OCD a way of living if you can call it that.

Chapter 1

Its early Sunday morning and I’m lying in bed staring up at my ceiling, its something that I do often. It’s the time I use to think about the events ahead, to plan my day to make sure that it will run smoothly. After figuring out that I now need to move out of my bed to start my morning routine I notice that my curtains are now slightly parted. That isn't how I left them before I went to bed last night, I know this because I always make sure that the curtains meet exactly in the middle, there are no drafts in my room, the window is not open and I would have been aware of having not shut them properly. Its just not how curtains are supposed to be, its doesn't look right if they are even slightly agape. I am unable to think of any explanation for them being like this.

After I have showered, brushed, flossed, cleaned down the sink, washed my hands and made sure that all the shampoo bottles are perfectly lined up and spaced equal distances apart, I go downstairs for my breakfast. I get to the bottom step being careful to not make a sound, and go to the door that leads to the kitchen, every door must be opened and closed twice after using it, otherwise how do you know whether or not it is shut properly? After eating my toast that’s cut into equal half’s, a nice neat line down the middle. I go upstairs to get changed into my everyday wear, making sure that the gold buttons on my denim miniskirt are all align, I tuck in my white crop top and then dry and straighten my hair to perfection. Then I start my daily cleaning, this is the best part of my day, when I organize all of my things into size order, and make sure that nothing is on any of my surfaces and are all put away in their labeled boxes that are stored in built in my wardrobe.

As I walk over to my window to begin its weekly clean, I hear my dad emerging from his room. He comes to my door and opens It looking inside pulling a disgusted face. He thinks that my cleanness is unhealthy and that I should get some help, but I refuse, there is nothing wrong with me. Ever since my mum died cleaning has become my only escape, I don’t think its unhealthy. He just looks into my eyes for a few seconds shakes his head and then leaves, we barely ever talk anymore, when we do its only because we have to. I immediately go to my bathroom cupboard to retrieve my anti-bacterial wipes and wipe down my door handle, it’s the only way to remove the germs.