Sequel: Falling Out of Line
Status: Complete! Check out the sequel!

Opposites Attract

Seventeen

It's officially date night. Or well, unofficially, seeing as hardly anyone even knows that they're going on a date.

Well, you know the story with Dallan and Mr. Sinclair - it's not a date even though it so totally is and they won't admit it. And then Zephrinity is dragging her boyfriend Forrest *shudder* to this party with her friends, and he isn't aware of it, but she expects him to ask her out tonight so that they'll officially be dating. I would've clued him in on that, but... well I hate him. And then there's me and Cory. We had decided that we should go on a date soon, but we never actually made a plan to do so. So, with Dallan's help, I planned the whole thing for tonight, and Cory has no idea.

I told him that we were having our Friday sleepover again, and he responded by giving me a confused look seeing as we hadn't actually done the sleepover in weeks. I mean, technically I do live at his house right now, but we don't really hang out like we used to. Now he just stays in his room all night. But tonight, I convinced him to join me downstairs and told him he didn't have to wear his PJ's.

He hasn't come downstairs yet - I told him I would call him when the pizza came. Little does he know, this isn't our regular delivery pizza. I ordered from Giordano's: bruschetta appetizers and deep dish spinach and pepperoni pizza.

I felt really silly doing all of this. I've never gone this far to try to impress anyone before. I had been on dates before, I had even had girlfriends before, but this was still new to me. I wasn't used to making a total fool of myself, but seeing as the whole school knows that Cory and I are dating now, I guess I can't avoid drawing attention to myself right now.

Dallan helped me fix up the living room so that it looked 'romantic' as he put it. He got a small square wooden table and two chairs and set it up by the window, which was now covered in purple drapes that matched the table cloth. Instead of using candles and possibly starting a fire, I strung white 'twinkle' lights over the entertainment center, the door frames, and the stairwell and I moved one of the table lamps over to the windowsill. We moved the couch out of the way and rearranged most of the furniture. And we made sure to get Mrs. Barnes permission first, as long as we put everything back exactly as we put it, and I had to promise not to 'steal Cory's innocence' which I really hadn't planned on doing anyway. She's way too protective.

I looked over everything before smiling satisfied. Just then the doorbell rang. I opened it and saw the delivery guy, payed him, and took the food. As I was setting up the table, I heard Cory call down:

"Sean, was that the pizza guy?"
"Yeah! Come on down!"
I stood in front of the table as I heard his footsteps come to the stairs, then slow down once he noticed the lights on the stair railing. I saw his confusion turn to pure shock when he reached the bottom of the stairs and saw the living room. I bit my lip nervously as he looked around, then his eyes finally landed on me.
"S-S-Sean, what the hell did you d-d-do?" He stared at me in disbelief.
"You don't like it." I frowned.
"Are you nuts? I fucking love it!" He grinned.
"Really?" I sighed in relief. "I thought I might have done too much-"
He ran over and squeezed me in a hug. I felt so much more relaxed once I hugged him back. "Seanie, it's perfect." He planted a forceful kiss on me, catching me by surprise. He pulled away and bit his lip. "You are s-so unbelievable."
I grinned and pulled out his chair for him to sit down.

We ate and talked about nothing in particular, just whatever came to mind. I found myself staring at him often, and sometimes I caught him doing the same. He would blush and look away but I would just smile, never taking my eyes off of him. After we finished eating we kept talking, or really he did most of the talking since I was still just smiling at him. I started rubbing his leg, to which he only rolled his eyes and kept talking. Now that he was trying to ignore me, I could turn this into a game. My hand traveled up his leg to his thigh. He had stopped talking now, so I frowned and told him to keep talking. He glared at me but did so anyway and brushed my hand off of his leg. So I waited for a few minutes before putting my hand back on his thigh, which he ignored. I moved my hand further up his thigh, but his hand stopped me before I could go much further.

"Sean, c-cut it out."
"Sorry, Cor, but am I the only one who wants to do something else right now?"
"W-W-What do you m-mean?"
"Nothing extreme - I just thought that maybe... well... I dunno. I said I wasn't gonna push you to do anything you didn't want to, so I guess I should just stop."
"How can you possibly be turned on 24/7?" He rolled his eyes.
I smiled. "I'm a teenager with a smoking hot boyfriend - what do you expect?"
He blushed and shook his head. "So am I, but you don't see me trying to get into your pants."
"Yeah, why is that?"
"I'm not a whore like you and your brother. I don't think about sex all the time."
"Then what do you think about?" I joked.

He moved my hand off of his leg and got up. I laughed, got up too and cleared the table. We rinsed off the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. I was drying my hands with a paper towel when I noticed Cory biting his lip in deep thought.

"Peso for your thoughts?" I poked him. He smiled and bit his lip again.
"Um. Where did my parents go?"
"Dinner and a movie. They said they'd be back by around 11:00."
"Oh, okay." I saw him glance over at the microwave clock that read 9:37.
"Do you want them to come home early?"
"N-n-no, I was j-j-just w-wondering."

I frowned. He could never just tell me what was bothering him. I gave him a soft kiss on the lips before wrapping my arms around his waist. He hugged me back and rested his head on my shoulder. For a while, we just stood there listening to the dishwasher. I closed my eyes and kissed his forehead. Then he did something I never expected from him. He bit my neck, surprising the hell out of me. I jumped and stared at him wide-eyed. He looked terrified and I knew he was gonna start apologizing any second.

