Status: New :)

Don't Change For Anyone

Who do you think you are, running 'round leaving scars?

“Dude, where were you and Garrett today? It’s like you two disappeared off the face of the Earth until after school.” May and I walked side by side in the hall, occasionally stopping to say hi to someone.

“Well, after you walked into Chemistry, he crashed into me on the stairs. We were unfortunately stuck in the nurse’s office together all day.”

“How is that unfortunate? You got to miss class all freakin’ day!”

“Garrett really does hate me. I asked him in the nurse’s office and he called me a greedy, self-centered slut.” I pushed open the double doors leading to the student parking lot, letting May through first before following her to my car.

“He said that? The guy doesn’t even know you!”

“That’s what I said!” We got into my car and I turned the key in the ignition, my car roaring to life. I sped out of school and May pointed to the right. I changed lanes and turned right instead of left.

“Well the guys and I will be there to make sure he doesn’t say anything like that again. That’s so not like Garrett to say something like that though. It’s weird.” I shrugged and focused on the road. May played around with the radio a few times, changing stations whenever a commercial came on.

“Turn right, then go straight. Kenny’s house is the yellow one.” I followed her directions and pulled up in front of the house. There were about 4 other cars in front of his house, meaning we were the last to get here.

May walked through the door without even knocking and I followed her down a flight of stairs and into a large basement; all the instruments set up in one area and a couch and coffee table set in front of that. Everyone was crowded around the coffee table, going over some music stuff May and I knew nothing about. Kennedy turned away from the group and ran over to May, enveloping her in a hug. I walked over to the couch and put my bag on the floor, taking a seat. I looked around at everyone in the room. May and Kennedy were talking in hushed tones to each other, John was talking animatedly, Jared was nodding at the appropriate moments, and Pat was looking extremely confused, his head cocked to the side. My eyes stopped on Garrett who was, once again, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs, resting my elbow on my knee and my chin in the palm of my hand. May came skipping over no too long after, and the guys started band practice.

May and I attempted to work for five minutes before she wasn’t even paying attention. Her gaze stayed locked on Kennedy as he played, occasionally looking up and smiling lovingly at her, which she returned with a bat of her long eyelashes and a blinding smile. A rush of jealousy ran through me when I looked over at May. Her golden ringlets sat perfectly on the middle of her back and her aqua eyes sparkled in the smallest bit of light. She always had creamy, flawless skin and straight teeth that looked bleached, but weren’t. She was a perfect 5’4 and was naturally slender with legs that seemed to go on forever. She really was beautiful. The only reason she wasn’t fawned over was because she was definitely hard to get, despise her appearance.

Now that I thought about it, we were almost complete opposites. She has curly blonde hair and aqua eyes, and I have straight brown hair and hazel eyes. She is 5’4 and naturally skinny, I’m 5’6 and I have to work for a body like hers. She likes the top forties and steady relationships, I like underground rock and hook-ups. She’s gorgeous and hard to get (not to mention taken), and I’m average and easy (and single). Our personalities clash as well.

“-Lia? Helloooo?” I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to May. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me off the couch and up the stairs into the kitchen.

“What’s up, Buttercup?”

“Garrett was staring at you.”

“I told you he hated me! Now will you believe me?”

“No Tali, he was staring, not glaring. Like, legit staring. You were off into space so of course you didn’t notice.”

“You sure you didn’t just read his expression wrong? I’m pretty sure he was glaring.” I crossed my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrow in question. May sighed and ruffled my hair, messing up my braid. I gaped at her and messed up her hair, sending her a playful glare. She stuck out her tongue and migrated to the pantry, grabbing a few bags of chips and walking back downstairs. I tailed behind her and saw everyone spread out around the empty space between the instruments and the table. May set the bags down and within the blink of an eye, the bags were being ripped open into and the guys were scarfing down the chips.

“That’s sooo attractive you guys. Truly lovely.” May giggled at my comment and took a seat next to Kennedy who put his arm around her and hugged her close.

“Like you would know what attractive is.” Garrett shot back, swallowing a mouthful of food. A chorus of ‘oohs’ echoed off the walls.

“I do. That’s why I’m not with you.” The ‘oohs’ continued as Garrett stopped grabbing chips and turned a bit to face me.

“You know, you’d be somewhat attractive if you didn’t have a chest as flat as a wall.” I opened my mouth slightly and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Fuck yourself up the ass.”

Garrett shrugged and grabbed another handful of chips. “My dick is long enough.”

“Shit.” I muttered. I had no other comebacks, but I seriously didn’t want Garrett to win this.

“If I’m not attractive then why do I get so much action and you don’t?” Was that really the best I could come up with?!

“Oh that’s easy,” He ate a few chips from his handful and smiled. “You’re a whore who’s incapable of truly loving someone.” My eyes flickered over to May and I sent her an, “I told you so” look. She stared at Garrett, a mix of anger and amusement in her eyes.

I had to keep telling myself not to cry right there. The real me would burst into tears, but the mask I wear was stronger then that. The mask I wear is confident and unphased by hurtful remarks; she shrugs them off like they’re nothing. The mask I wear had to win this internal battle.

“Really? A whore? Incapable of true love? That’s not true. I can love someone and I’m definitely not a whore.” I wasn’t too sure if that was true. I never really loved anyone and I did put myself out there. But something in me wanted to prove him wrong so badly.

“Alright, how about we make a bet then? You prove to me that you’re not a whore and that you can love someone.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Restrict yourself to one person and one person only. And if things go the way you should hope, then you’ll eventually fall in love with someone. And you have to prove that you love that person, no saying it to get out of the bet.”

“Who do I have to restrict myself to? And what happens to the winner?”

“I get to pick the guy, and you can’t say no. If I win, you admit to everyone who you truly are. If you win, I’ll admit to everyone that I’m wrong, plus you get a boyfriend from it. Deal?”

“Deal,” I agreed a little too quickly. I hadn’t really thought everything over; I just wanted to prove to him that I’m not who he thinks I am.

“Talia, I don’t think this is such a great idea.” I looked at May and frowned. She sighed and snuggled closer to Kennedy, knowing that she couldn’t change my mind. Garrett was smiling like and idiot.

_ _ _

That night, I was lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. After the incident, I went home by myself. May said she would catch a ride with one of the boys.

“Tali? You’d been lying there like that for two hours. Are you okay?” I turned my head to see Luke standing by my bed. The look in his eye told me he was actually concerned and I smiled.

“I just made a decision I’m not sure was right. I’m fine, love. Go to bed.” I ran a hand through his hair and he walked out of my room and into his. The light peeking from under his closed door went out and I sighed, getting up and closing the door. I crawled back into bed stared at the wall beside me.

What have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey (:
The bet is on! Who's as excited for this as I am?
Probably no one.
I want to thank Maylee (Blink If You Love Me) for helping me with the bickering between Talia and Garrett in this chapter :) Love youu<3
The wonderful people who commented on the first chapter:
ImInLoveWithYou?
jordynnmack
Kinkeh Dinosaurs
xXATL_LoveXx
Blink If You Love Me

Anyways, Comment and subscribe please!
I love all who do ;)