Status: Hiatus... sorry guys. :/

Mythology

Stupid Puppy Love.

“Fuckin’ parasite,” I muttered as we followed the wolves back to Sam’s house. What the heck was that vampire thinking, going to my head like that? How dare he? I mumbled a few more incoherent words before we reached the house.

Emily was cooking and fretting, like usual. She let out a breath of relief as we all piled into the small house. Sam took her into his arms and I looked away before snorting. Stupid puppy love. I can’t stand it.

I helped myself to about half a dozen muffins that Emily makes that are amazing and sat down at the table, just eating and thinking. What a strange, strange world. If only, if only. . . .

Apparently, Sam had told the boys to not ask us about what happened. But they kept thinking about it. Shh! Don’t tell Quinn I was tapping them. It was only for, like, five seconds. They kept saying weird things about us, like how we could be like vampires yet supposedly have the ability to phase like them. I just sighed. They would never understand what we went through or who we were. I wasn’t even going to try to explain.

Jared soon went home to Kim, giving my sister and me strange looks before he left. My sister retreated upstairs to shower and Sam and Em decided to go out. So it was just me and the table.

And Paul. You just can’t forget him.

So I sat there, nibbling on the small muffin, when he walks over, pulls a chair out and sits down next to me.

“Can we talk?” he said quietly. I didn’t look at him. Stupid imprint. I hate it so, so, so much.

“Aren’t we?” I replied snottily.

A look crossed his face before he regained himself. “I mean, in private. Can we talk in private?”

I looked down the hall and up the stairs. Of course my sister would eavesdrop on us. I sighed before shoving the rest of the muffin into my mouth and sliding my chair out.

“All right. Let’s go for a walk,” I suggested. Paul stood up slowly, following me out the screen door. I tapped into my sister’s head.

I’m going for a walk.

Oooooooh, you going with Paul?

Quinn, take your fucking shower already.


I blocked her voice from my mind before returning to the real world. Oh, the things I had to say to this boy . . . .

After leaving Sam and Emily’s house, we just walked. We walked around the forest, on the dirt side of the road, until we came to the beach. I smiled a small smile, remembering
Jacob, Embry and Quil. I wondered what they were doing right now.

Paul led me across the sand and to a log. Yeah, that’s right. Just some random log sitting there on the beach. But before we were close enough to sit, he started talking.

“What are you?” he said quietly. I saw him glance at me, but I kept my eyes on the soft, white sand.

“What are you?” I echoed, putting emphasis on a completely different word. My feet buried in the cool sand as we trudged along. As we reached the log, Paul sat, but I stood, staring out across the ocean.

So it was true. I didn’t like what I was. But how uncommon is that? Countless people don’t like who they are. They’re uncomfortable in their own skin, as was I. However, I would like to think of my case a bit more drastic; I was a monster. I was, literally, a killing machine. I had a right to not like what I was because I couldn’t change it.

To be completely and totally honest, I wanted to tell Paul the truth. I waned to tell him everything, to let it all out, to get him to understand my thought process. My sister and I could resist the pull of an imprint, but we could also give into it. Part of me resisted while the other part was giving in.

“I’m what you are,” I said quietly. “I’m just… a more advanced type, per say.”

I didn’t want to look at him, so I stared out over the blue waves. I wasn’t good with talking about this kind of stuff. I’m more of the blunt, straightforward kind of girl, not the one who gets all intimate with her feelings. Gah. This is so stupid. I felt completely ridiculous even thinking about this.

I mean, an imprint? Who the hell wanted an imprint? I’m sure Paul never wanted one, as I recall. Why should someone be forced into this? That’s like rape. If you don’t want it, why the hell should you get it? I didn’t choose this. I didn’t want this. Paul didn’t, either. We have every right to say no to this “imprint”. And I was going to.

“I know how much you doubt me,” Paul said suddenly.

I froze. What? It wasn’t that at all!

“You’ve got it wrong, y’know, it’s not—”

“It’s not me? It’s you?” he chuckled without humor. I was so tempted to tap him, just for two seconds, to know what was going on in his mind. But I had to control myself.

Stupid leech. I have to prove him wrong now. I thought miserably to myself. What the hay? How did I end up having to prove a bloodsucker wrong? Damn.

“No. It’s the imprint.” I muttered. I didn’t want to talk about this. Why did I agree to this walk?

“It’s the imprint’s fault?”

I narrowed my eyes at the water.

