Status: Active

Burn

Another perspective

"Are they ever coming back down?" Zacky asked as he sat on top of Johnny. He had tried to beat Zacky up, again.

"They said that they would be right down." Brian replied as he relaxed on the couch. His vision was a little blurry from all the alcohol but his memory was fine. Drew saying that he had seen her naked before was swimming in his head. When had he seen her naked? He would have to remember something as beautiful as that. Ever since Drew had come back, the feelings for her that he had hidden away were resurfacing. He was mad that he was feeling this way again. Drew hurt him before and he wasn't about to let that happen again. Brian sighed and stood up, walking out of the living room. He tried to make his way to the door unnoticed; too late.

"Where are you going?" Drew asked as she walked down the stairs. Brian froze, his hand on the doorknob.

"I have to get home. Gotta take care of Pinkly." He lied. He did probably have to let the fluffy dog out, but she could have waited. Drew smiled that smile that warmed his heart as she walked towards him.

"Brian, You're drunk. How are you going to get home?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Brian couldn't help but look to her chest for a moment before he quickly looked away.

"I'll walk." He muttered.

"We're in Long Beach. It's pretty far from your house." She laughed.

"Then I'll catch a cab!" He groaned. Drew looked shocked. Brian sighed, opening the door. "I'll see you later." He muttered as he walked out. He didn't want to leave like that, but he had to get away from her. With the state he was in, he didn't know what would have happened.

Brian walked out to the main street and hailed a cab. It didn't take long for one to pick him up. He told the driver where to go; he didn't care how much it cost. When Drew left, Brian was heartbroken. When he got to Mexico and saw how beautiful the resort was, he could only imagine being there with Drew. After Alice had told them that Drew wasn't going to be there, Brian lost it. He felt like he had his heart ripped out of his chest. Leaving Drew behind at the airport made him never want to leave her again. Brian was going to cancel the wedding and confess to Drew that he loved her. He took her leaving as a sign that they were never meant to be together. Now he was married to Michelle and Drew was back. He couldn't let his feelings come back. Drew was different now; His Drew was gone.

The cab pulled up to Brian's house not long later. Brian gave him the money and walked up to his house. He would hear Pinkly barking from behind the door. He smiled when he opened the door and the little white dog began scratching at his legs excitedly. Brian bent down and picked up his fluffy child, getting bombarded with kisses. Brian laughed and went to let her out in the backyard. He stood at the screen door watching Pinkly prance around in the grass. Brian smiled as he imagined one day standing there and seeing his kids running around. His phone began ringing, distracting him from his daydream. He groaned at who was calling him. It didn't make his mood any better. He seriously considered not answering but he knew it would only cause him more problems.

"Hey, 'Chelle." Brian answered reluctantly.

"Hi baby!" She replied cheerfully. Brian rolled his eyes and laid down on the couch.

"How's New York?" He asked even though he didn't really care.

"It's amazing. The ball dropping last night was incredible. So many people. There were even some who knew me!" She gushed. Brian sighed, tuning her out as she rambled on about her time out there. The only thing that he was honestly worried about was his bank account. There was no doubt in his mind that he was down a few thousand dollars. "Honey, I bought the most amazing coat. The fur is so soft."

"What the hell are you going to do with a fur coat out in California?" Brian groaned.

"It's freezing out here. I needed it or else I would have frozen to death." Michelle reasoned. Brian rolled his eyes, putting his arm across them.

"Then you can return it before you come back. You don't need it out here." Michelle gasped and Brian braced himself for the fight.

"There is no way I am taking it back." She snapped. "First of all, I can't take it back. There is a no return policy on credit card purchases."

"How much was it?" Brian asked.

"Second, if I return it now, I'll die. You don't want me dying do you?" The thought did cross his mind.

"How much was the coat, Michelle?" He asked again, more forceful as he sat up.

"Most of all, I love it! It's so soft, warm, and beautiful! Val says that it looks amazing on me." She smiled, ignoring his question again. Brian fumed.

"God fucking damn it! How much of my money did you spend on the fucking coat?!" He yelled. She was silent for a moment, pissing him off more. "Well?!"

"It was only $2500. I got it on sale." She muttered quietly. Brian clenched his fists tightly. "It got $100 off since I bought some other things."

"What other things?" He asked through clenched teeth. Michelle sighed lightly before answering.

"Just some shoes, a purse, a necklace, and a ring." Michelle was lucky that she wasn't at home, because otherwise she'd be dead.

"How much of my money did you fucking spend?" He seethed.

"Uh, Honey. I have to go. Val and I are going to Central Park with a friend." She quickly replied. "I love you! See you tomorrow!"

"Don't you fucking hang up! Michelle!" Brian yelled, but it was too late. Brian screamed and chucked his phone against the wall; smashing it into pieces. He then got up and stormed into his study over to his laptop. He saw red as he pulled up his online banking. Michelle had managed to spend $12,000 in just the weekend that she was gone. Brian never thought of killing his wife before, but now he was trying to decide what kind of flowers would be on top of her casket.

How did he get himself into this? Was he with Michelle because he loved her or was he scared of being alone? He'd been with Michelle for so long that he had gotten comfortable. Brian regretted marrying her. He felt like he owed it to her since they had been together for so long. Maybe he married her to run away from his feelings for Drew. She was everything a man could wish for. Drew was beautiful, smart, funny, caring, crazy, and perfect. He knew that she didn't feel the same way the he did, so he proposed to Michelle. Brian opened the drawer in the desk and pulled out his favorite picture of Drew and him. The way he was holding her and how he was looking at her; he could only wish that he would someday be like that with her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but important.
Some people wanted to have a chapter from Brian's perspective so I thought, why not?

Enjoy!