Status: Hiatus... sorry guys. :/

Mythology

Partners In Crime. (Part 2)

Quinn. Go. Now! We’re doing number 24!

Quinn nodded and raced around to the other side of the meadow. I stood, my eyes fixed on my prey, who were smirking and talking with one another.

“Oh, looky here,” one of them said. “We have some mutts on our tail.” I lifted my lips away from my teeth in a snarl—I couldn’t help it. Human or not, it was in my blood (literally) to hate and hate and hate vampires. My anger kept rising. My whole body was trembling when Helios landed on me, digging his claws into my shoulder. The wound healed over so fast the vampires couldn’t smell the blood, but it calmed me down.

There were four vampires. They each had that pasty white skin that looked almost silver to me, with blood red eyes and each having a different color of hair. There was one girl, with curly, bright red hair, and three guys. One guy was African American with dreads. When he spoke, he had a strange accent. There was a blonde with long hair and a brown leather jacket, and one with black hair and ripped up jeans.

I’ll start, Raynier,I heard Quinn say. I nodded slowly, though I knew she couldn’t see me.

I licked my lips as Quinn whispered.

“Hello there.” She said quietly. The vampire’s heads whipped away from me and towards where Quinn was. I saw the wolves follow their gazes.

“It’s nice to see some vampires around.” I said. Their eyes now snapped to me. They couldn’t smell me or Helios and they looked very confused.

“I was getting bored, honestly,” Quinn said. Our voices were hushed whispers, making us sound like one person whose voice was coming from different parts of the meadow.

The vampires hissed a little as they grew confused.

“I want to play a game.”

“Yes, a fun, fun game.”

“If I win,” I took a small step forward and the vampires snarled at the noise.

“Ah, ah, ah, be nice. I haven’t finished yet,” Quinn told them. I heard Conleth move a bit and the vampires backed up against each other, all facing different directions. The wolves grew weary as well, but Sam held strong.

“If I win, then you die.” The vampires all hissed again, their white teeth shining. The two wolves behind the black one, who was probably Sam, were beginning to become extremely cautious and always looking around.

“If you win, you can suck me dry.” Quinn stated. Helios moved on my shoulder and I could tell he was anxious to start.

“Agreed?”

The redhead lashed out towards me, as if fending off a ghost, and my rage was about to
burst.

“I did not say that we had started yet!” I said in a harsh whisper.

“Ready?” Quinn said after ten seconds of pause.

“Set.”

“Go.” Quinn said in a voice quieter than a whisper. The vampires braced themselves for the initial attack, but none came. They waited before they each relaxed their stances slightly and we took that chance.

Now!

Helios took off instantly, and I’m sure Conleth did too. He gained speed, weaving through trees and bushes before bursting out into the meadow. From the other side, I was able to see Conleth and I saw what he was chewing in his mouth. I smiled as Helios and Conleth began their attack.

When we were younger and we had found Conleth and Helios, our father trained us with them and we set up many different strategic plans. We haven’t practiced in a while, but I wasn’t worried. I could rely on Sam, Jared and Paul in case we got in trouble—which was rare.

Helios flew as fast as he could, his feathers ruffling in the wind. He extended his talons and gave the blonde a scratch on his neck. The blonde hissed and the vampires crouched. Wrong move.

Conleth came up from underneath the tall grass and bit the leg of the one with black hair. Conleth was picked up by the female vampire and thrown across the meadow and towards me.

Go go go!

With that cue, I took off running. I could see what Quinn was seeing in her mind, racing towards the one with the dreads. I was going towards the redhead. In one swift motion, I had the midriff part of her shirt off.

She snarled and swatted at me, but I was too quick. I ran to where Quinn was while Quinn ran to where I was. My anger had boiled over, sending the lid flying off and everything into chaos. I needed to feel that vampire skin under mine. I needed to feel myself tearing that stupid leech apart and then feeding it to Conleth’s flames.

No! Raynier! Not yet!

I kept myself from moving, but just barely. I needed to kill something. Now. I cracked my
neck before looking at the vampires through the brush.

Helios, now!

Helios flew above the vampires, calling out. Aww! Aww!

They all looked up, staring at Helios. Two of them snarled before I raced out again, approaching the one with black hair and snapping his arm in half. A feral snarl leaked out of his mouth and I felt a cold hand reach out and grab my hair. Still being quick, I threw my leg up, hitting whoever grabbed my hair in the jaw.

I saw Quinn beside me. She threw a punch and the girl and my hair was released. I grabbed the one with black hair and threw him on the ground; the other vampires scattered, weary.