“It’s the fucking gene’s fault.” I whispered. I felt the anger boiling in my veins. It’s the gene. It always comes back to the gene. If the gene had never existed, then this would have never happened. I would be a normal girl, with a normal mom, a normal dad, and normal siblings. But no—I just had to get this stupid-ass gene that ruined my life.

“Well, if you really think it’s that way,” Paul said quietly. I don’t think he heard my last comment. I heard him stand up and walk next to me. “I didn’t imprint on you.”

“Lying isn’t good for your conscience.” I smirked. Might as well put some humor in this dull, dull place.

He snorted. “Your conscience must suck then.”

I looked at him. “What are you implying?”

“Go to dinner with me.”

My eyebrows furrowed. “No.” I said without hesitation. I looked away, out to the sea again. What a random subject change. From lying to dating. What the hell was going on in this kid’s head?

“Just one.”

“Absolutely not. I don’t date shifters who’ve imprinted on me.”

“But you’ll date shifters?”

I sighed. “I don’t know,” I said helplessly. I only liked to argue when I chose the topic. Dating shifters was not a topic I particularly enjoyed.

“What do you know?”

“Is this twenty questions or what?” I glanced back at him. He was looking at the ground, most likely thinking. I really wanted to tap him. But I kept my oath.

“Would you go on a date with me?”

I was almost shocked by how blunt and straightforward he was. I had never met anyone like that.

“Wh-what?” I asked. Was this kid crazy?

“A date. One date, that’s all I ask.”

I flinched, looking away. Well, this was awkward. A date? Did I really want to go on a date with the boy that supposedly imprinted on me? An imprint… did I want to risk it and go on a date with him? What if the date turns into something more? What if he just wants to get into my pants?

Thoughts raced through my mind.

“All right,” my lips moved without me controlling them. “I’ll go on a date with you.”

His face lit up and I had to look away. “Okay. Um… this Friday. I’ll pick you up at,” he paused. “I’ll pick you up at six thirty.”

What the hell? There’s no point in arguing about it now.

I let a sigh escape my lips. “Okay.” Stupid puppy love.

---

QUINN

“Shut up, Quinn.”

“A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” I sang, prancing around the small room. My little sister had a date on Friday with the shifter who imprinted on her! This was a huge success for both of them! I had no idea how he could of done it; my little sister was more stubborn than a mule.

“Shut up, Quinn,” Raynier continued her glare at me. I just smiled back. I was happy enough for both her and myself; this was just the thing to keep her sidetracked from my thoughts and what I saw a few days ago.

“All right, Rayne, I’m gonna go raid the kitchen,” I said. “I’ll see you later, girlie.”

“Screw off, Quinn!”

I laughed as I raced down the stairs. Sitting on the table were Emily and Paul. I placed myself in the seat between them, interrupting their conversation.

“I hope you know that you should probably go outside if you don’t want Rayne to hear you,” I told them. They just looked at me. I shrugged. “It’s true.”

“Paul here needs help,” Emily said with a faint smile. “I suppose you’ve heard of the date.”

Paul’s face flushed and I chuckled. “Yeah, I have. I’m not ever gonna let Rayne live it down.”

“Well, Paul needs help deciding what to do for the first date. We were thinking a picnic—”

“Absolutely not,” I said instantly. “Definitely no picnics, at least not yet. Paul, you should know this. Rayne’s different. She’s not one for mushy chick flicks or nail polish or braiding hair. Take her to a burger joint and then to see an action movie. That’s what she’d like best.”

OMNISCIENT

Paul’s eyebrows furrowed. This was news to him. Didn’t all girls like that romantic crap? Picnics on the beach, walking in a meadow of wildflowers?

Quinn’s musical laughter brought Paul back to reality. “I know what you’re thinking,” she said. “And she does like that kind of ‘mushy’ stuff. That is, when you get to that level with her. But right now, she’s gonna be Miss Buff-And-Tuff and going to be a total tom-boy. But when you two get there, she’ll start more with the romantic stuff.”

Still, Paul doubted this. He didn’t doubt Quinn’s idea of the first date for Raynier and him, but still. His mind had a hard time latching around the idea that she didn’t show her romantic side. Didn’t all girls like to be romantic?

Quinn laughed again. “You’re really funny, Paul, but trust me. Just take her to the movies. See an action or a comedy, never a horror.”

“That’s cheating,” shouted a voice from down the hall. Paul froze instantly. Raynier. Had she heard everything?

