Status: Active

Burn

Through the eyes of evil

Cold sheets and no feeling of the bed weighed down. That's how Michelle knew that Brian was gone when she woke up. She turned over towards his side of the bed, confirming her suspicions. She looked to the clock, 9am. Where could he have gone? Michelle stretched in the bed ad pulled down her lace nightgown. Her attempts at seducing her husband last night didn't work as well as she had hoped. Brian was still caught up on how much of their money that she had spent on her weekend in New York. She didn't see what the big deal was. Things were expensive in New York.

Michelle got out of the bed, threw on her silk robe and walked out of the room in search of Brian. She figured he was either watching TV or downstairs in his practice studio. As she walked down the steps, she couldn't hear the sound of the TV. When she walked passed the living room all she could see was Pinkly laying on the couch. Michelle rolled her eyes when she noticed that Brian had taken the bow out of her hair; again. She opened the door to the basement, but didn't hear anything. Where could he have gone?

The rumble of the garage door opening caught her attention. She rushed up the stairs towards the door right as Brian walked in. She glared at him, hands on her hips. He froze, caught red handed. "Uh...Hi." He replied.

"Where have you been?" She asked, cutting to the chase. Brian rolled his eyes and walked into the living room. "Brian, Answer me!"

"I couldn't sleep so I went for a ride, that's it. Calm down." She was far from calm. Seeing him sitting on the couch, petting the dog, like nothing had happened was really pissing her off.

"When did you leave?" Brian looked over his shoulder at the clock on the wall.

"6:30ish?" He had been gone for 3 hours and she had no idea. "Why are you so mad? I let you sleep. I just went out for a ride."

"A ride?" Brian flinched at the tone of her voice. "You mean on that damned motorcycle?" Brian sighed, running his hands down his face. "You know I don't like when you ride that stupid thing." She complained. Ever since he first got it, she hated it.

"That's why I have it! To ride it! What would you rather have me do?"

"Sell it, destroy it, I don't care. No more riding it. That thing is dangerous." Brian scoffed, standing up and walking away. He couldn't get away from her that easily. "Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" She yelled as she followed behind him.

"I'm walking away cause you're yelling at me!" He yelled, walking into his study. "I'm not getting rid of the bike. It's not dangerous, so you can shut the hell up." Michelle gasped. How dare he talk to her that way?

"What has gotten into you, Brian?" She asked, tears coming to her eyes. Brian rolled his eyes, opening up his laptop.

"You're getting all upset over nothing." He replied, typing away. Michelle took a deep breath and calmed down. Brian was right, She was over-reacting. She crossed her arms around her.

"You're right baby. I'm sorry." She sighed, walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his muscular shoulders. "What are you doing?"

"Buying tickets to North Carolina." Michelle looked and saw that he was buying four tickets.

"Who's going with us?" She asked, moving to sit on his lap. Brian groaned lightly. "What?"

"You're not going." He told her. Michelle was confused but only thought of it as a band trip.

"Alright. How long are you and the guys going to be gone?" Brian pushed Michelle up from his lap and looked back to the computer. "What now?"

"The guys aren't going either." Now she was beyond confused. On the computer, he was buying four tickets. If she wasn't going and the guys weren't going, then who was? "Drew invited me to her parents anniversary party this weekend." He admitted quietly. The blood in her veins boiled, her vision blurred and her heart was about to beat out of her chest.

"Have you lost your mind?!" She screamed. Brian flinched, keeping his gaze away from her. "Why the hell would you go anywhere with her?!"

"Because she's my friend and she asked me to go." Michelle couldn't stand Drew. She had wanted Brian for herself for as long as they had been together. Even though, admittedly, Michelle had not been completely faithful in the past, Drew was always the one to rat her out. Drew was also the person Brian would run to. Brian had always been faithful, but Drew would be the first that could ever change it. Michelle only had Drew plan their wedding to rub it in her face that she was getting Brian forever. When she left at the wedding, it truly was the best day of her life. She had won. The ring on her finger was her trophy. "I'll only be gone a few days," He sighed.

"There is no way in hell that I am going to let you go with Drew to her parents party as her date! You are married, remember?" She scolded, pushing the ring into his face.

"I'm not going as her date! She needs someone there to keep her sane from her parents." He replied, finishing up on the computer and standing up. "You know how that is." He muttered as he walked out of the room. Michelle gasped, following him out of the room.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" She screeched. Brian didn't turn around walking into their bedroom. "Don't you dare insult my family like that! Yours is no picnic either."

"Just because you have no sense of humor for my dad's jokes, doesn't mean that they're as bad as yours." He mumbled, pulling out his suitcase to start packing. Michelle's eyes filled with tears. Ever since Jimmy had died and Drew had come back into their lives, Brian was a different person. He wasn't as romantic as he had once been, always down in his practice studio, and closed off to her. Obviously, Brian and Drew had rekindled their friendship and Michelle hated it. The year and a half they had been married was amazing. He hated Drew as much as she did and they were closer than ever. Michelle knew that Drew was the brick wall that had been between them. With that wall gone, they could be happy. Now that the wall was slowly rebuilding, Brian was moving further behind it than before. It broke her heart. She loved Brian more than anything; to lose him would kill her.

"Please don't go," She quietly begged through her tears. Brian looked up from his suitcase at her, a sad smile gracing his face. He walked across the room, gathering her into his arms. Michelle clutched onto his shirt, crying into his tanned chest.

"It's only a few days. Nothing will happen. Trust me." He whispered. As much as Michelle didn't want to, she trusted him. It was Drew that she didn't trust. She didn't trust her so much that she was going to be forced to do something she never wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise! A small chapter, but I felt it kind of necessary.
Enjoy!