I held my foot on the vampire’s chin, moving his head to the side. I was absolutely disgusted. My back was towards the wolves but I knew they knew who I was. I cocked my head to the side, still staring at the worthless piece of shiny skin.

“Fuck you,” he screamed at me. I spat in his face as I heard a growl from behind me. I was tempted to show Paul my opinion by raising my middle finger, but then I decided against it.

“I’d rather not, bloodsucker.”

With one fluid motion, Helios ripped off the vampire’s right arm. The vampire shrieked again, a high, annoying screech, before I ripped off his other arm, which caused him to scream even more.

“Goddammit, just shut up already!” I sent my foot flying at his face. When I kicked his head off, I felt some slight resistance. I had to start training with Quinn again; I was getting weak.

I shook my head before looking around. Quinn and Conleth were wandering the edges of the meadow, scouting for more vampires. I suddenly folded my legs and sat, Indian style, before I dismembered the body.

“You can come over, you know,” I heard Quinn say to the dogs who stood frozen to the spot. “We don’t bite.”

I snorted a laugh before I ripped the foot off of the leg. The smaller the portions, the quicker it burns.

“I can answer your questions…” Quinn said hesitantly. I listened quietly when I put the pieces of the body in a pile. When the appendages were all stacked up, I went to find the head.

“We have vampire-like power in human form,” Quinn told them. “We have a lot more strength when we’ve shifted, though. And yes, that was a workout and definitely was not as easy as it looked. I’m surprised we were able to take out one. We haven’t trained in such a long time.”

I found the head hiding beneath a blueberry bush outside of the small meadow. I was about a hundred and fifty meters from Quinn and the wolves. I picked it up by the hair and sent it flying towards them before racing out there.

“Thanks, Raynier. That’s absolutely lovely.” She picked up the head by an ear and tossed it into the stack. “You can do the honors, Conleth.”

The little fox stopped rubbing Quinn’s leg and walked over to the stack of appendages. He chewed noisily for five seconds before fire erupted from his mouth and onto the stack of body parts. The body lit up instantly, a cloud of purple smoke choking me.

I heard Quinn laugh and I looked back at the wolves before staring into the blue-white fire.

Using some of the black magic my father taught me, I concealed the flames and the smoke so that your average human wouldn’t see and think there’s a crazy wild fire in the woods.

“Conleth isn’t your average fox,” she said to the wolves. “His name means fire. He has these chemicals in sacs in his throat that ignite with a certain kind of material.”

Conleth spat the material he was chewing into the fire and it sizzled quietly.

“We can tell when Conleth starts a fire because it’s white instead of orange and yellow,” she told them. “The edges are blue while the middle is a silver-ish gray-ish white.”

The wolves nodded in understanding and I just stared into the fire. I didn’t want to face Paul.

I certainly as hell didn’t want an imprint. I didn’t know what I was thinking when I told Quinn I wanted a shifter to imprint on me. I hadn’t seen the world then; I was barely eleven! All I wanted back then was a prince to sweep me off my feet, like every other girl wanted.

Every other girl wanted some cute guy to come and fall in love with her. That’s our dreams still! I don’t need a guy to come save me because I have the ability to save myself, which is why I don’t need an imprint. I don’t need someone to be there for me because I’ll be there for myself. I didn’t need Paul. I didn’t need anyone. Well, maybe my sister. I don’t know what I would do without her.

I scrunched up my face in thought, still staring at the flames. I thought about what Paul said. Why would anyone want an imprint? It isn’t even for love, like everyone says it is. My eyes narrowed as my anger spiked.

“Quinn.” I whispered. The churning in my stomach grew. Something was coming… and it smelled like a vampire.

“They’re coming back?” she said, looking over at me.

I shook my head slowly. “There’s more.”

“What?”

“There’s more then just three this time,” I whispered.

Quinn ran up to me. Helios found my shoulder again as I tensed. I looked back at the wolves.

“There’s more leeches on their way. I don’t know why. But if we need to, we’ll phase and work out a strategy or something,” I muttered. I looked at the ground before turning my head to face the other side of the meadow. My lips almost curled into a snarl.

I found myself in Sam’s head. He was saying to not attack, these vampires were “friendly”. They were the Cullens, the vampires who lived in Forks. I still didn’t like the idea of them being here.

Seven vampires sped up towards us but kept their distance. I felt like crouching slightly, getting ready to phase if I needed to. The vampires stared at the fire.

I think I should do the talking, Raynier, I heard Quinn say in my mind.

