Status: Active

Burn

Odd Dreams

"Baby, I'm home!" Drew called out as she walked in the front door. She sighed as she took off her heels and hung up her jacket. "Honey?" She called, walking into the living room.

"Downstairs!" He called to her. Drew smiled as she walked down the stairs. When she turned the corner, he was left speechless. Brian was standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by candles and a mix of white and dark purple calla Lilly's; her favorite flowers. "Surprise." Drew slowly walked towards him, taking in everything. Brian took her hands into his as he pulled her close to him.

"What is all this?" Drew softly asked looking into his eyes.

"I know that after everything that happened in the past, this kind of thing isn't really our strong suit; But I want more with you. I love you more than anything. So, Marry me." Brian smiled, holding up a very simple engagement ring. Drew smiled and hugged Brian as tightly as she could. "Well, is that a yes?" She quickly nodded and watched as he slipped the ring onto her finger. As soon as it was on completely, hands grabbed hold of her. She looked to Brian desperately, seeing him drifting away from her.

"Brian! Brian, wait!" She called as the hands pulled her farther and farther away from him. Once he was out of sight she was thrown into a chair and surrounded by people. "What the hell is going on? Where is Brian?!"

"Drew Calvin?" One of the dark figures asked.

"Uh, yes...?" She hesitantly replied. They all smiled slowly. The person who had asked her name snapped her fingers. Suddenly they all pounced on her. Drew screamed as millions of questions were thrown at her. 'What kind of flowers?' 'How many people?' 'White or ivory?' 'Chicken or fish?' Drew looked past all the people and saw Brian standing off in the distance. "Brian! Help!" She cried.

"Why would he help you?" A cold voice asked. Drew's heart sunk to the pit of her stomach as she watched Michelle appear next to Brian, wrapping her arms around him. Drew shook her head in disbelief. "He's already married." She laughed. Drew quickly looked down to her hand to see the ring that Evan had given her. She looked back to Brian, seeing him walk off with Michelle.

"Brian, No!" She screamed. He didn't turn back to her; only Michelle did with a victorious smile plastered on her fake face. "Brian!"

"You don't need him," An all too familiar voice whispered into her ear. Drew turned around to see that she was in Evan's arms. "You have me."

Drew screamed as she sat up in her bed. Her body shaking while she took in her safe surroundings. She looked down to her hand to see Evan's engagement ring. She knew that it had been big before, now it looked like it had grown 10 times as big. Even if Drew had taken most of the diamonds off, it still wouldn't have been as beautiful and simple as the one Brian had given to her in the dream/nightmare. Drew groaned and threw herself back down onto the pillows. Maybe if she could fall back to sleep, she could dream of Brian again.

However, that was cut short by the shrill sound of her phone ringing. Drew squinted her eyes towards the clock, hazily making out that it was roughly 4:30 in the morning. Who the hell would call her at this hour of the morning? She felt the space next to her, trying to find the phone. Once she found it, she didn't bother looking at the caller ID. Drew didn't have her contacts in and her glasses were too far away to bother getting up for. "Hello?" She groggily answered.

"Oh, Honey. Please tell me that you're only waking up now." Her mother complained over the line. "Rise and shine, baby doll! The early bird gets the worm." Laura's southern voice twanged. Drew groaned throwing an arm over her eyes out of habit. Whenever her mother would say that, it reminded her of when she would wake Drew up for school in the mornings. The bright morning sun would find Drew, even now when the sun had no intention of shining for a few hours; Drew could feel the burning of her eyes.

"Mama, I'm in California. It's 4:30 in the morning." The sound of her mother scoff made Drew pull her covers over her head.

"What are you doing in California?" She asked, yet obviously pre-occupied with something else.

"Ran away with a drug dealer, got married, pregnant with twins." Drew mumbled out the blatant lie. Laura rolled her eyes, annoyed at her daughter. "A really good friend of mine, died." Drew sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh honey! I am so sorry! Are you alright?" She asked, genuinely sounding concerned.

"I'll be alright. Cori is here with me. She's been great."

"That's good. I'm glad you have a friend in this rough time." Drew sat up in the bed, figuring that she wouldn't be going back to sleep any time soon.

"I'm actually back with all my friends that I left behind." She smiled.

