Status: Active

Burn

Angels don't cry.

"I can't believe you left this place." Cori laughed as she walked into the living room of Drew's former home. Drew had been renting it out since she left and it happened by chance that her tenants had just moved out. Drew sat on the couch staring blankly into space. Cori sighed and sat down next to her, handing her some tea. "Do not blame yourself." Easier said than done.

"I shouldn't have left." Drew sighed putting the tea on the coffee table, untouched.

"You leaving had nothing to do with his death. These things happen." Drew wasn't hearing it. Even if it was some freak accident, she would still feel guilty forever. "Please stop beating yourself up about this."

"He was like my brother. We did everything together, and I just left him. I shouldn't have done that." Cori sighed, leaning back against the couch.

"Maybe you could have left a better way; but you would have been miserable if you were to go to that wedding." Cori reasoned. Drew knew that she was right, but it didn't help at all. "Would he want you sad and crying?" Drew looked away. "Would he?"

"He hated when I cried." Drew muttered. "He said that angels weren't supposed to cry." She said with a light laugh. Cori smiled.

"What else would he tell you?" She asked, wanting to get her to remember the good things about Jimmy.

"Everything. There was nothing that he didn't tell me." Drew smiled.

"Nothing?" She pushed. Drew shook her head. "Not even the private things?" Drew laughed loudly.

"Especially the private things. He would brag the most about what he and his girlfriend Leana did." Cori smiled, glad to see some kind of improvement. Jimmy's funeral was tomorrow and Cori knew it would be hard for her. So, Any kind of happiness was good for her. "There was one time when Jimmy was living in the laundromat. Jimmy and Leana had just started dating and she didn't know that he lived there. One night, he brought her in after he closed down the store and lets just say that he showed her how much the washers shook." Drew laughed. That was one of the million stories that Drew would always remember of Jimmy. As she thought of other stories, her tears returned to her eyes.

"No, no, no!" Cori gasped, taking her in her arms. "No crying. Angels don't cry." Drew nodded wiping her tears away with a small smile on her lips.

"They're happy tears. I miss him so much but I'm glad that I have the memories of him." Drew explained. "It proves to me that he was real and not just an imaginary friend." Cori nodded and rubbed her back.

"He was your angel and he had to go back to heaven."

"Far too soon." Drew sighed. Cori nodded and they sat together in silence for a while.

"You want me to go get some dinner?" Cori asked lightly after a while.

"Do you know where to go?" Cori smiled and pulled out her phone.

"I'm sure that I can find it." Drew smiled and nodded her head. "Chinese food it is."

"You do know that they deliver, right?" Cori stood up, stretching her arms high over her head.

"We've been cooped up in this house all day. I'm going to drive around." Drew nodded pulling her knees to her chest. "You know, it might be a good idea if you got out a bit too." All Drew wanted to do was hide away in the house. She wasn't happy about being back in California, so she wanted to see as little of it as possible. "Take a walk or something." Cori suggested as she slipped on her hoodie. "I won't be long."

"I'll be fine." Drew told her. Cori smiled and walked out to the car. The silence in the house was eerie. Drew had gotten used to the constant sound of traffic outside of her New York home. She was alone with her thoughts and the silence wasn't helping. Drew threw on her coat and went down towards the beach. The sun was just setting and the light reflecting against the water made it look like liquid gold. Drew took off her shoes and placed her feet into the golden water. Drew smiled happily. She didn't realize how much she missed this. The cool December wind blew her hair around, but she didn't feel the cold. The wind wrapped around her and the sun shined warmly on her skin. Drew closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around herself. "I've missed you too, Jimmy..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't do this." Drew groaned as they pulled up to the funeral home. Cori sighed, holding her hand tightly.

"I know this is going to be hard. Everyone misses Jimmy." Drew shook her head looking down at her hands.

"It's not just that. No one in there wants to see me." She timidly muttered. Cori took Drew's face in her hands gently and made her look at her. Cori could see the tears brimming her eyes already.

"Matt wouldn't have called you if he didn't want you here." Drew sighed looking away from her. "I'll be right there with you. If anyone tries anything, which they shouldn't, I'll be there for you." Drew managed to give a half smiled as she engulfed Cori in her arms. Cori smiled, welcoming her hug. "It'll be alright. We'll go in there, stay for the service and then leave. We don't have to go to the cemetery if you don't want to." Drew nodded and wiped her tears away. Cori gave her hand one more supportive squeeze before they got out of the car.

