Status: Active

Burn

All work and no play

"Drew!" Cori screamed from her room. Drew dashed away from her computer and into Cori's room, thinking something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" She frantically asked. Cori laid on her bed, feet lifted in the air as her legs rested against the headboard of her bed. Clad in only her t-shirt and underwear, she lazily looked to her friend.

"I'm dying." She whispered. Drew's heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. Cori couldn't do. What would she do without her?

"W-What? How are you d-dying?" She asked, her heart pounding.

"Of boredom!" She groaned, dramatically throwing her arm over her eyes. A wave of relief washed over Drew only to quickly be replaced by anger. Drew grabbed a pillow from the bed and began beating her relentlessly. "Ow! Hey!" Cori yelped as she tried to block the attack.

"How dare you say something as stupid as that!" Drew yelled as she continued her attack.

"I'm sorry!" Cori laughed. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize it." Drew rolled her eyes. Cori held onto the pillow that was once a weapon and sat up. "But seriously, I'm tired of being stuck in this house." As much as she didn't want to admit it, Cori was right. They had been moping around too much in the past couple of days. "I mean, Zacky's party is tomorrow night but I want to go out now."

"Where do you want to go?" Drew asked, wracking her brain to remember anywhere fun to go around them.

"I want to go wild." Cori smirked, standing up on the bed. "This animal needs to be let out of her cage!" She roared, striking a pose. Drew laughed loudly; Cori was crazy.

"There aren't really any good clubs in Long Beach. The only ones I know of are in Huntington." Cori smiled and jumped off the bed dramatically.

"Go get sexy." She demanded.

"You forget, I'm engaged." Drew reminded her, holding her hand up to show off the ring.

"Trust me, I've been trying to forget." She muttered as she walked over to her bag to find something to wear. Drew rolled her eyes, choosing to ignore her comment. "When is the last time you really let loose and partied?" Before I went to New York.

"I can't remember." She lied. Cori smirked and threw a dress at her. "I can't wear this. It's too small."

"Exactly. You'll look hot." Drew glared at her. "Will you relax? I know you're not always this uptight. Please?" Again, Cori was right. For the longest time, Drew had been completely serious and business oriented; That wasn't her. All work and no play makes Drew a dull girl and right now, Drew was as dull as dirt.

"Fine," She replied before going into the bathroom to change. The dress was a little short on her but it surprisingly fit everywhere else. Drew must have been so stressed and depressed that she had lost some weight. The dress clung to her every curve and made her cleavage appear bigger than usual. Drew smiled lightly and let her hair fall from the messy ponytail she had put it in. The natural waves of her hair cascaded down her shoulders. She put some bronzer over her pale cheeks and did a quick smoky eye, completing her look. Drew ran her hand through her hair only to notice the ring on her finger. She held her hand out to get a better look at it. The large diamond felt more like a pair of handcuffs than a token of love. Drew took the ring off, holding it in her hand. "One night of freedom wouldn't hurt." She muttered to herself before putting the ring down on the rim of the sink; Immediately she felt free. Drew looked in the mirror once more before walking back to Cori's room. She was adjusting the very short skirt on her hips when Drew walked in. "If you're going for the hell cat look, you got it nailed." Cori smirked and turned around. Her eyes widened at the sight of her friend.

"You're one to talk. You look amazing!" Drew smiled, pulling the dress down her legs. "The more you pull it down, the more your boobs show." She laughed. Drew scoffed, pulling the dress back up and deciding not to fight it anymore. Cori touched up her hair and make-up in the mirror as Drew put on some strappy black heels. "So, What club are we terrorizing tonight?"

"There's this club called, Pegasus. It's not the place I would usually go, but it'll work." Cori shook her head and turned around to lace up her boots.

"Where do you usually go? Where are Drew's old stomping grounds?" Cori laughed.

"This place called Johnny's Bar. It's not really a club but there's a dance floor and the atmosphere is good." Cori smiled, putting her hands on her toned hips.

"Lets go then!" Drew was hesitant to go there. That was also the stomping grounds for the guys. They would no doubt be there. Cori noticed her apprehension. "They'll be there, won't they?" Drew nodded shyly. "I'm not dressed for a bar anyway." She laughed. "Pegasus it is!" Drew smiled. She was so thankful that Cori was thoughtful enough to go to another club. "As long as I can drink and dance, that's all I need."

"Lets go get you drunk then." Drew laughed. They walked down to the living room to get their things when the doorbell rang. "Are you expecting anyone?" Drew asked.

"Yeah, Cause I'm so popular around these parts." Drew chuckled and walked to the door. She opened it, shocked to see who was on the other side.

"Alice," Drew gasped. Alice stood there sheepishly. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to apologize for being so cold to you yesterday." She sighed. Drew smiled softly.

"There's no need for you to apologize. I deserved it. I never meant to hurt you or anyone. I'm going to make it up to all of you somehow." Drew could tell that Alice was uncomfortable. She wasn't used to expressing her feelings like that. "Oh, please come in."