"Fantastic! The more the merrier!" Her mother replied cheerfully.

"The more the merrier for what, mama?" Drew cautiously asked.

"Well, I am hurt that you actually forgot." Laura sighed. Drew groaned, putting her head in her hands. "Your father and I have been married for 30 years next Saturday. We're throwing a giant anniversary party. You have to be there. Bring your friends."

"Mom, I can't just force them to come with me. Besides, I don't think they'll fit in with your friends." She laughed thinking of the guys in a room full of her mother's southern aristocrat friends. Tattoo's were not something that was accepted down there.

"Nonsense. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine." Drew rolled her eyes. She was only saying that because she was nice. The last time Drew brought her friends over, her mother stalked behind them to make sure they didn't steal anything. "Please come, Drew. We haven't seen you in so long." It had been a long time since She had been home. She missed her parents a lot. It didn't matter that her parents disapproved of her moving so far away. It was time to put it all behind them.

"Alright Mama. I'll be there." She smiled. Laura squealed happily, making drew laughed. "I'll bring Cori with me. You'll love her Mama. She's great."

"Oh I'm so excited! I'll have everything ready for you. You'll come a few days early so we can catch up before the party, right?" Drew couldn't say no. Her mother sounded so happy and Drew didn't have the heart not to give her whatever she wanted.

"Yes, Mama. I'll come early." Another happy mother squeal.

"Wonderful! I must be going to prepare. I will see you tomorrow!" Drew froze.

"Wait, tomorrow? What are you talking about?" She nervously asked.

"I told you that the party was this Saturday. What did you think I meant?" Drew groaned and got out of her bed. Her mother always pulled things like this. It was her sure fire way of getting Drew to do what she wanted.

"Mama, You just said next Saturday, not this Saturday." Drew complained as she threw on a pair of shorts.

"There's a difference?" Her mother knew there was a difference. She complained whenever someone else pulled that trick on her; but when she did it, it was fine.

"Mama, How am I supposed to get my friends together to come out by tomorrow? It's impossible." Her mother gasped loudly.

"Drew Elizabeth Calvin! The word impossible is not in your vocabulary!" She scolded. "You can do anything. Now I really have to go. See you tomorrow honey. I love you!" Drew sighed as her mother hung up.

"Love you too, Mama." She grumbled as she put on her running shoes. If she wasn't going back to sleep, she might as well go on a run to clear her head.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

The curve of her body, how it felt hot under hi fingertips. His eager hands roamed every inch of her as she writhed pleasurable under him. He'd been waiting so long for this that he wanted to take his time with her. His lips moved slowly against the soft skin of her neck. The sounds of her moans were sweeter than any guitar riff he could ever play. He smiled as he looked deep into her eyes. He couldn't believe that he had hidden his feelings from her for so long. She was all he would ever want or need. "I love you," He whispered to her as he held her body tightly against him.

"Oh baby, I love you too." He quickly pulled away from her, horror in his eyes. "Bri, What is it?" He shook his head as he backed away from her. How could it be? It was her body; but her voice was not her own. "Baby, Come back to me." She pleaded. Slowly her body began changing to match the voice.

"No!" He screamed as he grabbed her, trying to bring her back. His hands felt cold as she completely changed to the woman he was all too familiar with.

"We belong together," She smirked, reaching for him.

Brian shot up in the bed, panting and sweating heavily. He looked next to him to see Michelle sleeping peacefully. She groaned, running his hand through his messy bedhead. The dream had felt so real. The softness of her skin, the sound of her moans, and the look in her eyes that sent him reeling. Maybe it was his conscious way of getting back at him for being so cold to her yesterday. All he had to do was pick Michelle up from the airport. Michelle turned in her sleep, facing him. Brian couldn't look at her. He was still mad at her for spending all the money that she did in New York. They had had a big fight about it on their way home last night.

