Status: Complete.

Teenage Dream

You Think I'm Funny

My boot heels clicked as I walked through the bright blue building just outside of Laguna that I called my second home. Pushing open multiple doors I smiled seeing Matt and Val cuddling on the couch of the main recording room while Brian spun slowly around in the office chair by the sound board. I nodded to the couple dropping my bag by the door and grabbing the armrests as Brian spun around again.

He blinked as he came to a sudden halt in front of me and smiled seeing my face, “Hey!” he grinned standing only to stumble slightly at his loss of balance. I giggled and grabbed his forearms automatically blushing like I always did when I came in physical contact with him. He smiled in thanks before wrapping his arms around me in a warm hug making me breathe in his scent of Drakkar and cigarettes; I smiled into his chest my hands pressed into his muscular back as I returned the gesture.

As he pulled away I turned hopefully avoiding his gaze where he would notice my red cheeks, I purposefully stumbled before gathering myself knowing that I could pass off the redness as embarrassment. I heard Brian chuckle from behind me and I blushed even more know that I was actually embarrassed. I plopped down on the couch beside Val slowly taking off my jacket revealing the plain white tank top underneath, Matt leaned over kissing the side of my head in greeting before leaning back to cuddle with his wife.

I bit my lip watching Brian talk with Fred at the soundboard, he had been off these past couple weeks since him and Michelle were fighting. Val was the one to usually come to me when they fought because they lived next door to each other and the fighting drove her nuts. Brian usually came to her house and Val went to theirs to make the peace, I really didn’t understand the problem. Brian wanted kids Michelle didn’t. It was pretty obvious that neither one of them would ever be happy with the other since one would have to break, I had a feeling it would be Brian.

It was sad because I knew he loved babysitting Brent’s two year old son Kale, he was born to be a father and his fiancé had taken that from him. I sighed rubbing my forehead, I remember once when Val and I were out to lunch I mistakenly told Val that I wanted kids in the future when we were complaining about Brian and Michelle’s fighting.

These days she doesn’t even try and help them make up, not that she’s breaking them up per say but I can tell while Matt’s consoling Brian, Val’s telling Michelle to move on cause they would never be happy. On one hand she’s right but then again I still can’t get over the fact that she would rather me be with Brian then her own sister. Sure we’ve all known each other since 9th grade and sure I may have had a crush on Brian since Senior Year but that really didn’t matter now that we were all nearing our thirties slowly but surely and things were definitely different.

I sure as hell was, instead of the shrimp of I stick in high school I had filled out almost too much with C cups and an hourglass figure to match. I slapped Val’s hand away as she waved it in front of my face and stuck my tongue out childishly, laughing I looked to soundboard blinking when Fred called my name.

“Yeah?” I said snorting as Val pushed Matt’s wandering hands away from her lap making him pout.

“You wanna look over the Dream track? I added the backup vocals and it sounds cool.” He nodded and I ran my tongue over my teeth a nervous habit I was prone to doing.

“You wrote a new song?” Val sounded excited and I smiled at her enthusiasm.

“It’s nothing.” I waved my hand, “I’ll listen to it later Fred.” I nodded gulping as Brian looked over at me. Usually I was all up for sharing my songs with the group since I loved their input being the rock stars they were, but this song was much more personal to me than others and I had a feeling Val wouldn’t be the only one understanding to the lyrics.

“Let’s hear that song Fred.” Brian grinned at me and I frowned.

“Bri, no-” I started but he waved me off with a flick of his hand. “Come on, it can’t be that bad.” He laughed turning back to the soundboard. I sucked on my lip nervous as Fred fiddled around with the buttons, Val nudged me with a questioning look and I shook my head staring forward as the music started.

You think I'm pretty
Without any makeup on

Brian smiled over at me and I looked into my lap blushing, I heard Val mutter a shit under her breath and smiled lightly knowing she understood.

You think I'm funny
When I tell the punchline wrong
I know you get me
So I let my walls come down, down

I swallowed weaving my hands together as the lyrics floated around the room embarrassing me even more, like I needed everyone to know that I had this ridiculous schoolgirl crush on my best friend since tenth grade.

Before you met me
I was alright but things
Were kinda heavy
You brought me to life
Now every February
You'll be my valentine, valentine

I stood not wanting to stay for the next line knowing that I would probably start crying in embarrassment, “Winnie-” I heard Val start but I ignored her walking out of the room as I heard my voice start again.

Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance, until we die
You and I, we'll be young forever

You make me feel like I'm livin' a
Teenage dream
The way you turn me on
I can't sleep
Let's run away and
Don't ever look back
Don't ever look back

After the chorus Val came out and pulled me into a hug from where I leaned against the wall outside, “I’m sorry honey I should have known-” I cut her off. “It’s fine Val know he probably thinks I’m an idiot and that’s okay.” I looked down laughing with no humor. “Probably always has anyway.” I mumbled hearing the door open again letting my voice float through louder than before.

