Status: Hiatus... sorry guys. :/

Mythology

You're Such a Pervert.

(Please read the author's note!)

The boys immediately tensed as I said his name.

“Raynier, what the fuck—?”

Jacob sighed roughly. “Yeah, we know him. We don’t know him know him, but we know who he is.”

“Can you take us to him?”

“Raynier, shut up! Now!”

Jacob glared in my general direction. I could tell he was still trying to be nice to me but he hated Sam. I furrowed my eyebrows, dipping into his mind.

I was able to find a profile shot of Sam in Jacob’s head. I sent it to Quinn before looking for more. Jacob, however, shut down the thoughts and I was forced out.

“Damn,” I muttered, mainly for being shut out. It only happened once in a while and it pissed me off. Then, I apologized. “Sorry for bringing it up… I didn’t know it was a sore spot.”

Embry scoffed, finally taking his filthy eyes off my sister. “He’s just a freaking thug.”

I raised an eyebrow, brushing my bangs out of my eyes. I debated reaching into my pocket for a bobby pin and putting it up, but I went against it.

“Really.” I said, curious. I wanted to know more, but I didn’t want to be completely interested in this “thug” thing. Jacob and his posse were actually pretty cool. If they weren’t on good terms with Sam, then I didn’t want to pry and put them in an uncomfortable spot.

Quil snorted.

Jacob continued. “Yeah. There’s this guy, Paul. He used to be really cool, fun to be around, awesome,” Jacob hesitated. “And then, boom! He misses school for a week or two and comes back this cold-hearted bastard with a stick shoved up his ass. And I always see him running into the woods with Sam. What the hell?”

“And Jared,” Quil added. He was looking at his hands that were sitting on the table. “He was a good friend of ours until he started hanging out with Sam. Then, he was stuck up and didn’t talk to us ever again. But he has a girlfriend… I… I don’t know how it works.” He shook his head before pulling his hands into his lap.

Embry nodded. “They’re just a bunch of wannabe gangsters. Hall monitors on steroids are what they’re called by everyone at school.”

I looked at Quinn. This was definitely interesting.

“Are you sure?” I asked slowly.

Quinn sent a balled up napkin flying at me. “Be quiet, Raynier, you’re not helping!”

“Hey, hey,” I raised my hands. “I’m only curious.”

Jacob smirked. “Curiosity killed the cat.”

I threw a smirk right back at him. “Satisfaction brought it back. What now, bitch? Yeah, I thought so.”

“Raynier,” Quinn’s voice dragged out my name. Apparently, I was embarrassing her.

“Oooooh,” Embry and Quil said at the same time, dragging out the word. I laughed whole-heartedly. It’s been a long time since I’ve been with people like Jacob, Quil and Embry.
They’re just so laid-back, peaceful, funny kind of guys. These were kind of guys that I adore.

“I’m kidding Jacob. You’re cool. But you’re still my bitch.”

“Oh, it’s on, Rayne.”

We had talked for so long it had dragged on to about five-thirty in the morning.

“Shit,” Jacob said. I was pretty convinced he was my new best-est friend; our personalities seemed to click like puzzle pieces. We had a lot in common and it was nice.

I raised my eyebrow at him while my sister laughed at something Quil said. Embry gave Quil a weird look before going back to staring at Quinn.

“Sorry guys, I gotta run. If my dad figures out I’ve that I snuck out to hang out with you, I’m dead.” He runs a hand through his long hair nervously before Quil got up to let him out of the booth.

“Shit.” Quil said. “Damn. Haven’t talked that long in a long time. We all better get going. Nice meeting you guys.” Quil smiled at us, leading them toward the exit.

I smiled. “Bye, Jacob. See ya, Quil, Embry.”

Embry said goodbye to Quinn before suddenly noticing me after I said his name. I almost laughed, but then I remembered what he’s been playing over and over in his mind. Yeah… not exactly something to laugh at.

“Oh, where are you guys staying? La Push or Forks? Or farther out, like Seattle, Port Angeles, or what?”

Quinn and I both paused. We didn’t know where we were; we just roamed. Because of the gene I saw in Embry, I answered confidently and prayed to god it was the right answer.

“La Push.”

He smiled. “Cool. Maybe we’ll see you around then.” He smiled flirtatiously at me.

I put on a coy smile. “Maybe. See ya.”

The boys walked out and Quinn and I exchanged a glance, along with a couple giggles.

“I have to say,” I told her as she left fifteen dollars on the table, “Jacob was the best looking. Embry can go to hell, and Quil was cute, but not my type.”