Usually one would expect the weather for a day like this to fit the occasion. All day the weather people called for rain and gloom. Only, it seemed that it rained everywhere but over the funeral home. There was bright blue sky, as blue as Jimmy's eyes and the sun shone warmly upon every sad face that entered. It truly was Jimmy doing his best not to have everyone sad. That's the way he always was. Jimmy hated when anyone was upset. He would do anything to make them smile. Drew looked up to the blue sky, closing her eyes to the sun and let the light dry away her tears; just like Jimmy would have. Cori gently placed her hand on Drew's back and led her into the funeral home.

The mood inside was nothing like it was outside. Pictures of Jimmy lined the wall and red roses scattered in the vases around the place. Family and friends were clumped together, sharing their personal stories of Jimmy; trying their hardest to keep hold of their memories of how he was. As Drew walked through she could hear the hushed whispers surrounding her. Some of shock, 'I can't believe she came back.' Some of anger, 'How dare she just bail on them and then have the nerve to show up here.' Even a few of sympathy, 'She looks completely heartbroken.' Cori led her into the service room, taking seats in the very back. Drew looked straight to the front of the room where Jimmy's casket laid. The wood was a dark wood, almost black. The gold trim around it gave it a regal look. Drew smiled lightly, remembering how he would treat her like a princess. She looked closer at it, a light chuckle escaped her lips when she saw a deathbat sticker and a vengeance university sticker attached to the side. The boys would do that.

Drew's eyes moved to the front row, her breath catching in her chest. They all sat together with their loved ones attached to their sides. They looked much paler than their sun-kissed complexion ever allowed. The dark circles under their eyes and the redness blotched across their cheeks gave off the appearance that they hadn't slept and only cried. They made no attempt to hide it. Matt had his arms wrapped tightly around Val as she cried into his muscular chest. He didn't shed a tear, only stared off into space in front of him. Zacky sat with Gena, her head laying on his shoulder and his placed on top of hers as their hands held each other tightly. Zacky's green eyes no longer were bright and full of life. Johnny didn't look upset, he looked mad. His arms were crossed over his chest as his face was set into a permanent glare. Lacey draped her arm around his shoulders with her other hand laid on his folded arms. She looked as if she were trying to reason with him, only making his glare harsher.

She then noticed that Brian wasn't with them. She looked around the crowded room, not spotting him. The minister called everyone to their seats saying that the service was about to being. Cori's hand placed comfortingly on Drew's thigh. Drew nodded her head signaling to her that she was alright. Everyone filed into the seats that filled the small room. Just as the minister was about to start, Brian and Michelle walked into the room. The sound of her heels clanking against the hardwood floors drew attention to them. She was dressed in the tightest, red mini dress that had ever been made. Her bleached blonde hair with her dark roots mixed with the dark smoky eyeshadow and black heels made her look like Brian had picked her up right off the street. Some gasps sounded throughout the room. She was definitely not dressed for a funeral. Figures that she would try and steal all the attention away from why everyone was here. Once the guys noticed their arrival, all of their faces turned to anger and disgust. As soon as Michelle sat down she leaned over, placed her hand on Brian's chest and kissed his cheek. Drew knew what she was doing. Michelle moved her hand lightly, causing the giant ring on her finger to sparkle. She was bragging. Drew rolled her eyes and looked to Brian.

He was more beautiful now than he was when she left. His hair was shorter but still up in the spiked style. His muscles were bigger, more defined even through his suit that he wore. Dark glasses covered his probably tear-stained eyes. Even with the glasses, he looked embarrassed. A small blush of red flushed over his face when Michelle kissed him. Drew's heart beat faster as she looked at him. She missed him. She had just forgotten how much she actually missed him.

With the distraction out of the way, the minister began the service. He started out with thanking everyone for coming; saying how great it was that Jimmy was so loved. Drew tried to listen to the service but her attention just went to Brian. He wasn't watching the minister like everyone else was. His head was down and he seemed to be muttering to himself. Michelle's hand was running up and down his thigh suggestively as she tried to look as if she were paying attention. A year and a half had gone by and she still hadn't changed a bit. Well, maybe her tits did. Drew looked to the other guys; tears now slipped from their eyes. It tore Drew apart. She had never seen them cry before, they never had reason to when she was with them.