My heart stops
When you look at me
Just one touch
Now baby I believe
This is real
So take a chance and
Don't ever look back
Don't ever look back

“I don’t think you’re an idiot.” I heard Brian’s voice and I swallowed my gasp looking over at him standing by the door letting the music float out, he nodded to Val and she quickly made her way through the door closing it behind her making the music quieter.

We drove to Cali
And got drunk on the beach
Got a motel and
Built a fort out of sheets
I finally found you

I breathed through my nose looking down again as he walked over to stand in front of me, I could feel his body heat from how close he was and I gulped fiddling with my fingers. His warm hands grabbed mine and I couldn’t help the gasp that escaped my lips as he weaved our fingers together, I smiled at this, out hands always fit so great together.

My missing puzzle piece
I'm complete

Brian chuckled, “It always amazes me that you live in sunny California and your hands are always freezing.”He murmured smiling down at me as I looked up into his brown eyes.

Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance, until we die
You and I, we'll be young forever

“The fact that you think that I think you’re an idiot is laughable. You’re my best friend Win, why would I look at you any differently than I do?” he questioned confused moving his hands with his words making mine gesture with his.

I clenched my hands forgetting that they were connected to his and looked down squeezing my eyes shut so tears couldn’t escape; I swallowed the lump in my throat wishing that he would have never come out here and that he had never heard the song. His words knocked the breath out of me as he confirmed my thoughts of him never thinking of me as more than a friend.

You make me feel like I'm livin' a
Teenage dream

Being Brian he brought me to his chest when he realized what was happening, “Winnie baby what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” he asked confused as I tried not to sob into his chest. I pushed away from him rolling my eyes I shook my head backing away from him when he tried to grab me again.

“No Brian I should go.” I said walking around him and trying to fast walk to the exit. His hand on my arm stopped me and I grunted in frustration that he was making me go through this as he turned me around.

“Win, don’t go you gotta tell me what’s wrong. Come on.” He pleaded peeking down into my face trying to search my eyes. I didn’t understand how he could read people so well yet they way I felt was a mystery to him, I shook my head.

“Brian, just let me go it’s complicated-” I started trying to pull away.

The way you turn me on
I can't sleep
Let's run away and
Don't ever look back
Don't ever look back

“Now you’re pulling the complicated card? Come on Win don’t bullshit me.” He argued still holding my arm as I pulled.

“Dammit Brian!” I yelled landing a solid hit onto his chest as he wouldn’t let me go. He didn’t move, “You can hit me all you want but that doesn’t mean you’re goin’ anywhere.” He stated quietly obviously trying to calm me down.

“You just- You just don’t get it Bri.” I practically whispered looking up at him. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and his cupid bow lips pulled into a frown, “Winnie, whatever it is just tell me-” he said gesturing with his free hand. I blew a short breath and leaned up capturing my lips with his making him quiet.

My heart stops
When you look at me
Just one touch
Now baby I believe
This is real
So take a chance and
Don't ever look back
Don't ever look back

I was about to pull away when Brian’s hand suddenly let go of my arm and wound its way around my waist. I gasped into his mouth as his other hand clutched the back of my neck tangling his long fingers into my hair as his lips moved feverently against mine. I couldn’t breathe; it was like Brian was breathing for me as he brought my body closer to his causing my hand to wrap around his neck while the other rested on his chest feeling his fast heartbeat on my palm.

My lungs burned as he eventually tore our lips apart leaning his forehead against mine breathing hard, I was panting while staring at his face so close to mine. His eyes were closed as he breathed deeply eventually leaning forward and gently kissing my lips once more making my eyes slip shut. Our lips moved together slowly, such a change from our first kiss.
Our first kiss.

It made me smile into his lips at the thought that I was actually kissing Brian, he felt my smile and pulled away bumping our noses together his brown eyes meeting my grey ones. He grinned pecking my lips again before pressing out foreheads together giving me Eskimo kisses.

“You’re my Teenage Dream.” He whispered making me smile and lean forward starting the motion all over again.

I'mma get your heart racing
In my skin-tight jeans
Be your teenage dream tonight
Let you put your hands on me
In my skin-tight jeans
Be your teenage dream tonight
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is my first one shot...EVER. Anyway, hope you like this was obviously based on Katy Perry's new song Teenage Dream cause I fell in love with it. Alright, since no one reads my profile and some people might actually read this I'm tellin' everyone what's going on through here. I have two stories on the go. Stare: Chapter Four the redone one will be going up next week, anything after that is a mystery since school starts on Tuesday. Taking Chances: This story will be slow going at the start and will hopefully get faster. Now ladies and gentlemen I'm sorry to say my updates will be slower because I'm getting a job, going back to school and I will be doing Drivers Ed so please don't virtually kill me capeesh??

comment please

P.S. If you guys have any story suggestions I'll take them :D