Status: Hiatus... sorry guys. :/

Mythology

Reservoir.

RAYNIER

The whole upper half of my body shot up, the covers pooling around my waist. I sucked in a deep breath as a sweat drop dripped between my eyes. I needed to get moving. I couldn’t go back to sleep after that dream.

My sister was snoring across the room in her bed and the small amount of sunlight made the room glow. I quickly got up to close the curtains when I saw the stars. My guess? Maybe four thirty in the morning. I looked over my shoulder real fast, seeing Quinn still fast asleep.
I quickly stripped my loose t-shirt and baggy shorts, tying them loosely around my ankle. I left my underwear on, so don’t get any ideas. I pushed the window open and slid through the small opening.

I landed on my feet, barely feeling the impact. I sprinted into the woods at my unnatural speed before I reached to the back of my mind.

Looking for the reservoir was like looking through a labyrinth. Every wrong turn leads you to a dead end, and you had to get to the water as quickly as you could or else you’d stay trapped in your mind.

My body stood at the edge of the woods, eyes closed, but my consciousness was slowly sinking as I looked for the reservoir.

After what seemed like endless searching, I found it. The water was crystal blue; it looked clear with snow white sand beneath. The lake extended as far as I could see, the end shrouded in fog. Everything else was black. The scenery was black, the ground (before it touched the water) was black, and the sky was black. I’ve never seen the end of the reservoir because I have never reached that far into my head. I didn’t dare look behind me; it would send me pummeling back into the labyrinth.

I put the tips of my fingers into the waters before bringing my fingers to my face. I took my index and middle finger and traced my forehead before putting lines under my eyes, on my cheeks.

The wolf walked out over the water. It was standing at around sixteen hands, about the size of a horse. It’s shaggy white fur made it look like three different sized cotton balls, but its eyes glimmered gold.

It walked across the water before sitting three yards from me, still somehow floating on the water. It took one look at me, bared its fangs in a growl, and leaped towards me.

Back in reality, I started running. I was the white wolf now, and I needed to go do something to get that dream out of my head.

What could it mean? I thought to myself. I hadn’t had dreams like these in a long time, a year or so before the fire. Something big always happened right after I had a dream, so I knew something was coming. I just didn’t know what.

I don’t remember what the girl looked like. I don’t remember how her voice sounded. All I could recall was that she spoke two words, “Jake” and “Bella.” I couldn’t shake the feeling that she said more, but I tried my best to shrug it off.

Who was she talking about? Jake, like Jacob? Could she be talking about Jacob Black? I didn’t know any other Jacobs. Bella. Was that her name? Or was she trying to talk to someone else, too?

I whined in frustration, throwing my right paw against a tree. The tree cracked on impact and started swaying. I rolled my eyes and mentally kicked myself. Throwing punches around here wasn’t a very smart idea.

A thought came to my head. If a tree fell in the middle of the forest with no one around, would it make a sound? I snorted to myself. Of course the tree would make a sound; there was just no one there to hear it.

I continued trotting through the forest, trying to wear myself out. At this rate, it would take me about six hours to dip into my stamina. I couldn’t go any faster than this little trot or else my over-sized adrenaline glands would start kicking in and I’d have even more energy.

A familiar smell hit my nose and even though I wanted to burst out running, I kept my steady pace, but this time my head was raised, ears pricked and nose constantly twitching. I followed the trail to the source of the scent.

I was really pushing my luck; I stood at the edge of the woods, near a main road. My eyes scanned the pavement before I found the source of the scent.

Jacob, Embry and Quil were walking along the street, occasionally laughing and shoving one another.

I swiftly followed them, keeping my distance but staying within hearing range.

“Sophomore year… we’re not gonna be much different, are we?” Quil said with a bored tone. “Just a year older, but in the end, it’s the same old shit every day.”

I couldn’t see them, but I’m pretty sure Jake and Embry shrugged.

Embry spoke up, “Who knows? Maybe something awesome will happen this year.”

“Like you finally getting laid?” Jake muttered. “That would take a miracle.”

I snorted back my laughter.

“Whoa,” Embry said, stopping. I instantly froze, one of my paws in the air. “Did you hear that?” I heard the rest of the boys come to a slow stop.

Through the brush, I was able to see Jake’s face, Embry’s shoulder, and Quil’s arm. They all shifted slightly, looking around.

“What the hell are you talking about, Embry?”

“I swear,” Embry said quietly. I saw his neck straining slightly as he moved his head
around, looking at the trees. “I swear I heard something.”

Oh shit. His hearing… he’s gonna phase soon. I hope Sam’s keeping an eye on him. I thought, my eyes glued on the boys.

“What are you talking about, Embry? I think you imagined it,” Quil said.