She looked around at all the people gathered together, not a dry eye in the house. All of them were blessed to have Jimmy be a part of their lives. These were the lucky ones. Jimmy truly was an angel sent down from heaven to make the world bright. Now that his light had been snubbed out, who would take his place? No one could have the same effect on people like he did. The service continued with people going up and sharing their favorite stories of him. Some got the crowd chuckling through their tears while others re-started the waterworks. Cori looked to Drew, asking if she would go up. Of course she said no. It wasn't that she was scared to go in front of everyone. It was that she didn't want to share her memories. Those would always be between her and Jimmy. Once no one else walked up to say a few words, the minister sent a final prayer of goodbye to the heavens before they started the proceeding lines for everyone to say their final goodbyes. As the guests got into the ling, Drew grabbed Cori's hand and made their way out to the car. Cori wrapped her arm around Drew's shoulder as they walked.

"Drew!" A familiar voice shouted. Cori looked back and tried to stop Drew.

"No. Keep walking, Cori." Drew groaned keeping her focus ahead of her.

"Drew!" The voice called again, getting closer. Cori sighed and stopped Drew.

"You will not run away from this." She demanded. Drew shook her head. "Face your past so you can move on with your future." Drew sent her a death glare.

"Drew." Gena smiled when she caught up with them. "It's really you." She lightly laughed. Drew nodded pushing hair behind her ear nervously. "I thought that it was just seeing things."

"No. It's me." She practically whispered. Gena couldn't help herself. She threw her arms around Drew and hugged her tightly. It took Drew a minute before she returned the hug half-heartedly. Her guilt was overpowering her. She didn't deserve to be hugged by her after all that happened. Gena pulled away, tears filling her eyes. "Oh, Gena. Please don't cry."

"I'm sorry." She smiled as she wiped away the tears, careful not the mess up her make-up. "I'm just so happy that you're back." Drew smiled. She had missed Gena too. Out of all the girls, she was the closest to Gena. Gena looked to Cori, smiling a thousand watt smile. "I'm sorry, I'm being rude. I'm Gena." She introduced herself to her.

"I'm Cori. It's nice to meet you." Cori smiled.

"This is my best friend and business partner." Drew smiled, linking her arm with Cori. Drew noticed a quick flash of sadness flash through Gena's eyes. Perhaps she was sad because he had been replaced. As soon as it was there, it was gone again.

"I actually wanted to ask you if you would come to a little get together that Zack and I are having at our place." Gena asked, hopeful. Drew shifted uncomfortably, holding onto Cori's arm tighter. Cori gave her a reassuring squeeze. "You're more than welcome to come too, Cori. Sorry, I'm being so rude today." Cori laughed lightly.

"Gena, I'm not sure that's the greatest idea..." Drew sighed.

"Please? Everyone is dy...anxious to see you." She pleaded, revising her plea a little.

"They don't want to see me. Not after what happened." Gena sighed placing her hand on Drew's shoulder.

"To be completely honest Drew, right now, no one can even think about what happened. We're getting together so that we don't have to be along. No one is real stable right now. Jimmy wouldn't want to. So, please." Drew couldn't deny her. She didn't want to be alone either. Besides, if Cori really wanted to see how her life was, this was a good chance.

"Alright. We'll go." Drew conceded. Gena smiled and clapped her hands.

"That's great!" She laughed.

"Gena!" The three girls looked to the door seeing Zacky standing there.

"Gotta go. You remember where the House is?" Drew nodded not breaking her gaze with Zacky. He looked as if his heart was breaking more and more with every second her looked at her. "He really missed you. Talks about you at least once a day." Gena told her. Drew sighed and broke his gaze.

"I'll see you at the house." Drew muttered. Gena nodded and hugged both girls.

"See you there!" She called as she walked back to Zacky. Drew gave one last look to him before walking to the car.

"Is she always that perky?" Cori laughed, getting into the car with Drew.

"Kinda. I think she's being extra perky to keep from breaking down over Jimmy." Drew replied as she drove off towards her house.

"Aren't we going to their place?" Cori asked.

"I'm not going over there dressed for a funeral. That's too depressing." Drew replied. Cori smiled.

"That's the spirit." Drew nodded. She knew she would have to face them sooner or later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go on, Ring the doorbell." Cori urged. Drew was hesitant. She was scared of how they would react. Would they hate her? Give her the cold shoulder? Cori rolled her eyes and rung the doorbell herself. Drew gasped, eyes widening. Cori grabbed hold of her shoulder and turned her back around just in time for Gena to answer the door.

