Sequel: Falling Out of Line
Status: Complete! Check out the sequel!

Opposites Attract

Ten

Is it too soon to say that yesterdays will always be the happiest day of my life?

Really though, after our date, Sean drove me home and well... let's just say I went into my house about an hour later than we pulled up. ;) We didn't do anything extreme, just kissed some and relaxed listening to the radio. Still, yesterday was amazing.

The only problem is that Sean isn't ready to tell anyone about us. And I don't really mind, I respect his decision. I kinda figured that he wouldn't want to tell anybody he was gay. It just makes me a little sad that he feels like he's always gonna need someone's (his dad's) approval before he does anything in his life. It isn't fair. His dad shouldn't stop him from doing what he wants. But, I know Sean. If he doesn't feel strong enough to take on his dad, then he's having an absolute mental crisis right about now - Sean never backs down from a fight. It's usually a flaw of his that I secretly love, but I'd say this is the one time where it's perfectly okay for him to pick a fight. I've only just found out how terrible his dad is.

You wouldn't think it be looking at him, but Sean is really insecure. That's why he always has to put up his macho façade. I've been his best friend for years, so he's let his guard down around me a lot. I know he thinks he isn't anything special, but I know he's truly amazing. I just don't know how to help him see it.

Of course, him not wanting to come out to his dad also means he's staying in the closet around school. Only me and Zephrinity know, and I won't tell a soul, but Zephy's getting a little too hyper. She loves seeing people get together, and I guess it's really difficult for her to keep this a secret when she's practically floating - not only have Sean and I hooked up, but things are getting pretty serious between her and Forrest. She let him come over to her house, and she wasn't wearing any makeup. That is super serious in her eyes. So I'm happy for her, but also really jealous that she gets to share it with everyone.

The only person I can tell is my mom, and honestly, I don't think she'll be absolutely okay with it. She and my dad were raised by the normal type of family, and they don't like change or unfamiliar territory. I know she'll love me no matter what, but she always seemed so uncomfortable whenever Sean and I had our Friday sleepovers or hung out when Zephy wasn't around. As for my dad, well he's hardly ever around anyway, and we've never really been that close. He probably won't even realize when I go off to college.

I do wish that Sean would be here with me when I tell my mom, but I didn't bother asking him. Why can't I just be strong for him for once?

"Hey mom?" My voice squeaked.
She looked up from her book and smiled at me. "Hi, hon. Come sit with me." She patted the couch cushion. I sat down and immediately felt my throat closing up. I rubbed my fingers over the inhaler in my pocket, just in case I needed it.
"Um... can I talk to you? It's really important."
"Sure. What's up?" She put her book down in her lap.
"Uh... w-w-well... it's a-about me a-and Sean." I looked at her, her face unreadable. "I-I-I... well w-w-we k-kinda... he-"
"You like him, don't you?"
I froze. "W-W-What?"
"I'm not blind, hon. I knew it years ago that you two would end up together. I'm still not entirely used to it though. What influenced this? I mean, I didn't do anything wrong did I?"
"What?! No, of course not, mom! You rock! You've been a terrific mom - there's nothing you could do that would change how I'd become. I think it's just that Sean and I have been so close for so long, it was inevitable. Practically fate."
She gave a half-smile. "And you two are still as inseparable as always. I remember you two were so determined to have your weekly sleepover one time, but your father and I both had to work that night and couldn't watch you two. You guys threw such a fit, that my boss just gave in and let you two camp out in his office. If he hadn't been such a nice guy, you probably would've gotten me fired." She shoved me playfully.
"We told you to get a job at Chuck E. Cheese, but you wouldn't listen." I grinned.
She rolled her eyes at me before giving me a serious look. "So does this mean you two are dating?"
I frowned. "That's what's so complicated. He doesn't want to go public about it."
"What, is he ashamed of my baby? I won't stand for that."
I smiled at my defensive mother. "No, mom. I think he's more ashamed of himself. He doesn't want to face the kids at school, or his dad. You know how hard it was on them when his mom died. Things haven't been the same between them, and I don't think they ever will. Something like this might just drive them further apart, and they're really all each other has."
"Doesn't Sean have an older brother somewhere?"
"Yeah, but I think Sean said his dad drove him out of the house a long time ago. He hasn't heard from him in over 5 years."
"Well, I know that Sean is strong enough to handle it, but maybe he needs you to give him a little courage."
"How do I do that?"
"Make sure he knows it'll all be worth it."
I furrowed my brow. "That doesn't help me think of anything."
She smiled and ruffled my hair. "I'm sure we'll come up with something. Come on, you can help me bake some cookies."

