Status: Hiatus... sorry guys. :/

Mythology

Throwing Punches.

((Please read author's note! It's long, but it's MUY IMPORTANTE!
Enjoy(:))

Sam had led us outside and into the beginning of the forest. The eerie feeling in my stomach still held true, twisting knots as we followed Sam.

“It’s good to see you girls again,” Sam said when we stopped. He wrapped an arm around Quinn and an arm around me before pulling us into his chest. We were just two or three inches shorter than him, and I chuckled at the fact.

“We missed you Sam,” Quinn said quietly, still in Sam’s chest. I pulled away and smiled.

Sam released Quinn and she took a small step back, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. Sam started the wonderful interrogation, and I felt like we were at Billy’s house, me on the couch, Quinn standing, answering Billy’s rounds and rounds of questions. But then Sam asked us a question Billy didn’t mention.

“Have you girls… phased yet?” Sam said, his voice sounding weary and stressed. Quinn and I nodded at the same time.

“Oh,” I said, “and get this, Sam.”

I turned around and lifted my brown hair off my shoulders. I put it in a high ponytail before bending my head down, putting my chin towards my chest. I felt Quinn step up next to me before her finger traced the back of my neck.

“What? You have a tattoo? What’s the big deal?”

I laughed, turning my head to the right slightly so Sam could hear me better. “It’s a tattoo, but I don’t like needles,” I gave him a hint.

There was hesitation. “What?”

“It’s a tattoo,” I said.

“But it’s not any regular tattoo. Feel it with your finger.” Quinn added. I felt another warm finger on my neck before it suddenly disappeared.

“What?” I heard Quinn say.

“Why is your temperature so hot?”

I shrugged. “Our temperature is normally about a hundred and six point five,” I said with a smile even though he couldn’t see it. “Sometimes it goes up one or one and a half, but that’s the norm, dude.”

Sam seemed absolutely shocked.

He put his finger on my neck again and traced the wing tattoo.

“What…?” He said quietly, almost a whisper. “The hell is this?”

I put my hair down and turned around again, putting my fingers to my neck. I traced the rough outline of the small tattoo, feeling the bumps and edges.

“It’s just a tattoo, Sammy Pie.” I started.

Quinn stared at his face, analyzing every detail. That was one bag thing about her; she had to overanalyze everything. Oh, he reacts this way? Then it must mean this. If he reacts that way, then it means something else. She always seems to know everything. It was somewhat crazy. But then again, our connotation of crazy was pretty out there.

I continued, shrugging nonchalantly. “Except for the fact that it surfaced on my skin when I was fourteen.”

Sam nearly fell over.

“It did what?!” He shouted. I raised an eyebrow and my eyes flew back to the house not too far away.

“Shut up, man!” I said back. I quieted my voice. “Look, it’s just a little something…”

“It’s obviously not just a little something,” Sam said back, hushed.

I rolled my eyes. “They obviously don’t tell the legends anymore.” I mocked him.

Sam raised his eyebrows. “We still tell the legends. We have a bonfire every once in a while and tell about the cold ones and our ancestors. We plan to keep that tradition.”

I looked at Quinn, who was still quiet, analyzing Sam’s emotions.

“I guess the legends died with dad’s exile, huh?”

Sam looked startled. “What happened to your dad?”

“That’s why we left,” Quinn said, not taking her eyes off his face. “Our dad was exiled from this tribe. The elders don’t know we’re here. Well, except for Billy Black. I don’t know if they would make us leave, though. Our father’s not here, so I don’t see why they should.”

I sent a weak half-smile at Sam.

“Back to the legends.” I said. Sam’s focus returned to me. “You’re sure you’ve never heard of the Suka Naiciji legends?” The look on Sam’s face told me instantly. “Okay, I guess not.” I sighed, preparing myself to tell Sam the long, detailed story of our true ancestors.

Here goes nothing…

---

QUINN

So it was decided. Raynier and I were going to stay with Sam. We had to share a room, but I was perfectly okay with it.

Sam had explained everything to us—the Cullens, the treaty, and the rest of the pack, Jared and Paul. There were soon to be more: Embry (as Rayne suspected), Jacob (Rayne made it a point to make a big deal about that) and Quil. There were a few more kids who potentially had the gene, but they were younger, so we weren’t watching them for a few more years.

