Middle of Summer

Wake Up Call

I woke up to the sound of the phone; I looked at the clock and saw that it read 7 a.m. Who in God’s name would call at this hour?

“Hello?” I asked.

“Is this Clara?” A voice asked.

“Yes, who is this?” I asked again, hoping it was Brendon.

“It’s Brendon, did I wake you?” He sounded concerned.

“No,” I lied.

“Can you meet me at the hotel’s restaurant at 8?” He asked.

“Sure,” I said.

“Okay, meet you there,” he said before hanging up.

I got up and started my usual morning routine. An hour later, I was getting ready to go to the restaurant, when a voice scared me.

“Lala!” My sister yelled.

“Yes, Lizzie?” I said going to her bed.

“I’m up,” she said, smiling.

“I need you to go with Mom and Dad, tell them I went to get coffee” I told her.

“You awe not!” She said, looking through me.

“I’m going to meet Brendon for breakfast” I explained.

“I like him, go, I’ll take care of Mommy and Daddy” She said to me, sometimes, I wondered if she could rule the world.

I ran to the elevators and got in one. An elderly couple was there, they looked very nice. I just want someone to grow old with, I know, very cliche, but that’s me. I arrived at the restaurant and started looking for Brendon; I spotted him and went to the table.

“Good morning,” I greeted.

“Good morning, I hope you don’t mind that I invited my friend, Ryan,” He told me. Having breakfast with Ryan and Brendon? I’m not complaining.

“No, I’m totally fine” I said.

“Good, he’s just hiding in case you said no,” he said and then he winked at the plant behind me.
Moments later, Ryan was sitting beside Brendon, I was having breakfast with the half of my favorite band; someone pinch me now.

“So, you’re the famous Clara?” Ryan asked me.

“Famous?”

“Yes, Brendon talks about you non-stop, even though he’s only met you once and … ouch!” Ryan stopped talking and rubbed his shin, Brendon had a blush on his face.

“I’m just a regular girl” I said.

“So, what bands are you into?” Brendon said, changing the subject.

“Well, I like The Beatles, My Chemical Romance, Panicatthedisco, The Beach Boys…” I started to say, but was cut off.

“Did you say Panic at the Disco?” Ryan shouted, earning a glare from the couples around us.

“Yes?” I blushed.

“I like them too” Brendon said, winking at me.

The rest of the breakfast went pretty fast, the three of us couldn’t stop laughing and then my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

”Lala, can you twake me two twhe pawk awain?”

“What about Mom and Dad?” I asked my sister.

”They’re going to see LOVE and they won’t take us”

“Oh, okay, I’ll be right there” I said.

I shut the phone and stared at the guys, I wasn’t feeling very well suddenly.

“Listen guys, my sister wants to go to the park again” I said.

“Oh, can we go too?” Brendon asked, smiling.

I wanted to be alone for a while. I wanted to see LOVE, the only reason I agreed to come to Las Vegas. And now, my parents were going and I was stuck babysitting my sister.

“Umm, If you want to…” I said.

“Clara, are you okay?” Ryan asked.

“I really wanted to see LOVE but my parents don’t want to take my sister and I, so… yeah” I said, getting up and going to the room.

I felt them following, I looked back and they were whispering something. I shrugged it off and continued walking to the room. When we arrived at the room, I knocked on the door and my sister got out.

“Brendon!” My sister yelled as she ran to her arms.

“Hey, Liz” Brendon said, picking her up.

“And who are you?” My sister asked, looking at Ryan.

“I’m Ryro, Brendon’s friend” Ryan introduced himself, shaking my sister’s hand.

“You’re cute, Wiwo” She said, extending her arms to Ryan.

Ryan took her and he received a hug from my sister. Looks like somebody has a crush, well, she wasn’t the only one.

“Come on Elizabeth, we have to go to the park” I said trying to grab her.

“No, I want Wiwo to take me” She said holding Ryan.

“Ok?” I asked Ryan.

“Yeah, no problem” She said smiling at my sister.

We walked to the park. Ryan and my sister were deep in conversation; I looked at them with a smile in my face. Brendon was talking on the phone, glancing at me every five minutes. Then, without notice, he laced my hand in his. I looked at him but didn’t take it off, it felt right.

“So, here we are, what do you want to do?” Ryan asked my sister.

“I want to go to the swings” Liz said, grabbing Ryan’s hand.

I stood there, watching them. Brendon led me to a table where we could watch Ryan and my sister.

“Clara, can I ask you something?” Brendon asked, he sounded nervous.

“Sure” I said, smiling.

“Would you like to go to see LOVE with me?” He asked.

“As in, a date?” I asked nervous.

“Yes?” He asked.

“What about my sister?” I asked.

“Ryan, Jon and Spencer can take care of her” He said.

“Then its fine” I smiled.

Brendon, I'm falling for you and fast I said to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Moon's point of view.