Jake nodded. “You’re going crazy, Em. I didn’t hear anything.”

Just to tease him a bit, I whined lightly. All three heads snapped towards me.

Oh shit. The genes were gonna activate soon; normal people wouldn’t have been able to hear that. I just wanted to tease Embry, but all three boys heard me. God, Sam’s gonna kill me for this.

Jake instantly marched into the woods and towards me. I skidded backwards a few paces before I sat down and stared up at them as they walked through the brush.

JACOB

Jacob stared at the white wolf. It was so deadly, yet so elegant looking. Its fur was as white as snow and its eyes shimmered gold.

The boys’ breathing became deeper and faster as the wolf moved. It stood and just stared at the boys. They were so star struck they could not look away. The wolf seemed to be about the size of a horse, maybe a little smaller, with fuzzy ears and huge paws.

“Hey, doggie,” Jake said softly.

The wolf threw its head back, shaking its fur. It lowered its head, still looking at the boys, and took two steps forward. The boys didn’t dare move a muscle and it moved once again.
Jacob felt the urge to sit down. He glanced at the ground before slowly sliding to a crouching position, his eyes locked with this amazing white wolf.

Embry and Quil soon followed suit.

The wolf approached them slowly, its head still down, before it reached Jacob. It slowly reached out to Jacob’s face and licked his cheek once before taking a step back and putting it’s head on Jake’s knee. Jacob’s hand found its way into the coarse overcoat on the wolf’s neck, but soon tangled with the soft undercoat. He watched as Embry and Quil’s hands stroked the wolf’s neck and shoulders.

He was amazed. Jacob couldn’t believe such a thing existed; and he wasn’t crazy, either, because Embry and Quil were right next to him, doing the exact thing he was. Jacob’s eyes took in the wolf completely, and he thought he saw a gray cloth attached to it’s back leg, but he shrugged it off; he was probably just seeing things.

They don’t know how long they sat there for, just the boys and the white wolf. A soft howl erupted from the quiet forest and the wolf suddenly pulled away. Jacob startled a bit, falling from his crouching position to his butt.

The wolf glanced over its shoulder, to the left, before looking back at the boys. It put its ears to the side, a sign of happiness, and playfully nudged Jacob’s shoulder before giving him another lick on his ear and cheek.

The wolf bounded into the forest, leaving three stunned boys—and some of her white fur—behind.

---

RAYNIER

I ignored the howl that echoed off the trees in the forest. My sister was looking for me, but I told her to screw off. Instead, I found my way up a huge hill to a small area where there were no trees—however, at the end of that small area, the hill stopped suddenly and there was nothing but water below.

I moved away from that area and to another smaller, more secluded one near it. It was the same thing as the first one, though, with a sudden and sheer drop to the water.

Concealed in the trees, I phased back, quickly throwing some clothes on. I walked to the edge of the cliff and looked down. A falling sensation filled my stomach and I sat on the edge, my feet dangling over, looking out to where the sky would meet the ocean.

I was there for maybe an hour and a half when I heard someone approaching me. The smell was familiar, and I knew who it was, but I decided not to acknowledge them just yet.
The person sat beside me, dangling their feet over the edge as I was. Our arms touched and I could feel the heat radiating between us.

“Your sister is worried sick.”

I snorted. “No, she’s not. She doesn’t worry that badly about me. She knows I can hold my own.”

“She’s not worried about you holding your own,” Paul said. “At least, that’s not what she said.”

I froze. What did Quinn tell them now?

“She said she’s worried about you because last time you snuck away in the early morning like this, something huge happened to you two. She didn’t say if it was a good thing or a bad thing, but she’s worried.” Paul shrugged.

I made a face, not looking at him, but still staring at the blue.

A melody popped into my head and the words came to the back of my throat. “I’m going to sing, okay? It's an impulse thing,” I warned Paul. "Don't laugh at my voice."

He shot me a look out of the corner of his eye but said, “Okay. Go ahead.”

“Meet me here beneath the burning skies,” I whispered. “Where the ocean comes to take us away from all of our lies. Never said that you were coming back, I have waited although I have found a place to hide.”

When I didn’t continue, Paul spoke up.

“What song is that?”

I shook my head. “Don’t worry about it. Let’s go. My sister’s gonna kill me. Fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't kill me for making it such a filler!! I had suuuch a hard time figuring out the ending to this chapter. I'm really working on it, but I don't want to get to a huge event just yet. Well, the date between Paul and Raynier is important, but there's other stuff that's even bigger.

Please just bare with me. I'm having trouble keeping up with these at least once a week updates, especially now because basketball's getting into season and I have another story to work on, too. It's about Jacob Black. <3 It's called "Walk On Water Or Drown". Go check it out, yaa hear?

(: Thanks for reading you guys! <3