"I really should get going. you look as if I am keeping you from somewhere. I'm sorry." Drew laughed and pulled her into the house.

"Don't worry. We're not in any rush." Alice nodded and stood in the foyer with them. "Alice, This is my friend Cori. Cori, This is Alice." Cori smiled, walking over and hugging the timid girl.

"Drew has told me so much about you. I'm glad I get to meet the infamous Alice." Alice softly laughed.

"Infamous? I doubt that." Cori smiled and looked her over.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" Alice put her hands into her pockets.

"I was just going to go home." Cori smirked, looking over to Drew. Drew smiled and nodded in return.

"How would you like to join us?" Drew asked. "We've been cooped up here too long. We're going to Pegasus."

"Oh no, I couldn't. You two go. I'm not dressed to go to a club." Cori scoffed and grabbed Alice's arm.

"Please. Come on, Cinderella. Lets go get you ready for the ball." She laughed as she dragged Alice up into her room. Drew laughed and went to watch TV as she waited for Cori to finish Alice's makeover. She flipped through the channels, pausing on MTV. A show about pregnant teens was on. Drew laughed as she thought of her parents. If Drew had ever gotten pregnant as a teenager, lord knows she would have been dead and buried. Her mother would have rather had a dead daughter than let her reputation be ruined by a pregnant teenage daughter. Drew hadn't talked to her parents since the day she left California. There was no point in talking to them, nothing would change. "Drew!" Cori yelled from the foyer. Drew smiled and walked in, seeing her glowing friend.

"Where's Alice?" Cori smiled and looked at the stairs.

"Come on, little sex kitten." Drew snorted a laugh at Alice's 'nickname'. Drew looked to the stairs as Alice slowly, and awkwardly, walked down. The black mini dress she wore was a little big on her so the white belt around her waist held it together nicely. The heels she wore accented her legs nicely but she looked as if at any minute she would fall. "She looks hot, right?" Drew nodded enthusiastically.

"I feel like a whore." Alice muttered.

"You'll feel better once we get a few drinks in you." Drew laughed.

"Can I start drinking now, then?" Cori quickly sprinted off towards the kitchen, her heels clicking all the way. "How does she walk in these?" Alice asked looking to her shoes.

"Years of practice." Drew laughed before Cori came back with a drink in her hand. Alice smiled, thanked her for the poison and downed it in record time. "Wow, ready to get this party started?"

"I'm going to regret this, aren't I?" Alice asked worriedly. Cori smiled, putting her arms around the timid girls shoulder.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head. We'll take care of you." Alice looked to Drew for reassurance. Drew smiled, nodding her head. "Lets go before all the good songs are over."

"Songs can be replayed, Cori." Drew laughed as they walked out to her car.

"Well then lets start it off right." She smirked and turned on the stereo, My Darkest Days - Porn Star Dancing blasted through the car. Alice sat in the back, her hands clamped over her ears. As soon as Drew noticed, she turned it down. "Hey!" Cori whined.

"Some of us aren't as deaf as you are." Cori scoffed and continued to dance provocatively to the song. Drew shook her head, driving off towards the club. Drew was excited to let loose tonight. She had been so preoccupied with work and Evan that she had forgotten how to have a good time.

That was going to change tonight.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Go! Go! Go! Go!" The crowd chanted as Alice took a whiskey shot off an ice luge. It seemed she was going for a record, seeing as that shot had been her 10Th one of the night. The crowd erupted in cheers when she stood up from the end in victory. Alice wiped the extra alcohol away from her chin, grinning like a mad man. Drew and Cori watched her in amusement from the booth they claimed. It was a side of Alice that Drew had never seen before. She was usually timid, quiet, and completely focused on her work. The Alice before her now was sociable, flirty, wild, and down for about anything. The last bit was evident as she took a body shot off one of the go-go dancers.

"Who knew that all it took was an avalanche of alcohol to loosen up the little wall flower." Cori laughed as she sipped her drink. Drew was shocked to see Cori taking it easy. Cori acted like she wanted to get completely wasted but she had only had a few light drinks. Drew wasn't wasted, but she was drunk enough to forget all of her problems in the world.

"Why aren't you over there with her? That's your scene right there." Drew asked. Cori laughed, downing the rest of her drink.

"Someone is going to need to be sober enough to get us home." Drew giggled and drank more of her drink.

"I'm fine. I've been worse off than this and drove home." Cori rolled her eyes, watching as Alice danced sandwiched between two misplaced Jersey Shore wannabes. Drew sighed and leaned back against the seat. "Was it stupid for me to come back out here?" One downside to Drew getting drunk, she asked lots of questions.

"Not at all. Why do you think that?" Cori replied, ushering over the waitress. She ordered another drink for Drew and a water for herself.

"Brian hates me. His bitch of a...wife hates me. I don't care that she hates me. I hate her too. She doesn't deserve him." Drew muttered. She was also very honest when she had too much to drink. "Hell, they have broken up so many times because she cheated. She probably still cheats on him." Cori's attention perked up at the information.