“Quinn,” Raynier dragged my name out. I brushed my hair behind my ear, looking at myself in the full-body mirror attached to the back of the door in the room we were staying in.

I had the same dark gray eyes our father had. That was one strange characteristic about him. He looked just like all the other older men on the reservation, but he had these storm-cloud gray eyes while they all had deep brown. I also had dark orange-brown hair, like my mother, with tanned skin from working on the farm in Wyoming for all my life. What I really noticed, though, was my slightly chubby face. My face was in the shape of a heart, giving my cheeks slight chubbiness to them. I had grown out of all my baby fat a long time ago, and I was pure muscle, like Raynier.

Rayne and I both stood at a “jaw-dropping” six foot two. Why was it jaw-dropping? I don’t know. That’s what my mother called us. She was a mere five foot five inches. When I was eleven years old, I was an inch taller than her.

I tossed my hair back over my shoulders, watching the loose curls. There was a lot about my face and body to be thankful for—except for the fact that I was who I was.

Does that make sense?

I bit my lip, a habit I picked up from Rayne (of course) and turned to look at her. She was sitting on her bed, staring into nothing.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, walking over to the bed next to hers.

She shrugged. Of course. Always the talker, as you can tell.

“So,” I said, trying to spark conversation between us, “Paul imprinted on you.”

Raynier rolled her eyes and flipped over on her bed so that she was on her stomach. She kicked her legs up in the air and propped her torso up on her elbows, playing with her fingers.

“Don’t remind me, please,” she said with a sigh. “I don’t want to deal with that right now.”

I looked at her, confused. “Rayne, you always said you would be happy if you found a shifter that imprinted on you.”

She narrowed her eyes slightly, frowning a bit. “That was back when I didn’t know what the hell I was talking about,” she muttered, releasing her torso from her elbows. She plopped on the bed, stuffing her face on the pillows. She turned her head to the side so she was facing me.

“What do you mean?” I asked quietly. Raynier was the over-emotional one in the family; if someone didn’t get her to let out her feelings, she’d go on a rampage. And that rampage wasn’t very pretty.

She tried to shrug. “I don’t know. It’s not like we can have kids.”

I rolled my eyes. “Be logical, Raynier. Of course we can have kids.”

She scoffed. “You know that’s not what I mean, Quinn,” she said darkly. I felt like rolling my eyes again, but I decided to not.

“You know what I’m talking about, too, Raynier,” I said, mocking her just a little bit. “Stop being such drama magnet.”

“Do we really have to talk about this, Quinn? Let’s talk about something different. Oh shit! I have to call Jacob. Bee-Are-Bee,” she said, saying the acronym “BRB.” She stood up and whizzed out the room and down the hall.

“You’d better not tell that Paul guy,” I shouted after her. “He’ll go all jealous-boyfriend on you!” I heard her stop halfway down the stairs before running back up.

“Shut the hell up!” she yelled, poking her head into the room with a sneer on her face. I laughed. She ran downstairs again.

I shook my head. She was such a… a… I don’t know. There are no words to describe my younger sister. She was a handful, but she knew when to behave, even if she didn’t show it.
I sucked in a deep breath before deciding to follow Raynier and go downstairs. Maybe I’ll get something to eat.

RAYNIER

As I bounced down the stairs, an amazing aroma took over my nose and led me to the kitchen. Jacob was pushed to the back of my mind.

“Oh my god!” I squealed. “Garlic bread?”

Emily laughed and nodded. “Garlic bread it is, Rayne. Oh—is it okay if I call you Rayne? Or do you prefer Raynier?”

“Rayne,” I said with a smile, my eyes still focused on the garlic bread cooking. I could hear the butter sizzling with heat and could practically taste it in my mouth.

“Were you named after Mt. Rainier?”

I hesitated, feeling my muscles tense. I took a deep breath and forced myself to relax.

“Yeah, actually, I was,” I said, letting out a small smile. I looked from the bread to Emily who was leaning up against the counter. “But a Y replaces the first I. Does that make sense?”

Emily nodded, smiling. “Perfect sense. What a pretty name. And I get boring ol’ Emily.” She laughed.