Brian got out of bed and pulled on a t-shirt and shorts. Even if it was only 5 in the morning, he knew sleep was out of the question. He walked down into the living room where Pinkly was passed out on the couch. He smiled as he walked over to her. "Morning girl," Pinkly looked up at him through tired eyes. He chuckled lightly, taking the bow out of her hair. "There, that's better. Right?" Pinkly slowly blinked at him. Brian shook his head and walked over to the sliding glass door. "This is why fans think you hate your life." Pinkly simply ignored him and fell asleep. Brian walked outside, down to the ocean. The sun was slowly rising behind him and the ocean was still dark. It was still and quiet. Even though he rarely saw this time of day, it was by far his favorite. There was never any drama at this time of day. Brian sat down on the sand, putting his feet up against the shoreline so the water would only get his feet wet. He watched the water come up and down over the sand. Usually he would be peaceful and deep in thought. Today, There was a voice in his head telling him to drive away; not anywhere specific, just to go.

Brian, being the impulsive man that he is, got up and walked around to the garage. He smirked as he opened up the door seeing his chopper staring back at him. Perfect. He walked up to it, running his hand down the length of it. Michelle hated when he rode the bike. Brian smiled as he turned on the bike, it roaring to life. It felt as if he had roared to life as well. Brian hopped on the bike, revving the engine before he pulled out of the garage and onto the street. The wind rushing around him made him feel like he was flying; the freedom he longed for. Brian smirked as he weaved in and out of traffic along the coast line. If there was any way to clear his head, it was this.

Just as he got into Long Beach, Brian saw an angel jogging ahead of him. He slowed down and watched her run. She had become even more beautiful than she was before, if that was even possible. Brian sped up, coasting along side her. "Headed my way?" He yelled so she could hear him over the bike engine and her iPod. Drew looked over and smiled at him. She pulled the headphones out and slowed down. Brian pulled the bike over to the shoulder and watched as she walked towards him.

"What are you doing out here so early?" Drew asked.

"Couldn't sleep. It decided to take a ride. What are you doing out here?" Drew sighed and adjusted her ponytail.

"My mother called me. She still thought I was in New York. Besides, once you talk to her, sleep just doesn't happen." Brian laughed lightly. Drew had told him many stories of her mother. Typical southern socialite.

"Need a ride home?" Brian asked, holding out his helmet to her.

"I don't know. What would your wife say?" Drew smirked. Brian rolled his eyes and handed her the helmet.

"She'd say that I should be sleeping right now. Obviously that's not happening, so lets go." Drew smiled and put the helmet on before getting on the bike behind Brian. His heart dropped a bit when she put her hands up on his shoulders instead of around his waist, but he quickly got over it and pulled back onto the road. "So what did your mom want?" Drew sighed behind him.

"My parents 30Th wedding anniversary is on Saturday. I'm being forced to go." Brian nodded his head.

"It's been a while since you've seen them, right?" Brian asked as he turned down her street.

"Well, yeah. There is a couple reason for that though." He knew that Drew and her parents didn't always see eye to eye. Her mother wasn't the problem, it was her dad. He wanted Drew to stay home under his watch 24-7. That wasn't Drew. She was a free spirit who couldn't be tied to one place for very long. "She wants me to come out there tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" He asked as he pulled into her driveway. Drew took off his helmet and handed it back to him. "Why so soon?" He asked as he helped her off the bike.

"Because she's crazy like that." She replied, crossing her arms over her chest. Brian got off the bike and put his hand on her shoulder. Drew shrugged it off lightly, looking between him and the house. "Thanks for the ride," Brian laughed, leaning against the bike.

"What? I bring you home and you're just going to leave me hanging?" He watched as a light blush rose across her cheeks. She slowly looked up at him through the stray pieces of hair that had fallen from her ponytail.

"Want to come in for breakfast?" She asked quietly.

"Have I ever been one to turn down food?" Drew laughed and nodded before turning to walk in the house. Brian followed slowly behind her, watching as she took her shoes off.

"I'm going to shower first. You can watch TV or whatever you'd like. I'll come down and make breakfast when I'm done." Brian nodded and watched her quickly bound up the stairs. He thought it was so cute how he could make her blush. He'd always been able to do it, he just didn't realize how much he like it. Brian walked into the living room and was about to sit down when he got an idea.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Drew got out of the shower, calming herself down from how Brian was making her feel. Ever since he had pulled up to her on the road, all she could think about was her dream. She tried to act as normal as possible. She was happy to have the vibration of the bike to hide the shaking of her hands. The way he smiled at her made her blood rush straight to her cheeks; just like it used to. Drew put on her clothes right before Cori burst into her room. "Cori! Don't you know how to knock?" Drew asked.

