‹ Prequel: The Way I Loved You

Lovers Lost In Space

You're Making It Hard To Breathe

I promised her I'd let her go and let her live the life she wanted and deserved. Yet here she was, intertwining her fingers together nervously. Everything she was doing brought back the memory of when I let her walk out of our lives. 

"Mia, will-will you marry me?" Mia sat at the edge of the bed her blue eyes swimming with water making them look like the ocean. 
Just when I thought those were tears of joy, my surroundings began to make sense. The suit cases weren't for our family vacation. She finally made it clear as to why she was leaving

I'd spent endless nights lying to Gracie that Mia would be back. Some nights I wouldn't sleep, I stayed up regretting ever letting her walk out, not fighting to keep her here. 

Yet here I stood in the door way of the bedroom waiting for her to answer my only question I had. Why?

"I-I-I missed Gracie." Mia's voice was strained to keep herself from breaking down. 
Deep down I wished she said she had missed me as well, but missing Grace was good enough for me.  

She sat on the edge ofour my bed, her face was pale and blotchy from crying, her hair was up in a messy bun loose blonde hair falling out of her now brown hair. 

Seeing her, like this made my heart swell and lodge itself in my throat making it hard to breathe. At the same time it made me fall in love with her all over again. I just wanted to kiss her all over and hold her close to my chest and whisper that everything was going to be alright, that I forgave her and loved her with all my heart. 

I couldn't only because I wasn't the kind of life she wanted, and from what I had learned about Mia was she had never been surrounded by kids and wouldn't know what to do with them. With Grace though, her heart was placed into the hands of my two year old. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Please?