I grinned and hopped off the couch. My mom is one bad-ass cook, and she makes her food from scratch. Anyone whose ever had her cooking can describe it as having a double rainbow explode in your mouth (I can't help it, I had to throw in the double rainbow, it's just so beautiful! XD). Sean usually comes over here for her cooking alone...

"OH MY GOD!" I slammed my hands down on the counter, causing my mother to jump and almost drop the mixing bowl. She glared at me as I sheepishly mumbled a sorry. "I just had a brain blast!"
"Hm... what do you know, he uses his brain more than once every five years." I glared at her as she grinned and got down the sugar.
"Shush! I'm thinking here."

They say the way to every man's heart is through his stomach. :)

***

"Hi, Sean." I mumbled when I got to his locker.

He jumped, then turned around and smiled at me. He was nervous - it just doesn't fit him for some reason, him being nervous. Usually I'm the nervous one. I smiled and extended my arms out, hoping he wouldn't find an issue with a public hug at school. He grinned and pulled me in tightly, crushing me into his toned chest. Well, at least that hasn't changed.

"Hey, Cor. What do you have there?"
I looked down at my hands, I had completely forgotten the container I was holding.
"Um... these are for you." I mumbled so quietly I was afraid he didn't hear me. He raised an eyebrow and took the container.
"Wait... do I smell your mom's cooking?"
I smiled. "Yeah. We made cookies together. Um... I made those for you." I frowned at how cheesy that sounded.

He popped the lid, and his eyes lit up when he saw the large batch of cookies I had squeezed into the small container. I buried my face in my hands when I saw him pull out the heart-shaped cookie on top. My mom had thought that making heart-shaped cookies would be a good idea, and after a long debate of how embarrassing that would be, I finally settled on one just to please her. Now I was completely regretting it.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Really, Cor?"
"Shut up, my mom made me."
He grinned and shook his head. Then he looked around the hallway, and after deciding there was no danger, he pecked me on the lips. I gasped, because I never expected him to kiss me in public, even if our only audience was a group of art lovers and a janitor. I blushed a deep pink and looked down, so my hair almost completely covered my eyes.
"Now who's being sappy?" I muttered.
He laughed and ruffled my hair. "Shut up. Come on, let's go find Zephy."

We turned to go down the hallway, but he immediately froze. I saw why. His jock buddies were headed this way. I didn't know how well he could hold his cool, but I'm guessing he's gonna have some trouble since he was already shaking. I snatched the cookie container from him and closed it up. He cleared his throat and dug his hands in his pocket, trying to restore his composure. I mentally frowned, knowing that he may never tell his buddies. I hardly ever hung out with Sean when he was with the jocks. I had absolutely nothing in common with them, and whenever they started to tease me, Sean would get pissed and come to my rescue, then his friends would get mad at him and call him a fag, and Sean would just be in a mood the rest of the day. Let's face it - Sean and I won't truly be together until we graduate from college.

"Hey McClean. Hanging with the emo fag again?"
My ears burned. I never had a problem with standing up to them. Sean got mad though, since he thought I was too weak to take on the whole football team and most of the basketball team. I don't care. If Sean is gonna be speechless right now, then I'm gonna do the talking.
"First of all, I'm not emo. Second of all, I'm not a fag. You can even ask your mom how good I was in bed last night."
Usually, this just gets them to laugh at me.
"Real funny, Barnes. Now why don't you play with your Barbie dolls?"
"Sure, can I borrow yours? You can keep Ken though, I know he's your favorite."
Now they were starting to get mad. The leader - Tyrone - slammed me into the locker.
"Watch your mouth, Barnes, or else you're gonna end up spending first period trying to get out of the janitor's closet, just like last time."
They knew I was claustrophobic. Not only that, but the chemicals, mildew, and faint sex stink made it impossible to breathe. They had even taken my inhaler from me. If Sean hadn't brought my backup, I would've been in serious trouble.
"Leave me alone, Tyrone."
"Why should I?"
"Because I'll mess you up if you don't." Sean ripped him away from me.
I slid down to the floor. Sean's eyes were blazing - a very bad sign.
"You don't want to mess with me, McClean."
"I think I do. What did I tell you about picking on Cory?"
"Like I care what you say." He rolled his eyes.
Sean shoved him back. "You should care. Because if you mess with him, you mess with me. So not only will I kick your ass, but I won't get expelled for doing it. You're the one on probation. And even if I would get expelled, I wouldn't give a shit. I'd die fighting for Cory. So don't you ever forget that."

The little audience in my head just cheered.

"I knew it. You are a fag lover. This isn't over, Sean." He started walking away. "And you won't always have your little body guard, fag. I'm gonna get you sooner or later."
"Sorry, but you aren't my type." I grinned.