“Are you sure?” she said as we walked out, letting the doors close behind us. “Embry seemed pretty cool.”

I snorted as we walked towards woods. “Please, sweetheart, it was disgusting. Do I need to send you a clip of what he was replaying over and over in his head?”

Quinn made a face, scrunching her nose up. “If you say so, Rayne.”

I nodded. “I do say so. So where are we going? Motel 6?”

Quinn sighed before she nodded. “That’s probably the best we can do for right now. It’s cheap and it’s not too far from the reservation. Let’s go.”

As we entered our room in the Motel 6, I bit my lip. This wasn’t exactly a whorehouse because there weren’t many prostitutes around, but it was still disgusting. Imagine: you’re sleeping on sheets that could have been washed with sheets someone had sex on.

Um, ew, if you ask me.

“Suck it up,” Quinn muttered. “It’s better than sleeping out in the woods.”

I made a face. “I’m not so sure about that… we’re in the middle of a huge forest, and honestly, the forest is looking a lot better than this bed.” I said hesitantly.

Quinn shook her head. “Well, I already paid for it, so boo-hoo. Suck it up, princess.”

“That’s what she said!” I exclaimed. “Actually, it should be ‘that’s what he said!’”

“You’re such a pervert, Raynier.”

“At least I’m not a whore!”

“Raynier!” Quinn shouted. “I’m not a whore; I’m just… overly nice!”

I stuck my tongue out at Quinn. She knew I was joking; we always joked like this. Not when our dad was around, of course, but I figured he wouldn’t be coming around for a while . . . .

“Whatever. Let’s just get some sleep.” I fell on top of the one bed, not bothering to undress out of my rags or get under the covers.

“You’re such a pig, Rayne. Scoot over.”

I muttered something incoherent into the pillow.

“Move, Rayne. Now.”

“No.”

“Rayne, c’mon.”

“Nuh. Make me.”

“Fine. Whatever.”

I felt some pressure on my side before I moved. I glanced up at my sister who was now under the covers, the pillow tucked between her shoulder and head. I raised my eyebrows.

“That’s cheating.” I declared.

“Screw you.”

“I don’t ever use my levitation on you! That’s so not fair!”

“Like you said earlier, Raynier, let’s shut up and go to sleep.”

“I hate you so much.” I muttered, flipping over so that my back was to her. I heard her chuckle and I made a face.

Within two minutes, I was out cold.

---

“Why can’t we go to the beach? Please? Oh please, oh please, oh please?” I whined to my older sister as she threw a shirt on.

“Raynier, please don’t do this right now.”

“Please?” I dragged the word out. “Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please?” I chanted.

Remember, we came from Wyoming. “The beach” was something that we’ve only seen in movies or heard about online. I’ve heard about the soft sand that felt like baby-powder between your toes, the clear waters with a hint of blue, the various shells washed up from the waves and the foam that the love and beauty goddess Aphrodite sprang up from.

“Oh please, oh please,” I begged.

My sister sighed roughly. “If we go, will you shut up and never beg me to go again?”

My face lit up. “Yes! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“I love you, too.” She said with no emotion in her voice. “Tonight, we’re sleeping outside. This place is shit.”

“Thank God! Took you freaking long enough,” I muttered.

Quinn and I checked out of the disgusting motel and the first thing we went to is a Wal-mart. Actually, it was a Target because we couldn’t find a Wal-mart. We both bought two shirts, two pairs of pants, one pair of shorts and a pair of sneakers. We also bought female necessities (yes, just because we’re werewolves doesn’t mean we don’t have those lovely monthly gifts) and lots of underwear. I begged Quinn for a bathing suit and she let me get the cheapest one, a plain brown bikini. I didn’t mind; at least I had a bathing suit for the beach.

We phased in the woods and I followed my nose to the beach. Salt—I sniffed and sniffed and when I found it, we ran to the beach as fast as we could. I’m sorry, let me rephrase that. I ran to the beach as fast as I could. Quinn lagged behind, as usual, taking her sweet time, holding the two little plastic bags in her mouth.

C’mon, c’mon, c’mon Quinn, let’s go! Can I have my bathing suit? Please? I asked in my mind. I could see Quinn roll her eyes.

Relax, Rayne, be patient. I’m on my way; don’t get your fur in a bunch.

It was my turn to roll my eyes. Hardy-har-har, just speed it up, dude, I wanna go swimming in the ocean.

I heard Quinn laugh before I saw her appear. We were still hidden in the thick brush, far from sight. She dropped the bag on the ground, half covered with drool.

