Be a Good Girl, Sandy Jones

Dani Worthington

“Excuse me?!” I jumped up. The teacher, Mr. what’s his name glared at me, shocked that I got into his face. I usually never talk in this class, that’s just because I don’t like anyone in this class.

“Do we have a problem?” His beady little eyes burned into my soul. I shivered.

“Yeah, Mr. Wallen” I started protesting but he stuck his hand up in the air, right in front of my face!

“I do not want to hear it, now start working on your project, it’s due in three weeks” he sighed then turned around and starting calling off the rest of the names. My eyes locked with hers. Her devil eyes. That stupid sneer appeared on her face, that stupid sneer she gave every time she saw me.

“Listen” I started, “I am not going to fail because of you and your ‘bad girl’ act.” I snapped.

Her face remained on me, so I spoke before she could. “I have meetings all morning every morning. So that’s no good. My study halls are busy, so I guess after school is the only time.” I kept rambling.

“Who ever said I was available after school?” she snapped still looking up at me.

“Oh yea? What are you busy with? Your probably-abusive-boyfriend and smoking pot?” I asked placing my hands on my hips narrowing my eyes at her.

“Why don’t you do the entire project and put my name on it?” she asked. I wanted to smack her right there and then.

I sat down in the empty seat next to her, mostly because my legs were getting tired, but also because the entire time I was standing I felt my tight skirt climb up my thighs, and I really didn’t want the creeps in the room seeing anything. “No, if I do the entire project by myself, then you get no credit! So either fail or work with me”

“Give me an F then” She said getting in my face.

“Do we have a problem ladies?” Mr. Wallen’s voice boomed making us jump back.

“No sir, I just don’t think we can work together-” I started complaining. And if he knew her, he would understand!

“Fine, you guys don’t have to work together” I smiled, “You both will just fail, this project is a big one, a big percentage of your final grade.” he smiled once mine disappeared.

“But Mr. Wa-”

“I do not want to hear it Dani” he said then walked away. I sighed, so frustrated.

Finally the bell rang and I grabbed Sandy’s hand and started pulling her towards the door, hoping to get out of the building before any of my friends saw me with her. I would DIE if anyone thought I was actually with her.

“We will go to the library. Wait no, too public. Huh maybe the park. It was suppose to be sunny today” I was rambling pulling her along.

She pulled back and loosened herself from my grip. “Wait. I would love to hang with you today” she said sarcastically “but the car that I have, isn’t even mine. I have to take it home” She said. I knew she was using any excuse to get away from me. Two can play at this game.

“Fine, you’re place it is. Very private.” I grinned knowing I won that battle. I grabbed her again and started pulling. Once we walked outside I was greeted by rain. God, my favorite thing in the world! Besides my hair of course.

I froze letting my head drop back and my face get rinsed off by the cool rain, it smelled so fresh and wondrous. It even made this crappy day into an alright one so far.

My cheer leading outfit was getting soaked and my hair clinched tightly to my face and neck.

“Lets go” I said then ran over to the car, the same car that I hit yesterday and she threatened to run me over with.

She un-locked it and let me in. I got in the passenger side, the entire car smelled so bad of smoke. She started up the car and pulled out a cigarette and lit it while she was driving.

I ended up rolling down the window and she rolled it up again on her side. “What the hell?” I asked.

“My car, my rules. No window down while its raining!” she snapped through the cigarette.

“Well I don’t want to die early and second hand smoke is the worst” I stated, she just rolled her eyes.

The rest of the ride was silent and awkward, the only sounds was her breathing in and out that lung killer. My skirt kept rising up and up, making me fidget with it the entire time.

“Oh by the way, we only have a little time to work on it today. There’s a game so I have to be up here in 3 hours.” I reminded her. Which I don’t think she could care less. Just didn’t want her to forget or something. I don’t know why, I just wanted to let her know that I don’t have much time.

“And I care why?”

“Well I was just stating the facts! God, how about less of the attitude while we are working together. The more we work the quicker it will get done. Meaning we don’t have to spend the entire three weeks together, because un-like you I have a life” I snapped then turned my head to look out the window.

Finally we pulled up into a driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Being put back up