I was relieved, but Sean looked like he just saw a ghost - he was totally pale and frozen in place. I sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder, to which he flinched.

"Sean-"
"They know I'm gay."
"They don't know anything. They're just being idiots again, they want to make you mad. It doesn't mean anything."
"Yeah but, what I said... I might as well have said I loved you."
"Forget about them, Sean. They aren't worth the trouble."
"...Yeah, I guess you're right."
"But I do know something that is worth the trouble." I pulled the cookies back out, and his face transformed into a toothy grin.
"I think I'd rather have something else that's sweet."

I only got a second to think about it before I was pulled into an empty classroom. He locked the door and planted a kiss on me that made me weak in the knees. He grinned and wrapped his arms around me.

"S-S-Sean, w-w-we're at school!"
"So? We're only missing lunch. Zephy won't mind." He kissed my neck, sending shivers down my spine.
"B-B-B-But wh-what if someone comes in?"
"The door's locked. You don't have to worry about it. Any more protests?" He kissed my collarbone.
"N-N-No. Just know that I want to leave here with my virginity, Sean."
He grinned. "Are you sure?"
"Sean!" I whined.
"Okay, okay. I don't see why you're worrying. I haven't gone that far with anyone. The most I've ever done is kiss."
"Yeah, but you're still a perv. I know that much about you. If you could, you would be a total man-whore."
"Is that a bad thing?"
"Yes!"
He smirked, knowing full well that he was making me more nervous by the second.
"Relax, Cory. You know I wouldn't do anything you don't want me to. If you really want, we can just head to lunch."
I sighed. "No, I like being here with you." I leaned against his chest.
He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Same here, Cor."

We stayed like that for a while in a hug, but like I said, he's a man-whore, so it turned into a make-out session. His hands found their way into my hair, just as his tongue found its way into my mouth. I was stuck - I really didn't have any experience with this. In fact, Sean was my first kiss at our sleepover. I've been confused practically my whole life, and I've never been with anyone before. I'd never tell him that though, I don't know why, it just seems like something I shouldn't say to him. Maybe he expects me to know what I'm doing, but I haven't got a clue. That's mainly why I was letting him take charge. He doesn't seem to mind, but it bothers me a bit that I can't do anything special.

I tried thinking back to what Zephy's friends would always talk about (which is a really difficult task since Sean keeps trying to get in my pants). They never went in-depth about anything, really, but I did always listen because honestly I found it all fascinating. Besides kissing, there's only one thing I remember them saying that might do something, but it's extremely bold. And I mean extremely bold. But if this is where Sean was heading anyway, it can't be that bad. It's really embarrassing to say, but um... I basically... um... I just brushed his crotch, I swear! But I guess that was enough, because he moaned before pulling back and staring at me wide-eyed.

I was just a stuttering, babbling mess.

He cut me off with his mouth.

Was it okay that I did that, then?

I tried again, earning another moan. He moved his mouth to my ear and whispered, "Unless you want this to go even farther, stop touching me there."
I blushed and bit my lip. But then he kissed me again and decided that he should bite my lip. This time, I was the one to moan. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss. This could've gone on forever, if it weren't for this most embarrassing interruption.

A man cleared his throat. "Cory. Sean. Break it up, and bring it over here." Mr. Sinclair glared at us.

My face fell and I froze on the spot. Sean sighed and dragged me over to Mr. Sinclair.

"You wanna explain to me what was going on in my classroom?" His gaze was on Sean.
"Not really." He rubbed his neck.
Mr. Sinclair narrowed his eyes at him before going to his desk and pulling out a pink pad of paper.
"Detention. Both of you. Today at 3 - right after school. You're lucky I'm not gonna tell the principal."
Sean took our slips and led me out of the classroom, not before looking back at Mr. Sinclair for reasons I don't know. When we got in the hallway, he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.
"Go to lunch, Cory. Sit with Zephy, tell her I'll just see you guys after school. I've gotta talk to Mr. Sinclair."
"Oh no, Sean, don't pick another fight with a teacher!"
"I won't. There's just something we need to talk about."
He left me standing in the middle of the hallway, the container of cookies in my hand.
I think my heart just exploded from excitement and fear.
I did as he said and dragged my feet all the way to the cafeteria, my brain bursting with thoughts all the way til 3 p.m.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE!

YEAH that's all I got to say, it's almost 6 in the morning, so yeah.

Comments <3

BTW, has anyone checked out my new story "No Boundaries"? It'll most likely be updated slowly, especially since there is little interest in it. But I do plan on writing a short story here specifically Christmas themed, and it is a slash. So look out for that later, hopefully before Christmas.