OCD a way of living if you can call it that.

Chapter 2

Most of my day Involves cleaning and sorting the kitchen out downstairs to make sure that my dad hadn't messed anything up or made anything dirty. As I’m walking to the local shop I feel a strange sensation, almost as though someone is watching me. I got all the way to the shop, not touching a single crack in the pavement and walked In to be confronted with a foul odor that turned out to be the old man, stood drooling by the magazine section (two guesses at which magazines) the smell was a mix of B.O and stale urine. I retched and held my nose, hurrying to the back of the shop were they keep cleaning products using my sleeve to pick up the disinfectant that I was looking for. Holding my nose again I went to the counter, the woman behind it gave me an odd look but didn't’t question me. I paid and then using my sleeve I opened the door and headed home. That’s when I got the feeling again, like goose bumps on the back of my neck, someone was watching me, I was sure of it. I just walked faster not caring if I stepped on the cracks, just wanting to get home quicker. When I’m in viewing distance of my house my pace quickens, there’s a light on in the living room meaning dad is there, I focus on that as I run harder. Knowing that I will be safe when I get there is all that matters to me now. The goose bumps feeling is just as strong as it was before, which means that whatever is following me is still there, I will not look back. I do not want to see. I don’t want to confirm the strange feeling, because if I do it will make it real. It is not real.

I reach my front door and throw it open closing it securely behind me, for once I don’t open and shut it twice. As I walk to the living room adrenalin is still pumping through my veins, my dad notices the perspiration on my forehead as I peer at him through the door. I can tell he notices, but he doesn't say anything he just looks back at the TV. I wander upstairs, and go straight to my room opening and closing the door twice, turning my light on and off twice. Then go to my bathroom and get straight into the shower, I cant cope with the sweaty feeling a moment longer, I spend double the amount of time I usually do making sure that there is nothing left to remind me of my terrifying experience. I put it out of my mind.