“I hate you, Quinn,” Raynier called. “Go to hell—ouch!” They heard a muted thud.

RAYNIER

“That did not hurt,” Sam said. “No cursing in this house.” I rubbed the back of my head where he whacked me. If it was not for my amazing self-control, I would have punched him in the stomach and he’d be falling down the stairs by now. Hmph.

“Speak for yourself,” I mumbled. “You cuss all the time.” So not fair. I can’t cuss at all, but he can? Yeah, I think not.

Sam sighed. He knew what he was getting into, but he still decided to argue with me. What a loser. “When I’m not in the house.”

“You’re a potty mouth! You just admitted it.”

“Speak for yourself,” he mocked me. I made a face at him before walking down to the kitchen and pulling a piece of garlic bread out of the oven.

Sam gave me a look. “What are you doing?”

“Eating,” I replied with a mouthful of yummy cheese and garlic bread. “It’s really good, Emily.”

“Thanks, Rayne, but you might want to save it for later,” Emily laughed. I shrugged.

“What can I say? I’m a growing girl. I need to eat. Though I prefer protein, not carbohydrates.”

“Put that back, Raynier,” I heard my sister say with exasperation. “You’re such a hog.”

I thought about it for about a second. “Okay.” I took the half eaten slice of bread and started to put it down on the tray with the rest of the bread. Sam put his hand out right before I could, though, catching it as I dropped it.

“Wait—no—don’t put that back there, Raynier,” Sam rolled his eyes, taking the bread. “I feel like I’m talking to a two-year-old.” He was about to throw it in the trash when I grabbed it from him again and stuffed it in my mouth.

Emily walked into the kitchen and Sam grabbed her instantly.

“Good god, my virgin eyes,” I muttered, putting my hand over my eyes to block myself from seeing them make out. “Why do you do this to me?” I walked over into the dining room where my sister and Paul were talking quietly. “Cheater, cheater, eat a wiener,” I sang as I sat down on the other side of my sister. I giggled before speaking up again. "That's what she said."

OMNISCIENT

Paul just stared at the girl. He didn’t know how to react around her; she was so different, and just by looking at her, he felt awkward. He was rendered speechless by the imprint and it was taking a toll.

What a strange, strange girl.

---

Isabella Swan gasped lightly as she awoke.

She was still on the plane flight from Arizona to Washington to see her father, Charlie.
Bella shook her head lightly, trying to shake the nightmare, but it replayed in her head.

She was standing in the middle of the forest. She didn’t know why she was here, but she knew that she was. She could smell the salt and hear the waves crashing against the rocky shore nearby, so she was around the ocean.

That’s not the main thing Bella noticed, though. There was a girl standing in front of her.

“Jake,” Bella called out, not taking her eyes off of the girl before her. Who was Jake? Bella didn’t know him; maybe there were a few Jacob’s at her school in Arizona, but none that really struck her fancy. They were just people that went to the same school she did.

“Who are you?” The girl sneered. She narrowed her cloudy blue eyes and brushed her brown hair out of her face before crossing her arms over her chest.

When Bella looked at the girl, she thought one thing: scary. The girl’s body language screamed defensive while her eyes were like the burning blue flames from bonfires they had at the beach in La Push. She stood at around six foot two inches with long, muscular legs and a somewhat developed chest. Her skin looked fair and smooth, with not a pimple in sight. A few freckles crossed the girl’s cheeks and nose, but nothing too noticeable. She was wearing a simple blue tank-top that clung to her figure and jean shorts; no shoes in sight.

“Who are you?” Bella answered back quietly.

“None of your business, sweetcheeks,” The girl snarled. “God, you reek,” she commented. “Too fucking sweet.”

Bella instantly sniffed the air. What was so weird about the way she smelled? Like Edward—wait. Who was Edward? Why did she know an Edward?

“I’m Bella,” she said.

“I don’t care,” the girl replied.

When they made eye contact, the world stopped. The girl’s mouth opened and her eyes widened. Her pupils dilated and Bella started to freak out. However, the girl spoke.


Those three words rang in Bella’s ears even as she got off the plane.

“You started it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
All right... school has gotten to me.

I was doing my geometry homework when I had a mental breakdown. Luckily, I just had to write a bit and baaaam! I was okay. Stupid hormones.

I didn't update within a week, like I promised you guys! O:} I feeel sooooo bad! /: Sooo, I just made this chapter a bit longer. (:

Feedback would be amaaazing, darlinggs.

Thanks for readingg!