice, print me out a picture of Michelle and get me a dart board. I need to improve my aim." She muttered. Fucking bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! Let me know what you think of the new story.
I was inspired by Papa Roach's new song 'Burn'. If you haven't listened to it, go do it! It's insanity!