"You came!" She exclaimed happily. "Please, come in." She welcomed as she stood aside for them to come in. Cori practically dragged Drew in. She didn't want to face them. It was too much, too soon. "Everyone is in the living room." Gena said as she led them into the room. Drew took a deep breath as she rounded the corner. They were all there looking as sad and depressed as they had at the funeral. Slowly they all looked to her, different emotions flashed across their faces. Guilt was the only look that masked Drew's face. An extremely uncomfortable silence filled the room Drew couldn't look at them. The looks of disappointment and anger were too much for her to handle. Coming here was a bad idea.

She was shocked when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her tiny frame. Drew looked up to see Matt's hazel eyes staring at her with great happiness. She couldn't hold it in anymore. The relief that washed over her released all the emotions that she was feeling. Drew wrapped her arms around him, buried her head in his chest and let her tears finally flow. He held her tightly, resting his head on her shoulder, letting a few tears of his own fall. No words needed to be spoken between them. Drew knew all was forgiven between her and Matt.

Once Drew had calmed down, she gave Matt a final squeeze before pulling away from him. She was happy that she decided against wearing make-up. Not that she really needed it but she didn't need to have it streaming down her face. Drew looked to the other guys with an apologetic look.

"You left." Johnny muttered. Drew nodded, feeling extremely small.

"I had my reasons." She mumbled. Johnny huffed, looking away from her.

"He's mad at the world right now. Don't take it personally." Matt whispered to her. Drew understood. Johnny and Jimmy were probably the closest.

"Why did you leave?" Zacky asked. Drew knew this question was going to come up. She tried her hardest not to look at Brian.

"Who cares?" Brian replied. She looked over to him. She hadn't heard his voice in so long. She had forgotten how beautiful it was. "She obviously doesn't care about us." That hurt. It was the farthest from the truth.

"Hey asshole, shut up. I don't even know any of you and I can tell that's not true." Cori spat at him.

"Hey bitch, I don't really care what you think," Brian growled at her. "A true friend wouldn't leave, especially when she did."

"Come on, this isn't why we're here." Gena tried to reason.

"Right. Cause the only reason she would ever come back is if someone dies. That's real nice, Drew." Brian yelled, standing up and walking in front of her. "After today, you'll fall off the edge of the world again. Don't worry, we'll make the next death a hell of a lot more convenient for you." Drew looked into his angry eyes; her heart shattering. Cori pushed Brian away from her.

"Back the fuck off!" She screamed.

"Get your hands off my husband!" Michelle screeched. Cori sent her a glare of pure death. If looks could kill, Cori would have been locked away forever.

"How about he pays you and you can get back to your street corner, fucker." Brian grabbed hold of Cori's arms, forcing her to look at him. "Get your nasty hands off me. If she's your wife, I don't want her nasty diseases." Brian's eyes burned intensely red.

"Don't you fucking talk about her." He seethed. Drew groaned, pushing him off her. He quickly swatted her hands off him. "You, of all people, don't touch me!" He yelled. "I'm fucking glad you left. I don't need you and your depressing little life around me."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She cried. She'd never seen Brian this mad before. The look in his eyes was one of hatred. Yet, behind the hatred she could see that he was hurting as much as she was.

"You are what's wrong with me. You think that you can just come back here after you abandoned me the way you did and expect me to forgive you?!" Drew bowed her head, avoiding his hateful glare. Brian groaned and grabbed her face, forcing her attention back. "Do you?!" He screamed. The feeling of his hot hands on her cheeks were sending heat throughout her body. His sweet breath made her dizzy. "Answer me!" Before Drew could, Cori reared her fist back and punched him straight in the jaw. The shock of the blow sent him to the ground. Cori wrapped her arms around Drew and led her out of the house.

"She doesn't need to answer to an arrogant fuck like you." Cori seethed. They walked to the car, Drew's head in a fog. She didn't expect her first meeting with him to even be like that. Cori fumed as they drove back towards Drew's house. "Can you believe that asshole? How dare he put his hands on you like that!" Drew looked in the side mirror back at the house slowly fading away. Her heart pulled at her when she saw Brian standing on the lawn watching them drive away. Drew put her head in her hands and sobbed. "Oh honey, don't let him affect you. He's nothing but a prick." Drew shook her head. That wasn't why she was upset. "What is it?" Drew looked to Cori, tears streaming down her face.

"I still love him."
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought that since I've been horrible at updating, I'd give you a nice long update!

It had me crying as I wrote it. I miss Jimmy so much. He is truly an angel.

Enjoy!