Um, ew. I turned around as I felt Quinn slip from my mind.

“Well next time, you can carry it,” she told me. I heard her shuffling around in the bag, looking for her clothes.

I heard the bushes behind me rustle. “Go ahead,” she called out.

I phased back quicker than the blink of an eye and reached for my bathing suit and some shorts. I snuck behind some bushes and quickly changed. I was so excited; the beach! Who knew I’d ever go to the beach?

“C’mon, Quinn, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!” I yelled.

“All right, seriously, Raynier? Are you high?” Quinn asked. I emerged from the bushes to see the amazing beach.

It was just what it looked like in movies. The sand had a dusty look to it, and the waters were dyed a deep blue. The blues exchanged hues where they met at the horizon. Clouds blocked out the sun’s rays, but I didn’t care. I was at the beach. This was officially the best day of my life.

“Ah! Look, Quinn! It’s so pretty,” I stood there, gawking in amazement. I heard her sneak up beside me.

Aww![/]

My head snapped up instantly. I knew that call. Quinn read my mind.

“It couldn’t be…” she said.

“It has to be,” I replied confidently. I knew that bird call anywhere. I bit my lip. What if it wasn’t
him?

Aww!

No, no, it has to be him. That bird’s cry belongs to no one other then—

“Helios!” I cried.

The bird of prey answered: Aww!

I felt like crying. My best friend was here. He had followed me here when I thought he died in the house fire a week or so ago. I put my hand to my mouth, my eyes watering.

“Helios,” I said quietly as he found his way to me. I held up my forearm and he landed on their, his talons digging into my skin. I didn’t care. My Helios was here, and he was here to stay.

I should explain, shouldn’t I? When I was younger, I don’t remember the exact age, I found a bird’s nest in a giant redwood tree near my house. Remember when I told you about the whole mind-talking thing that Quinn and I had? This is something like that. Helios is a red-tailed hawk that has a liking for me; however, he is not just any regular red-tailed hawk. My father taught us to train together, to work with each other. From then on, we’ve always been a team, just like Quinn and her fox, Conleth. But Conleth and Quinn’s story is for another time.

My smile was from ear to ear as Helios worked his way up to my shoulder. The small cuts he left on my arm disappeared instantly, not even leaving a scar.

“I missed you, Helios. I can’t believe you made it out of the fire.” I said as he nuzzled my ear.

He sent me a look that said “Well I’m not exactly a stupid bird, thank you very much.”

I laughed before looking right into deep brown eyes. I felt a click in my head and blinked. We had connected again.

Up, up, and away, Helios.

Helios took off, up into the air, disappearing behind the trees and brush. I looked at Quinn.

She smiled at me. “Well, what are you waiting for? Go jump in, you silly goose!”

I grinned at her before running towards the water.

“The beach!” I sang. “The beach! The beach, the beach! The beach—is cold!”

As soon as I touched the water, I leaped back out.

“Fuckin’ a, that’s as cold as,” I paused, “as—as—um,” I hesitated again, trying to think of the right word. “It’s as cold as—shit, I can’t think of the word that works. Damn.”

I heard laughter from behind me before I found myself under the icy waters.

“Shit!” I sputtered, breaking the top of the waves. “Holy shit! Who the fuck did that?!”

I wrapped my arms around myself. I was waist deep in icy blue water and I was not a happy camper.

I saw Embry and Quil from last night. But, I didn’t see Jacob.

“Sorry,” a voice said, popping up next to me. “I slipped.”

“Jacob, you little punk, get your ass over here and let me beat it!” I charged after him, going as fast as I could, feeling the lag of the water. Of course, I could easily think of three ways to make myself go faster, but if these boys haven’t phased yet, I didn’t want to do anything that could startle them.

“Ah! I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”

“Jake, you punk! Stop running,” I called after him as he left the water and hid behind Embry. “Move, Emb.” I stood in front of him, arms crossed.

Embry slid to the right. Jacob followed. Embry slid to the left. Jake followed, again. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Embry, whatever you do… don’t move.”

Embry stood there, frozen to the spot, as I glared down Jacob. That little punk was getting it big time for his stunt. My hair was dripping wet and it was low seventies out! It was cold!

I faked a left before catching Jacob on the right. I twisted his arm around and lowered him to his knees all while Embry stood to the left of us, still as a stone.

“Apologize!” I said, pushing against Jacob’s arm. I heard him whimper slightly.

“Never!”

I sighed. “I didn’t want to do this…”

Quinn interrupted my fun. “Raynier, don’t be rash!” I heard her run up behind me, her feet making impressions in the sand.

