Status: Updates Will Be At Random Times. Just A Heads Up.

I Hope You Like The Stars I Stole For You

Four

“Why don’t you come sit with us?” He asked me, for once there was no cocky smile or smirk on his face. It was just a simple question of weather or not I should join him and his friends and sip my coffee casually as we all engaged in conversation... At least that was what I would have expected to happen. I took another sip of my coffee and pondered further into his question and all it’s possibilities.

“You’re taking too long to answer. It’s not a hard question darlin’, or maybe I should ask in African?” Back to the smirk.

“First... I realize that. But I’d prefer to ponder my options. Second, I’m probably more fluent in English than you are darlin’.” I said, mocking his accent. “Oh, and I’ll be taking you up on that offer.”

Maybe his friends were more civil than he was. Somehow I highly doubted it. But what did I have to lose? With my charming wit and black coffee I was perfectly capable to conquer any immature comment thrown my way.

Jonah stuck out his hand, like he was going to escort me to the table. I rolled my eyes and walked past him to the six men in the corner that were just staring at me and their friend.

“Well let me make the introductions!” He called to me. I took a deep breath and made eye contact with the coffee shop girl at the counter and mouthed the words ‘help me’ with a monotone look on my face. She giggled a little, obviously not going to help with the situation I just got myself into.

I was introduced to each of them. These men I was positive I would never see again, but I made an effort to remember their names for the time being. There was a Jack, John, Shawn, Gabe... Reid. What was it with all the one syllable names?

“... and this here is Ottaviano. But we just call him Otto.”

I turned to face the one Jonah just mentioned. “So you got stuck with the long name?” He smiled and nodded. “I’m Samira by the way.”

They all gave various signs of greeting and acknowledgment towards me, then went back to the casual conversation they were having before I arrived. Although, the one who’s name I remembered as Gabe, was staring at me like he was trying to figure something out.

“What’s that look for?” I laughed lightly at him. Then I took another sip of my coffee.

“You’re not from England are you?” He had a slight french accent. It was very different that the french I was used to so I guessed maybe he was Canadian. Though he spoke English very well.

“What do yeh know Gabe? You not even from England ya facking Canuck.” Another spoke up. His name was Jack.

“You don’t think I know that dumb ass? I was referring to the fact that her accent actually sounds different than anyone I’ve met here and her inability to count the currency.”

“When did tha’ come up?”

Gabe and Jonah rolled their eyes.

“When she was buying her coffee. Let’s face it, I’m just more observant than you.”

Jack just shrugged. Jonah sat down in his seat and left me on my feet beside the two bickering men. I took a quick look around and noticed there was no seat for me. Apparently my rude neighbour noticed this because before I knew it I was sitting in Jonah James’s lap with his hands on my hips, keeping me in place.

I turned and gave him an odd look. There was no need to touch me. But still, I stayed put and didn’t protest. Jonah started tapping his fingers lightly over my sides.

“You’re right by the way.” I said to Gabe. “I’m not from here.” Jonah’s tapping stopped. Gabe gave Jack a look that said ‘I told you so’.

“And were is it what your from?”

“South Africa.” I said smoothly, taking another sip of my coffee.

“What the hell?” Jonah exclaimed from behind me. “You’ve been keeping that from me since last night! And these pricks get to know right off the bat? That’s just unfair...”

“If you want to get technical, I’d been keeping that from you since this morning. Remember? Four in the morning? Lovely time...”

“Way to be suggestive Sam.” He said winking at me.

“Samira.” I corrected him.

“What?”

I shook my head, brushing off the idea of him calling me Sam. No one that I’d just met was allowed to call me Sam. This guy, however reoccurring and gorgeous he might be, was now different that anyone else I’ve met.

“Well... I’m from Québec.” Gabe grinned at me.

“Don’t we all know it...” Shawn grumbled. Obviously this was a topic that had come up before. I, however, enjoyed the fact that he spoke french. That was one language that I enjoyed speaking very much.

Fantastique, ce que cela signifie que nous sommes les seules personnes ici qui parlent français?” I asked him smiling deviously.

Mais bien sûr, mademoiselle.” He winked at me.

“You speak french?” Jonah whispered in my ear; then wrapping his arms further around my waist. My body stiffened up as he did so.

“Please don’t assume that you need to know everything about me Jonah.” I whispered back. At that moment my cell phone began to vibrate in my back pocket. Jonah immediately let out a cry of surprise that slight sounded like a chirping penguin. I laughed and stood up beside the table and pulled out my phone. The name on the caller ID was ‘Unknown’. I decided to answer anyways.

“Hello?”

“Mira?” I held my breath. My eyes widened. I could barely make out his voice it was so quiet on the other line. But it was unmistakeably who I thought it was. He was the only one that called me ‘Mira’.

“Why are you calling me?” I spoke up, almost yelling at him. I walked away from the group of men and went outside. It might have been rude of me but I was sure they didn’t want me yelling in their faces.

“I just... wanted you hear your voice.”

“Way to lie Aaron. What do you want?” If there was one person I’ve met in my life who was more persistent and irritating than my new neighbour Jonah, it was Aaron.

“A visit. We haven’t talked in so long sweetheart.” His voice was almost soothing. But I knew better than that. Much better...

“Why would I do that?” I hissed at him. He just chuckled at me. That evil, maniacal chuckle.

“I’ll see you soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE! YAY!
I suck.

Anyways, thank you to THE_MoJo for commenting! <3