I smiled a small smile. “But you’re way pretty, so it all evens out in the end.”

She laughed again, walking over to the large pot on the stove.

I leaned my waist against the counter, crossing my legs at the ankle and putting my hands in front of me, playing with my fingers.

“Why don’t you go visit with the boys? They’re not as bad as they seem,” Emily spoke suddenly. I glanced her way and shrugged.

“Oh sure, why not.”

I walked into the living room where Jared and Paul were sitting, beers in their hands and eyes glued to the TV. I pursed my lips before sitting between them, in the crack of the small sofa.

“Hey thur,” I said with a toothy grin. Jared gave me a weird look before laughing while Paul just stared at me.

“Stop it,” I heard Quinn say. She was standing by the staircase, hands on hips, her hair over one shoulder. “You’re embarrassing me.”

I snorted a laugh. “Quinn, you have nothing to be embarrassed about.”

She walked into the kitchen. “You’re my sister. That’s enough to be embarrassment.”

My jaw dropped and I stood up. “Excuse me?”

Quinn fake glared at me and walked next to me. She made a face. “Your presence is embarrassing to me, Raynier.”

I stuck my tongue out at her and she punched me in the shoulder.

“Freak!” I squeaked. “Not cool.” I sent her a punch back.

“Raynier! I did not hit you that hard!”

“Girls don’t hit hard in general,” Jared scoffed. “I bet if one of you hit me, I wouldn’t feel it.”

I smirked. “Wanna bet on it?”

“Raynier!” I was so used to Quinn’s voice shouting my name I’ve gotten to the point where I completely ignored it.

Paul chimed in. “I’ll give you twenty bucks if you can punch me and give me a bruise.”

“Make it fifty and we have a deal.”

“Fine.”

“Fine.”

We shook hands and I felt a slight tingly sensation run up my spine. I smirked and looked at Paul evilly.

“C’mon, hit me.”

I just looked up at him. I was going to hit him—but not when he expected it. I pursed my lips, looking at his shoulder. His tattoo’s intricate designs captivated my eyes, making my thoughts race.

“Rayne, just hit me.”

I threw a right hook to his shoulder.

“It’s Raynier to you, Mister.” I smirked.

His eyebrows furrowed and his jaw slacked slightly. He clutched his shoulder as the bruise began to form. Because of his shapeshifting abilities, the bruise went from dark purple to blue to a yellow green before fading away and to his normal skin tone.

“I win! That’s fifty dollars,” I smiled.

“Raynier, I’m going to kill you.” I heard my sister mutter.

*Author's note!!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's such a filler! O: I want to get to the action, but it can't be that fast... but it's coming soon, I'll tell you that! (;
All comments/subscriptions are appreciated!! Tell me what you think! Comments keep me inspired and give me a reason to write(:

All right, so I was finally bored enough to look for pictures that suited Raynier and Quinn. Let me tell you, IT WAS NOT EASY.

With my thoughts and the way I vision the two girls, I found multiple pictures for each that would work with the way I pictured them. The best thing to do is to look at the pictures and kinda "mix" them together to get an overall view of the girls. It sounds confusing, but once you see the pictures it will get easier.

(I wasn't able to put this on the character page, so I'm putting it on here).

RAYNIER
Raynier is currently holding the record for the hardest pictures to find. Her look is so distinctive in my head. She has an almost fragile look to her, but she's also sharp. She seems babyish, but she also looks mature. She's very boyish, but she has feminine features. It's so incredibly hard to describe, I couldn't find one or two pictures to fit her, so I found five instead. (: If any of them were to be Raynier, it would be the first or the second. But I highly recommend looking at all of them, just to get the overall picture, y'know?(: I'm sorry this is so long and complicated XD
Raynier 1
Raynier 2
Raynier 3
Raynier 4
Raynier 5

QUINN
Quinn's pictures were a hell of a lot easier! In my head, she's incredibly simple; that's just her personality. Straight red/brown hair, tall, misty blue eyes. Sharp, distinct features, looks a lot older than she really is. Maturity radiates off of her, but she occasionally looks younger and innocent. (: I found two pictures that work well with my head.
Quinn 1
Quinn 2
However, both girls have gray/misty/cloudy blue eyes!(: Thanks for reading this far, haha o.O