I stuck my tongue out at her. “Buzz off, sis, I got this.”

“Apologize,” I said again.

I held that position for about thirty seconds before Jacob made a sound.

“Tap out,” he muttered. I released his arm and he plopped to the ground. I felt a slap on my back.

“Damn,” Quil said. “Girl’s got guts.”

I smirked. “Hell yeah.”

---

“Um, how about no?” I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

Jake made a face. “Please? Just for dinner. My dad’s been saying that I need to bring some girls around once in a while.”

Quinn snorted a laugh and I rolled my eyes.

“If we go,” I said slowly. Jake’s eyes lit up. “If we go, we’re all going just as friends, ya hear?”

Jacob smiled. “Sir, yes—I mean, ma’am, yes ma’am!”

I smiled back at him. It had been so long since I had just regular guy friends. The ones at home were just looking for some way to get in my pants or down my shirt. I really hoped that Jacob, Quil, and Embry would be different.

“We’d better get going then, huh?” I muttered.

Jake looked at Quil and Embry. “All right, let’s go. We’re all gonna have to squish though. My car only holds four.”

I shrugged.

“I call shotgun.” Embry and I said at the same time. I shot him a look.

“You be quiet. Quinn will ride on your lap if you sit in the back,” I offered him. His eyes widened slightly.

“You will?” he asked her.

Quinn sighed. “Yeah, sure, why not?”

I laughed as we all piled into Jake’s small Rabbit.

“Sweet,” I muttered to myself. He glanced at me.

“You like?”

I shrugged. “I know nothing about cars.” Quil and Embry laughed. “But it looks like you built it yourself, so I can’t say I’m not impressed.”

The car ride was filled with jokes and laughter. I couldn’t wait for these boys to phase. They would be amazing wolves.

We arrived at Jacob’s house and I jumped out of the car. The house was cute; it was just a little thing, with plenty of space around it. It probably had some huge shed in the back for
Jake to work on his cars.

Jake led everyone up to the front door.

“Hey dad, we’re home,” he called out, opening the door. He rushed inside, making room for everyone.

His dad wheeled himself into the room and I almost gasped.

Billy Black. I should have fucking known. Why the hell couldn't we see it? I told Quinn.

Shut up, Raynier, you’ll get us found out!

In fact, now that I think about it, Jacob looks a lot like Billy. The same face, definitely the same skin, eyes, and hair. But you could tell they were kin.

He smiled at us, clearly clueless to who we were.

He doesn’t remember. I thought. He doesn’t remember us.

“Why hello, boys. Oh? And you ladies?”

“Hey dad,” Jacob interrupted. “Embry, Quil and I are going to the shed for something real fast. We’ll be back in thirty seconds.”

“All right,” Billy called out after them.

“Hey, old man.” I said, a slight smirk on my face. Billy looked up at us, studying our faces.

All blood drained from his face.

“Quinn…,” he looked at my sister, then slowly moved his eyes towards me. “Raynier. Oh, lord. When did you come back?” he said hesitantly, his voice low.

“Just a day ago or so. We need to talk to Sam,” I said, getting right to the point.

“Uley? Are you two staying here?”

I nodded.

“We,” Quinn paused. “We think something bad will happen. We don’t know when, except for that it will be soon.”

Billy regained his composure. “Of course. I will give you directions and see to it that you get there.”

Quinn and I glanced at each other. Perfect.

The boys burst through the door. They had the best timing ever.

“All right, kids,” Billy said, a smile on his face. “Who’s ready for food?”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is sooooo long! (11 pages on Word!!) And it's supposed to be long.

Now that school has started, my priorities have been re-prioritized, and I'm determined to keep at least a 3.25 average. So far, it's working out lovely. I have a 3.77. But because of this goal for myself, I won't be able to write and update as much as I would like.

Which is why this chapter is so long. It's a lot to take in and think about. I have chapter 3 started but I don't know when I will finish, much less when I will update.

I will try my hardest to make sure I update at least once every two weeks. Does that sound good? I have 2 honors classes that have started to take their toll. I think two weeks is perfect. (:

Tell me what you think about Raynier and Quinn and the story in general(: Oh, don't worry. Next chapter will have Paul. I promise.

*PS: Raynier's name is pronounced Rainier, like Mt. Rainier. (For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, try saying "rain-ear".)

*PPS: Because I have a slight problem with putting actual faces to my characters, I made these little cartoon guys for your imaginations to work with. They're not exactly what Quinn and Raynier look like, but they're somewhat close.
Raynier and Quinn