"I-I-I-I don't kn-know wh-wh-what came ov-v-ver me! I-"
I kissed him and pressed him up against the counter. His lips were slightly parted, giving me the perfect chance to slip my tongue in. I met his tongue, then went to exploring his mouth. He moaned softly before I pulled away. Panting, he asked "So, I did something g-good?" I grinned and kissed him again.
"Out of curiosity, why did you bite me?" I asked him.
"I saw Zephy do it once, and the guy seemed to like it, so-"
"You get all your advice from her. Wait, Cory... have you even dated before?"
He bit his lip and shook his head. "No, I've never had a girlfriend, and I didn't find out I was gay until after you kissed me."
"So... was I your first kiss?"

He blushed and nodded his head. My eyes went wide. I wasn't sure what to do now. I mean, I was already having trouble trying not to totally ruin his innocence. I wanted to take it slow so I wouldn't freak him out, but now that I know that he's experiencing all of this for the first time, I feel like I have to be extra careful. If he had at least done some of this before with someone else, then it'd be okay because I'd probably just draw the line right there so I'd know what his limits were. But since he hasn't done any of this, I have no clue how far is too far. And the last thing I want to do is make him uncomfortable.

"Maybe... maybe we should slow down." I sighed.
He blinked in surprise, then started pouting. WHY WAS HE POUTING?! UGH! "Wh-Why? Is it because I'm inexperienced? I can learn fast, you won't get bored, I promise!"
I stared at him as if he just grew a second head. "You think I'd get bored with you?! No - Cory, I want to slow down because I'm afraid of making you do something you'll regret. I mean, it's not like I want you to sleep with me - even I haven't gone that far. I just know how easy it is for you to freak out."
"But I've been better lately. I haven't need my inhaler in a long time!"
I blinked, realizing he was right. "Well, okay, but that still doesn't mean you won't freak out. Even though I'm still a virgin, I really can't say that I know what my limits are. I'm counting on you to show me when to stop, or else I probably won't stop until it's too late. You only get one first time, Cory."
"You're being an idiot." I raised an eyebrow at him. He sighed and stared directly into my eyes. "Sean, think about it: you've been my best friend since kindergarten, we've been inseparable our entire lives, you've always been the one to introduce me to new things and you've already been my first kiss, my first boyfriend, and my first love. So why would I want anybody else to be my first time?"

I was paralyzed in shock. I kept trying to speak, but everything I thought of saying sounded stupid so I just ended up saying "I don't know", which of course still sounds pretty fucking stupid. He laughed and kissed me softly. I shook my head and slowly comprehended everything he just said to me.

Including the part where he said he loved me.

"I love you, too." I said.
He looked confused, then blushed bright red. "Oh yeah, I did say that didn't I?"
I nodded and we both laughed. That's when our make-out session continued.

We turned off the light in the kitchen and went back into the living room to sit on the couch. I lay on top of him and resumed frenching him. He didn't really try using his tongue, and I didn't mind that - it was one of those things I had to teach him later. Right now was just enjoying what we already knew - that we were in love.

We went as far as barely clothed, having on no shirts and his pants were unbuttoned. When the kissing paused, I put my hand on his thigh, testing the waters. He nodded, and my hand moved to his crotch. I gently rubbed him, but that was enough to make him moan. I stroked him through his thin boxers. He was biting his lip pretty hard, but he was still moaning. I felt myself stiffen inside my jeans. I know I wanted more, but I didn't go any further than this. His breathing quickened, and at first I thought it was just his reaction to this, but then I recognized it - he was hyperventilating. I jumped back and ran to find his inhaler. I went in the bathroom and threw open the medicine cabinet door, grabbed his inhaler, and practically fell back down the stairs and hopped back on the couch. He took his inhaler and after about six minutes he was breathing okay again. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed deeply while staring blankly at the wall. I felt the couch move - he had sat up.

"Sean-"
"Lie down, you need to relax."
"You aren't gonna beat yourself up about this, are you?" I didn't answer. "It wasn't your fault. Well, it was somewhat, but not completely. I was thinking about if we actually went... all the way, and that alone could give me an asthma attack. I can't help it, Sean. Even if I feel okay at first, I can still lose my breath."
"That's the problem. What if we did have sex? What if right in the middle of it you have an attack, and I can't tell the difference? What if you pass out or something? I could never live with that."
"Relax, Sean. Remember when just kissing you used to make me panic? Remember how at gym class I couldn't run laps with everyone else because I started feeling too weak?"
"Well... yeah-"
"And see how it's not a problem anymore? I didn't need my inhaler at all earlier. I made myself practice until I slowly got used to doing it and it didn't bother me as much. I just have to get used to this kind of activity and I'll be fine. I'm not worried, Sean, because I know that you would go out of your way to protect me, even if I'm too stubborn to let you."
I looked at him, then smiled. "Okay. But if you die on me, I'm gonna kill you."
"And I'll pretend like that made sense." He grinned.

We still had our 'problems down under' to deal with. He each took separate cold showers and put on our PJ's. Cory said he wanted to sleep in the living room because of the twinkle lights, so I arranged the pull-out couch into a bed. We crawled into bed, intending to go to sleep, but stayed up to kiss until his parents came home. When they came in, we pretended to be asleep, which they believed and headed upstairs. So we decided to actually try and get some sleep. He fell asleep first, and as I felt myself begin dozing off, I watched him sleep peacefully with a smile on his face. I went to bed happy knowing that I had put it there. :)
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a short chapter, but it still took me hours to write, and now it's really late. Even crazy people need their sleep, so good night or good morning or good afternoon - whatever time zone you're in.

Comments = <3