Sequel: Falling Out of Line
Status: Complete! Check out the sequel!

Opposites Attract

Six

It's Friday. Not really excited about it. Cor and I aren't having our sleepover, I'm being dragged to a party, and in the end I still have to go home to my dad who for some reason thinks I'm sneaking around with boys after school just because I stay later now. The only thing I'm looking forward to is booze. You can always rely on a party like this to have beer.

Cory's mom let him borrow the car, and since his mom would have a heart attack if she knew we were drinking, he's the designated driver so he'll be sober tonight. I don't think he minds though. Whenever we drink my dad's beer, it's like he forces himself to do it. And I tell him he doesn't have to, but I think it's like the horror movie thing - he's just trying to impress me or something.

Zephrinity has been giggling nonstop so far. 'She's got a cute outfit and a cute boy on her mind' as she put it. I don't think I've met the guy, but it doesn't matter - I only have eyes for Cory. But I gotta admit, Zephy does look pretty good tonight. Even if she doesn't get her crush, she'll definitely have a bunch of guys hitting on her.

Cory looks good - too good. His pants are like a second skin, and I can't even look at him without my eyes trailing down and my pants getting tighter. I don't think I can make it through the night without some beer to calm me down. At least he seems relaxed tonight. But I still have his inhaler just in case. He hates when I do that. He says I'm babying him and that he can take care of himself, but I'm just looking out for him. It has come in handy in the past.

"Aw, Sean you got all cleaned up tonight! You don't even smell like a skunk anymore, more like a sewer rat."
"Can it, hoe bag. I'm only in this for the booze."
"And because Cory made you come."
"Well yeah, that was obvious. Have I ever been able to say no to Cor?" He smiles.
"Of course not, because you're in love with him!"
"Once again, Zephy, you have no idea what you're talking about." I smirked.
She rolled her eyes and sank into the car seat.

We heard the music a block away from the party. It was in this huge abandoned house tons of miles away from any cops, so you knew this party was gonna be a rager.

We climbed out of the car and walked up to the house, guys gawking at Zephy already, but I think they were all drunk already so I don't think that really counts - they'd think a hippo was sexy. As soon as we got in, music smacked us in the face. It was hard not to laugh at all the drunk guys trying to dance to "Like a G6" (by Far East Movement). Some girl clearly drunk out of her mind had a guy pinned to the couch and was shoving her tongue down his throat. I don't think he was drunk, but he wasn't complaining.

Zephy's squeal was clear even over the blasting music.

"Come on, let's dance!"

She dragged both of us to the dance floor. I would've groaned, but she either wouldn't hear it or wouldn't care, so Cory and I just gave in. We ended up sandwiching her, which just made me want to crack up even more. I'm gay, and I don't know what Cory is, but he obviously didn't enjoy Zephy grinding on him. After a few songs, Zephy said he could go, so he bolted to some other room in the house. I didn't really mind dancing with Zephy. Sure, we're at each others' throats most of the time, but at least we can't argue now. Dancing at a party means no talking, and even if you did talk, the music drowns you out. It's the perfect thing for us to do, really.

We danced to a few more songs before I finally gave in to the call of alcohol. Zephy is more of a social drinker, so she had no problem downing some beers with me. When it came time for shots, this lightweight here was already stumbling in her heels, but she challenged me anyway. I won of course, but she did stay in there longer than I expected.

We wound up back on the dance floor, somehow managing to navigate through the crowd. By now we were really grinding. I couldn't care at all right now and neither did she, but if I remember this tomorrow, I'll definitely be grossed out and deny the whole thing.

"We R Who We R" (by Kesha) was playing and everyone went crazy. There was practically no space between me and Zephy now. I had my hands on her ass and she was pressing against me. She was in her own world right now, and I was just a bystander.

She looks up, then plants a huge kiss on my lips. I'm not sure if I kissed back, but afterward she just grinned and went back to dancing. I blinked, unsure of what to do. Finally I just settled on getting the last thing I needed right now - another beer. I muttered something about getting another drink to her, but I doubt she heard me, then I went off in search of the kitchen.

After walking out of the dance room, I ran into Cory. He looked like he just watched a bus drive off a bridge or something. His mouth was wide open and his eyes bulged out of his head.

"Hey, Cor. Wassup?" I swayed a little.
He grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. "D-did you just KISS ZEPHRINITY?!"
"No, she kissed me. There's a difference." I slurred.
"No there isn't! You two kissed!"
"Quit shouting. I can already feel a hangover coming on. I need another beer."
"The hell you do!"
"Alright alright, just stop yelling at me."
"Ugh... god dammit, Sean."
"Whoa, somebody's being a potty mouth." I pointed a finger at him, giggling like an idiot.
He rolled his eyes. "You need to sober up. I should take you home."
"Nooo..." I whined. "Can't we just go upstairs or something?"
He sighed. "Fine."
He grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs while I swiped an unopened beer off of a nearby table.

Miraculously, he found us an empty bedroom. He shoved me, making me fall back on the bed, then he closed the door and I think I heard the lock click.

"You aren't leaving this room until you sleep or sober up or whatever it is you need to do. Wait, where the hell did you get that beer?" He tried to take it from me, but I held it close to my chest. He sighed and sat down on the bed.
"Hey, Cory."
"What?"
"I got a bottle of beer. And guess what's inside it!" I giggled again.
He smirked and rolled his eyes. "Quit making me laugh, Sean. We need to talk."
"Aw, those are scary words."
"Well, sorry, but I'm not okay with you kissing Zephy."
"She kissed me."
"Whatever! It's still not okay. I mean, I thought you hated her."
"I do most of the time."
"But not now?"
"Of course not. Do you know why?" I whispered in his ear.
"Why, Sean."
I leaned in really close and put my hands on his cheeks, then whispered in his ear. "Because I've got a bottle of beer."
He pulled back. "Do you mean to tell me that you can only tolerate her when you're drunk?"
"No. But it helps."