"You really think she does?" Drew laughed and nodded.

"Once a cheater, always a cheater. Michelle likes Brian for his money and celebrity. At one point, maybe she did love him. I've known them for years though. Michelle first cheated on him when he was out on their first tour." Drew explained. "Her problem was that it was with a guy I had a huge crush on. We had a class together. One morning before class started, I saw them walking to the building together. She kissed him outside of the door and left. I was so hurt that I ran to the first person I could think of; Brian." Cori laughed lightly when she saw Alice jump up on the bar. "We got drunk and I spilled the beans. That night, Brian was single and I lost my virginity." Cori squealed loudly, shaking Drew out of her daydream. "What?" Cori held onto Drew's shoulders.

"You lost your virginity to Brian?!" Drew groaned, sobering up a bit, realizing she had once again said too much. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because it doesn't matter." She grumbled, putting her arms across her chest.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter? Of course it does! It explains everything!" Drew pushed her hands off her shoulders.

"It doesn't matter because he doesn't know it happened!" Drew yelled.

"What?" Drew shook her head and grabbed the drink off the table, knocking it back quickly. The Jack Daniels burned her throat, he took it as punishment for her loose tongue. "Drew..."

"He had just broken up with Michelle. So what would any guy do? Get drunk. When Brian gets drunk, he goes all out. So we got drunk together. It was the first time I really had hard liquor. Things got crazy and we had sex. It was the best thing in the world. I knew that I was really in love with him." She brought her hand up and wiped the tears away from her eyes. "The next morning, I realized how big of a mistake it was. I left before he woke up."

"Then how do you know that he doesn't remember it?" Cori was so pulled into the story now.

"He came to my dorm room the next day to complain more about Michelle. I told him that he had said it all the night before. He told me that he couldn't remember a thing. It killed me." Cori sighed, wrapping her arms tightly around her best friend.

"Maybe he did remember and didn't want to hurt your friendship." Cori offered, trying to make her feel better. Drew sighed and shook her head. "He didn't mean to hurt you, I know that."

"It's been all downhill from there." Drew sighed. "A few days later they were back together and then they stayed together. I was a drunken rebound fuck."

"Then you need a drunken rebound fuck." Cori laughed.

"I have Evan." Cori cringed at the sound of his name. "He's nothing compared to Brian. That's why I love him." Now Cori understood why she was with him. She couldn't have Brian, so she went for his polar opposite. Cori had to fix that.

"You want Brian, huh?" Drew rolled her eyes and shot her a 'duh' look. "Then lets get him."

"One little problem." Drew slurred, holding one finger up. "That little bitch of a wife."

"Then we have to break them up." Cori said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"If we tell him that she's cheating, it won't work. He'll forgive her like he always has. Besides, it's not like we're even on speaking terms right now." Cori smirked, sitting with her legs under her.

"That's why at the party tomorrow, you make amends." Drew scoffed, stealing another drink from the waitress walking by with a tray. "Once you two are friends again, then we begin our sabotage."

"What sabotage?"

"We're going to take down Michelle." Cori laughed.

"And how do you propose we do that?" Drew muttered, focusing on her drink.

"We get you and Brian close again. Then from the inside, we take away everything that Michelle loves. We make her believe that Brian has given up the band, meaning her money and fame meal ticket expires." Drew shook her head.

"Brian would never quit the band. Michelle knows that. It'll never work." Cori re-thought her plan. Sadly, her revision could end up hurting her best friend more.

"You need to get close to him, then." Drew glared at her. "I mean, really close."

"Do you not understand that I am in love with him? Don't you think that's going to kill me?" Drew yelled. People walking by stared at them oddly.

"Michelle will think that Brian is cheating on her with you. She can't stand you. Besides, cheaters hate getting a taste of their own medicine. The suspicion will drive her mad. Maybe even mad enough to admit that she's cheating on him." Cori's plan could actually work. If Michelle left Brian, he could be hers. Except for the fact that Brian would never love Drew.

"I don't want to get hurt again." Drew muttered. Cori sighed, wrapping her arms around her.

"I won't let you get hurt, ok?" Drew lucky that she was drunk, otherwise she would have never agreed to this crazy plan. Drew smiled lightly and nodded.

"Only cause I want to watch this bitch burn." Cori laughed, grabbing two shots. She handed one to Drew and and held up her own.

"To watching the bitch burn!" The girls said in unison before drinking the shots.

"Is this yours?" A bouncer asked when he walked up to the table. In his arms was a passed out Alice. Yet on her face she had a smile permanently etched. The girls laughed and nodded. "I suggest you take her home." They nodded and got out of the booth.

"Would you mind carrying her out to our car for us?" Cori asked. The man laughed and agreed. Cori smiled and turned to Drew. "I'd say tonight was a success."

"Tomorrow the real work begins." She smirked as they walked out of the club.

Hope you can handle the heat, Michelle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long. I thought we could use some fun in this one. Yes, it's a little depressing in the middle, but hey...Gotta keep the story going.

Enjoy!