Status: Active

Burn

Speak of the Devil

"Drew, It's 7. I'm gonna head home. Ok?" Alice asked appearing in Drew's doorway. Drew looked up from her computer after 6 straight hours of doing work for Brian's wedding catastrophe.

"Yeah go ahead. I'll be here for a while." She replied, rubbing her eyes from under her glasses.

"You really should go home. You're over working yourself." Alice suggested. Drew groaned running her hands through her long blonde hair. She needed it cut. She liked to keep it neat but during the winter months she simply didn't bother.

"I have a lot to do in a month. I can't just stop." She tiredly replied. Alice folded her arms across her chest leaning against the door frame.

"Alright, think about it this way; Everyone else has gone home. If you try to email or call them for anything, they won't get back to you." Drew sighed knowing she was right. She was ready for the day to be over anyway.

"Fine. I'll go." Alice smiled, walking over and handing her the coat. Drew laughed as she took it and put it over her shoulders. "Eager for me to leave, huh?"

"The sooner you get home, the sooner you sleep. The sooner you sleep, the sooner you can come back tomorrow." Alice replied practically pushing Drew out of the office. Drew laughed, pulling her keys out of her purse.

"Alice, tomorrow is Saturday. We don't work weekends in the office." Drew reminded her assistant. Alice scoffed a laugh as she locked up the office.

"You really think that you're not going to come back in to do more work on Michelle's wedding? Come on Drew, I know you better than that." Drew rolled her eyes, knowing that she was again right. "Go home. Get some sleep. It'll make you feel better about this whole disaster." Alice gently told her as she got into her car.

"The only way I will feel better about this is if Michelle changes her mind back to the original plan." Drew muttered, closing the door. Alice smiled and waved as she walked towards her car to go home. Drew turned on her car. Papa Roach instantly resumed from earlier. She took the CD out and replaced it with Brian's CD. Brian's blistering guitar riffs flooded out of the speakers and into her ears, bringing her a relieved smile to her face. Michelle could be pissing her off but she had to remember that it was Brian's wedding too. As much as she didn't want it, her friend was happy. That's all she ever wanted; Brian's happiness. As soon as she turned onto the highway to go home her phone started belting out said best friend's ring tone. "Speak of the devil," Drew chuckled before answering. "Were your ears burning?" She asked, a smile gracing her face.

"Aw, were you thinking about me again?" He chuckled. Drew bit down on her lip.

"I'm listening to your CD, ego man." She told him; not revealing that she was actually thinking about him.

"Ah, Gotcha." He laughed. "You off work yet?"

"Just got on the highway to go home. Why?"

"Turn around and come drinking with me and the guys." He ordered. Drew held back a laugh knowing he only wanted her there to be his designated driver. Brian knew that she didn't drink the night before she had to meet with clients.

"I don't feel like being DD tonight." She told him.

"Who said you had to be tonight?" He asked, slightly confused. Drew rolled her eyes as he forgot what it meant.

"Brian, What is today?" She asked, beginning to walk him through it.

"Uhh...Friday." He replied after some thought.

"Very good Brian!" Drew mocked. "Now, what day comes after Friday?" Drew could practically see him roll his eyes before he answered.

"Saturday." Drew smiled lightly having fun with this game.

"You are passing with flying colors Mr. Haner. One more question. What does Drew do on Saturday's?" She heard him sigh.

"Can't you just ditch those brides for one day? All the guys want to hang out." He replied, tired of her childish game.

"Then go! Last time I checked I wasn't one of the guys." She groaned, putting her phone into the holster and putting it on speakerphone.

"You practically are." Wrong answer.

"Brian!" She gasped. "I may hang out with all you guys, but that doesn't make me one. If I don't want to drink myself into oblivion like you, then i don't have to!" She exclaimed. She heard him sigh over the line. "What? What are you fucking sighing over?"

"Clearly tonight is not a good night for you. Call me later when you've calmed down." He told her before hanging up. Drew screamed taking her phone and chucking it into the backseat. The man infuriated her. He knew just how to push her buttons. It was times like these where she questioned her feelings for him. How could she love someone who pissed her off, called her a guy, had complete control over her, and simply made her question her actions? One smile from him and she knew why. She loved him.

Drew pulled up to her house about half an hour later. Her business was located in Huntington Beach but her home was in Long Beach. She had moved to Long Beach when she realized that her feelings for Brian were stronger than she thought. Drew was a runner. Whenever things got out of her control too much, she would cut ties and run. It seemed to be the best option for her. She walked into her house, hanging up her coat and purse on the coat hanger before taking off her heels. She instantly walked up to her room to get out of her work clothes. She changed into a paid of Brian's pajama pants that he had left when he and Michelle had a fight and he crashed at her place. She didn't want to tell him that he had left them; she liked them. She changed into a white tank top and pulled her hair into a messy ponytail. Once she had taken off all of her makeup, she walked down to the kitchen to make some popcorn. She didn't really eat dinner if she got home after 7pm. She would usually just pop some popcorn and watch TV until she passed out. Once she had her popcorn and a nice glass of wine she walked up to her room and got comfortable. Drew sighed as she flipped through TV channels, landing on Bridezilla's. She adored that show. It showed her why she was a wedding planner. These girls were planning a whole wedding by themselves. Wedding planning was stressful. Drew's job was to take the stress off Brides and make their wedding day a happy one like it was supposed to be.

