‹ Prequel: Lead the Way
Status: Work in progress :)

Follow Me Home

Saying Sorry

It had been about a month since I’d seen jimmy. He called me all the time blowing up my phone almost at all hours of the day, attempting to apologize but repeating that he couldn’t handle the idea of a baby. Now, In this past month I had gone to a few doctors appointments one to tell me I was pregnant and another that told me that I wasn’t just having one baby. I was having twins and the most recent appointment was to tell me that I’d be having one baby boy and one baby girl.

I laid on the bed in Michelle and Brian’s guest bed room rubbing my stomach as I thought about life and how the hell I was supposed to deal with this all by myself. I hadn’t listened to the last few messages on my phone from Jimmy, I didn’t need to hear that he wasn’t ready any more. I needed him to be ready.

“Riley…” Brian leaned against the door frame and sighed gently.

“What do you need Brian?” I asked softly rubbing my stomach just wanting to curl up and go back to sleep at the moment.

“There’s some one here to see you..” He bit down on his lip looking over at me.

“It’s Jimmy isn’t it?” Brian nodded. Slowly I stood up looking at Brian for a moment before heading down the stairs seeing Jimmy standing in the door way a lost look on his face.

“Riley!” His voice was horse as he rushed over and wrapped his arms around me. I didn’t believe it, I could smell booze on his breath, There was no way he actually missed me.

“Jimmy you’re drunk.” I mumbled pushing him off of me regardless of how hard it was. I looked at my stomach fighting the feeling to just cling onto him.

“no I’m not I swear. I’ve had one beer today I swear.” He mumbled desperately holding his hands out hoping I would take them.

“Jimmy, what do you want? I mean you’re not ready for a baby remember? You want nothing to do with a baby.” I fought back the urge to cry as I spoke the same words he had the day I told him I was pregnant. The words that had caused my world to come crashing down.

“I was wrong.. Riley listen to me, I was so wrong I never meant to say those things. I was scared, I…I’m sorry Please Riley.” He was begging me. He was down on his knee’s holding onto my hand and desperately pleading with me to come back to him, to give him another chance.

“Jimmy, You told me to get an abortion, what made you change your mind?” I made no effort to pull my hand away from his as he remained on his knee’s in front of me.

“Val brought over a picture from the ultra sound you had a few days ago…and she brought over a picture of you..Holding your belly and I just.. I don’t know it hit me that this was real…all of it was so real I’m so sorry!” I looked down at him letting out a soft sigh I could see a few tears starting down his face.

“Jimmy, I don’t know what made you think it wasn’t real in the first place but it is…very real. I’m very pregnant and very much so with your babies.” I bit my lip hoping val had told him that part. A small grin broke out on his greif stricken face.

“I know. I’m sorry I freaked out. I just… I don’t know what got into me Riley. Please baby, please come home.” He slowly stood up and took my face with in his hands and pressed a gentle kiss to my lips rubbing my cheek.

“Alright Jimmy, this is your second chance don’t fuck me over alright? It’s going to be hell when Leana finds out I’m actually pregnant. I can’t do this by myself Jimmy and I need you.” I pressed my soft trembling lips against his and held the kiss
♠ ♠ ♠
awww :D