He sighed and shoved me. I tried shoving him back, but missed entirely and almost fell on the floor. He caught me and pulled me back up so I was facing him. He frowned.

"Sean, if you don't like Zephrinity, then why did you kiss her? And don't say she kissed you, because you kissed her back."
Huh, I guess I did kiss back. "I dunno. It felt nice."
"It did?"
"Yeah I guess."
"Have you ever kissed anyone before?"
"Yeah, this one girl named Zeph-something."
"You kissed her before now?!"
"Yeah. But it wasn't a real kiss. It was like, just something that happened. We were making fun of each other, and I dunno, we kissed." I opened my beer and took a swig. "It didn't mean anything. We both decided it wasn't right so we just forgot about it."
"But you never told me."
I took another swig. "We promised not to tell you. We didn't want to make things weird for you. Oh wait, oops." I giggled.
He groaned. "You're really confusing me, Sean. You don't like her, but you dance with her and kiss her. And then there's some other girl you like."
"Who?"
"I don't know. You haven't told me that. Did you two make a promise not to tell me that either?"
"Wait, what girl? I don't like any girl."
"Of course you do, Sean. You said before that you had a crush on a girl and that you wanted to tell me, but you thought it was a lost cause so you just said forget about it."
"I never said it was a girl." Another swig.
He stared at me. "I-I-I-I-I-I-I thought you were s-s-straight."
"Well, I don't like girls. And I thought I liked guys, but I don't. There's only one guy that turns me on."
"Wh-wh-what? Wait, are you straight, gay, or b-b-bi?"
"I think I'm gay, Cory. I'm gay for you."

I kissed him, cutting off his gasp. His lips are so soft and warm, I can't stop myself. Alcohol is now pumping through my veins. I am intoxicated. I am no longer in control. I made the kiss deeper by leaning in closer, making him end up on his back. I took the hat off of his head and ran my hands through his hair. I bit down on his lip and laughed while he moaned. Enjoying his reaction, I sucked on his lip until it was pink and swollen. It took no time at all for me to slide my tongue in his mouth. He didn't fight me, and I was fine with that. After I explored his mouth, I moved back and started kissing jaw, his neck, his collarbone. I straddled his waist while I sucked on his neck. When I felt a bulge in his pants, I grinned and moved my hands slowly down to his thigh. But he put an end to my fun.

"S-SEAN STOP!!!"

I blinked at him and moved back a little. He was shaking a lot. His gray eyes were piercing through my skull. I saw storm clouds. I practically heard the thunder. I didn't want to see the rain.

I closed my eyes and tried moving off of him, but a wave of dizziness hit me. I opened my eyes and tried moving again. My head pounded and I felt warm acid climbing up my throat. Cory must have noticed this because he grabbed the trashcan by the bed and held it next to me. I emptied the contents of my stomach. He grimaced then set the trashcan down. He handed me a tissue from the box on the nightstand. I wiped my mouth and threw the tissue away. I forced myself to look into his eyes. I saw a tornado. A dizzying, destructive tornado.

I passed out.

*********
*********

Sean, what the hell just happened?

I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, but couldn't.

My whole body was trembling.

I couldn't breathe. I need air, but I can't get up. My drunken, possibly gay, ridiculously heavy best friend is passed out on top of me. I feel claustrophobic. Somebody get me out of here.

I need my inhaler... which I left at home. Crap.

No wait! Sean has it! Oh thank god! I know I hate when he brings it along, as if he knows when I'm going to have another attack, but in this case I'll allow it. Now if only I could get it. I can feel it in his pocket... okay that isn't it. That isn't it!

I shifted and found the inhaler for real this time, but it was in his pocket, and my arms were trapped under him. Trying to push him off got me nowhere.

"Come on, Sean, I need you to move." I wheezed.

Just like that, he rolled over, freeing my arms. I grabbed the inhaler from his pocket and took in my sweet medicine. Once I could breathe again, I looked over at Sean and smiled. Even in his sleep, he's here to help me.

Sean... you fucking asshole.

You just confused the hell out of me, and then you fall asleep. How the hell am I supposed to deal with this?! It was one thing when I kissed him, and I'm still not even sure why I did that! I mean, I'm not gay... I'm not sure if I'm gay... oh fuck I don't know what I am. And now this happens, and we're probably gonna have to pretend like it didn't happen because he'll have wiped it out of his memory with beer and I'll be stuttering too much to tell him!

Oh god, Sean, why did you do this?

I'm not even sure if you were telling the truth. I mean, you kissed Zephy while you were drunk. You kissed me while you were drunk. How am I supposed to know which team you're playing for?! You could be playing for both teams even!

Oh god my head hurts. Now I need a drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Cory, he's so confuzzled.

GraceJones: Okay, since you asked so nicely, here is your update.
StarstripexMoose: You didn't comment lately, but if you are still reading the story, then I did decide to put it in Cory's POV for this part. What did you think?
Dobby's Sock: XD Your name made me happy
drop.it: Aw... I've dealt with a lot of ex-bf's.
celeste: GIR!! And yeah, love triangles suck.

Love all of youse! <3