"If this cake doesn't turn out like I want it, I will hang this woman, drag her body to our wedding and we'll eat her." One Bridezilla growled with a sadistic smile gracing her overly tanned face. Drew's eyes widened.

"Holy shit." She gasped. Drew continued to watch the bride wax her fiance's eyebrows and neck, have her fiance glue hundreds of crystals to her heels and call her sister 'fat thighs'. "I want to kill this bitch!" Drew laughed. "She may even be worse than Michelle," For a moment, Drew thought about her statement. "Nah..." She laughed. She went back to watching the show until she heard a banging coming from downstairs. She shot straight up in the bed, staring at her closed door while listening for more sounds. Soon she heard footsteps walking up the stairs. Drew quickly fumbled out of her bed and into her closet where her baseball bat was. Zacky had given it to her when she moved into the house for protection. She was also thankful for the batting lessons he gave her. The doorknob of the bedroom door rattled as she stood back, bat perched over her shoulder. The door finally flew open to reveal Brian stumbling in. Drew gasped, dropping the bat and placing her hands over her rapidly beating heart. "Jesus fuck, Brian!" Drew groaned. Brian laughed lightly and turned on the light causing Drew to squint. "What the hell are you doing here?" She asked. Brian held out his arms widely.

"Can't I come visit my best friend?" He chuckled. Drew groaned folding her arms across her chest.

"Brian, It's..." She looked to the clock to see that it was 1am. She had to do a double take. Was it really that late? How did that happen? "It's 1am! Why do you have to visit me now?"

"Because you wouldn't come hang out with me tonight and I missed you." He smiled walking over and wrapping his arms around her. Drew scoffed as she smelled the alcohol radiating off him.

"Brian, you're wasted." She said as she pushed him from her. "How did you get here?"

"I drove," He said as if it were the most obvious answer. Drew's eyes practically popped out of her head.

"You drank and drove? Brian! Do you realize how dangerous that is?" She scolded, hitting his chest.

"Hey! I got here alive didn't I?" Drew rolled her eyes and went over to her phone.

"I'm calling Matt to come pick you up." She said dialing Matt's number. Brian came up behind her, wrapping one arm around her waist and hanging up the phone with the other.

"Don't do that." He whispered into her neck, mimicking the position they were in earlier that morning. Drew's breath hitched in her throat as she felt his warm fingers slide under the bottom of her tank top and dance over her flat stomach.

"What a-are you d-doing?" She stuttered out. Brian's nose made circles on her neck. The cool sensation of his nose ring caused shivers to shoot up her spine. "B-Brian?"

"These are my pants." He mumbled against her neck. Drew's eyes closed blissfully feeling his lips graze across her heated skin as he spoke.

"You left them here." She told him breathlessly. She felt his lips turn to a smirk.

"They look better on you." He told her. Drew's head was swimming while his fingers continued to dance across her toned torso. "You know what would look better though?" He asked, his fingers dipping under the rim of the plaid sweatpants.

"W-What?" She anxiously asked. He quickly spun her around in her arms. Drew stared into his lust clouded eyes with her wide ones. He pushed her closer against his body. Her body heat and his collided magically. Brian wrapped one arm tightly around her waist while his other hand lightly gripped hold of the bottoms. In an instant, Brian picked Drew up, pulling off the pants in the same motion. She gasped wrapping her arms and legs around him instinctively. His hands settled under her ass, supporting her. Drew was speechless. She couldn't believe this was happening. Brian kept her eyes locked with his as he brought her over to the bed. He grabbed the remote off the nightstand and pressed a button causing the lights to go out. Drew didn't even know that her remote could do that. The moonlight shone through the window, casting a glow on Brian that made him look oh so heavenly. He laid her head down on the pillow, her golden hair flowing over the fabric beneath her. Didn't have a ponytail in? As soon as her head hit the pillow, Brian let out an almost animalistic growl as he hovered over her. He was so close that she could smell his hot breath, breathing in the same air as him. She had never been this close to him and it was something she only dreamed about.

"I left Michelle tonight." He whispered. Drew was shocked. "She was jealous of what we have." He told her, causing her heart to beat faster. "She said it was between you and her. I had to choose." Drew couldn't believe it. "Drew. I chose you. I love you." Drew didn't say a word. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders as she leaned in. This was it. She was finally getting what she wanted. She closed her eyes, puckering her lips lightly.

*bing bing*

Drew's eyes snapped open at the sound of an incoming text message. Drew sat up in her bed, looking around. The sun was peeking through the blinds at the window, her TV was still turned onto the channel Bridezilla's played on, and her clock read 9:30am.

*bing bing*

Her phone dinged, reminding her that she had a text message. Her hand went to her hair to see that she still had a ponytail in. She then lifted up the covers to see that Brian's pants were still on her legs.

*bing bing*

Drew groaned as she took the phone off the charger and went to look at her annoying text message.

Hey, Sorry about last night. Michelle was bitching about the wedding and I took my anger out on you. Let me make it up to you. Lunch this afternoon?

Drew sighed, shaking her head but replying with a quick 'sure' before throwing down her phone. It was a fucking dream. Brian never came over, never undressed her, and he certainly never left Michelle! Fucking great. This was was going to go so well!

*bing bing*

Drew glared at her phone as she opened it to see the latest text message.

Awesome. How about 2:30 at the diner. BTW, Michelle wants to meet with you before then for wedding crap. Good luck!

"Fuck your good luck." She cursed, tossing her phone across the king sized bed and flopped back down into her pillows. One shitty day to the fucking next.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a tease, I know. ;-)