"There's someone downstairs!" She freaked. Drew rolled her eyes.

"Chill out, it's just Brian." She replied as she ran a towel over her wet hair.

"What is he doing here?" Cori asked, jumping onto her bed. Drew then quickly relayed the story of her eventful morning, purposefully leaving out the part about the dream. "We're going to North Carolina?"

"I'm at least going. I can't ask everyone to suddenly drop everything just to go to my parents party. They don't even know them." She replied. Cori smiled excitedly. "What?"

"Invite Brian to go!" Drew's eyes widened and her stomach flopped.

"No way!" She exclaimed, running her brush through her hair nervously. Cori groaned, crawling closer to her.

"Come on! This is perfect for the plan!" Drew rolled her eyes. She was so sick of hearing about the plan. It was dumb and never going to work. "He'll go on the trip with us,"

"Us?" Drew asked with a small smile.

"Well obviously I'm coming with you." Drew laughed, going back to brushing. "Anyway, he'll come on the trip, leaving Michelle behind to think that its a lie to get away with you."

"She knows that he's not interested in me." Cori shook her head.

"But he is," Cori insisted.

"Not." Drew stubbornly replied. Cori sighed, giving her a knowing look.

"Drew, it's 7am and Brian is downstairs in the kitchen. Tell me that he's not interested in you." Drew put down the brush and looked to her.

"He's in the kitchen?" She asked hesitantly.

"Is he not supposed to be?" Drew walked swiftly out of the room and down the stairs. Cori followed behind, smiling cheerfully. Drew walked through the living room to see that Brian had laid out a full breakfast spread. Drew couldn't help but smile. Seeing Brian in the kitchen so early in the morning felt right.

"What's all this?" Drew smiled. Brian jumped, obviously not expecting her. He smiled, putting some eggs on a plate.

"Sorry, I got hungry. So I thought, why not make breakfast for all of you?" Drew's smile only widened as she walked over.

"You didn't have to cook. I could have done it." Brian shook his head.

"Who knew that rock stars could cook?" Cori laughed, sitting at the breakfast bar.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me." Cori laughed and winked at him. She looked to Drew, motioning for her to ask him. Drew shook her head no as she sat down next to her.

"Come on, eat Drew. Gotta be ready for all the packing we have to do." Cori smirked. Drew glared at her, knowing what she was doing.

"Oh, Are you going with her?" Brian asked while making a plate for himself. Drew kicked Cori's leg discretely under the bar.

"Yeah, We're all going. She's going to ask everyone to go. Right, Drew?" If looks could kill, Cori would be burning in the fiery pits of hell by now. Drew then looked to Brian who was giving her an expectant look. Drew sighed, twirling a piece of hair around her finger.

"I can't ask you guys to drop everything to go to some dumb party." She told him. Brian smiled and bit into some bacon.

"I'll go." Cori smirked and stood up.

"I'm going to go wake up Skylar to come eat this great food." Drew glared at her while she practically skipped out of the room. Brian walked out of the kitchen and around to occupy the seat Cori was in.

"You weren't going to ask me." Drew looked away from him, ashamed.

"I can't ask you to suddenly go to North Carolina with me. You probably have lots to do with the band. Michelle just got back," Brian sighed, looking down to his tattooed hands.

"I'd like to go, if you'll let me." Drew noticed a certain sadness in him.

"Why?"

"I think it's a good excuse to get away for a while." Drew looked at him sadly. "With everything with Jimmy and then Michelle...I need to get away." When he mentioned Michelle, her interest peaked.

"Are you and Michelle alright?" Brian hesitantly nodded.

"I just need some time away." Drew smiled. "So, is it alright if I go with you guys?" She couldn't say no to him. She wasn't in for him going only to further the plan; she could care less about that. He was her friend in need and she wanted to help in any way that she could. Drew smiled, brushing hair over one shoulder.

"Alright, but you're going to regret going. That's a promise." She laughed. Brian laughed and hugged her tightly.

"Thanks," He smiled, pulling away. "Now, Eat." He demanded. Drew laughed, getting a plate of food. If she wasn't nervous about going to see her parents, she was now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a long one cause I'm a fail and have been leaving you hanging on this. I'm sorry!

Enjoy!