I shook my head slightly, careful to not draw attention to myself. I think not. I'll control my tongue, I swear.

“The humans will see this fire,” the tall, blonde one said. He looked older for some reason. He seemed to lead the whole group, the rest of them at his sides.

The wolves were up next to us. One, a silver gray one, looked me dead in the eye and I knew it was Paul. I looked away quickly, towards the vampires again.

The black one shook his head. Sam.

“They can’t see it,” I hissed quietly.

“We can see it perfectly,” the blonde female said snottily.

“Maybe your vampire eyes can, but human eyes can’t,” I hissed back. “We’re not stupid. We’re not gonna light a fire that emits purple smoke in the middle of the day in the woods, Barbie.”

The blonde male stood forward again. “How to you camouflage it?”

I shrugged. “A few words here and there and bam, what do ya know, humans can’t see it.”

They looked at me wearily as I tried to control my anger. I hated vampires. So much. So, so, so, so, so, so, so—well, you get the idea—much.

I felt something push me. Not physically, however. I flinched and pursed my lips. What the hell? I looked over at Quinn who was looking at the vampires. Her eyes traced through all of their faces as she analyzed.

Another push on my mind. What the hell? I would reach into all of the other vampires’ heads to see which one was doing this, but then I would end up dropping my defenses because my reserve didn’t have that much power.

I stared at one vampire. He was blonde and stood in the back, behind a shorter girl with dark, inky hair. He stood there, looking slightly constipated. I narrowed my eyes and looked at the girl. She was staring intently at the fire, so I figured it wasn’t her.

Another shove. I shoved back. Who the hell did they think they were?

I went to the woman next to the lead blonde. She was looking up at him, so it couldn’t be her. The lead blonde was communicating with Sam somehow; it couldn’t be him.

My eyes landed on the tall, buff, dark haired one. He seemed like he could do a lot of damage except for the fact that he was wearing a small smirk, which made him look somewhat cute. God, what the hell was I thinking? These were vampires!

I completely dismissed the blonde. Barbie’s not that talented, really. She couldn’t have had some sort of power that would put her into other people’s minds.

Shove.

I pushed back. The force shoved again and I pushed back even harder, this time sending my mind flying into whoever was trying to get into mine. I saw though his eyes before quickly finding a picture of what he looked like.

Shove.

“Raynier, don’t—” Quinn started.

“You!” I growled at the bronze haired boy. The vampires’ eyes snapped to me. “Get the fuck out of my mind, fuckin’ bloodsucker!”

The vampires’ eyes widened.

“Edward—” the lead blonde started.

Edward shook his head, still staring at me.

I spat near his feet. It was quickly evaporated over the fire, but I didn’t care. As the saying goes, it’s the thought that counts.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?” I asked him. I felt myself starting to shake as I heard a loud bark from beside me, most likely from Paul. I ignored him as usual. “You have no right going into my mind, fuckin’ leech.”

“You have no right to be talking,” he mocked me quietly.

“Ugh!” A tremble went through me again. This leech was going to be the death of me! If he didn’t shut up in about five seconds, I was going to phase and start kicking some glittery butt.

“Excuse us,” I heard Quinn mutter.

She grabbed my arm and I sent my best glare at her. We both knew this was the only way I would calm down without “spilling any blood.” Helios flew off my shoulder and landed near Conleth.

"I hate you, so, so, so much," I told her, rolling my eyes. She shrugged nonchalantly.

My sister strengthened her hold on my arm before she picked me up and started to spin me before sending me flying to a tree. The tree cracked with a huge bam!

I stood up, dusting the twigs and dirt out of my hair before running over to my sister.

“Grassy-ass,” I told her, staring down Edward. “Don’t get in my fucking head again, leech, that was actually painful.”

“You know some strange humans, Sam,” one of them said.

I laughed.

Quinn and I spoke together: “Oh, parasite, we’re anything but human.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Weeeeeeell, it came a bit earlier than planned! I hope you likee(: I got a 98% on my English narrative essay, so I decided to celebrate by postingg(:

I know there's really not that much going on with Paul and Raynier JUST YET, but I promise there will be more romance.... (; I'm planning to put some conversation between the two lovebirds in the next chapter (hint hint).

Oh, and when Raynier says "Grassy-ass" at the very end, she's saying "Gracias" but without the accent. Does that make sense?

I have to go study for my World History Honors essay test now... I'm begging, please, please, please, at least 3 comments before my next update(: Thank you guys so much for readingg, it means the world to me, it really does. :D

(and congratz if you've read this far, hahaha)