In Memory Of

Note To Self: I Miss You Terribly..

The car ride to the church seemed like forever. Mikey was carrying a few bouquets of roses, and I was carrying the box of memorial cards. My mom was silently crying in the driver's seat. Helena was pretty much like her daughter. It hurt her lot to see her go. Mikey had his head turned away from. He hated having people see him cry. This was probably the worst car ride in my life.
We made it to the church a few minutes later. Three people were otuside quietly talking to eachother. Mom parked the car, and Mikey and I climbed out of the back seat. We silently walked to the church carrying the few things we were assigned to bring.
My dad, was already at the church because he rode with Helena's father. I guess he needed some moral support.
We went inside and Mikey set the bouquets next to the entrance near the doors. Not many people were there yet, and the church was really fucking quiet..I didn't like.
Helens'a parents chose to have an open casket and I didn't know if I like, or hated the fact they did that. I waited for Ray and Bob to get to the church so I could give them the cards to hand out. They arrived around 5 minutes later. They were both dressed in black and in red ties. Both of they were so fucking quiet., it was so bad to see everyone down.
"Here are the cards guys. Do you like them?"
"Fucking amazing Gerard. I love them." Though Bob's comment was simple, it felt really good to know that he loved them.
"Dude, Helena would be fascinated by them ha, you know her" Ray had the most blank expression on his face I had ever seen. I had to laugh at his comment.
"Haha, yeah she wouldn't leave me alone about them. She would think they are totally amazing. She loved all my artwork." A small smile grew on my face. Helena was always the first to comment on my artwork.
Frank arrived a few minutes later. He came in so quitely, I hadn't realized he was here at first. You could tell he had been crying. I had never seen him so quiet before. It was a little disturbing.
"Hey Frank. Are you okay?" He too, had a crush Helena, just like Mikey.
"Um, I don't know. Its hard knowing Im going to one of my best friend's funerals."
"Yeah, totally."
"I'll be right back.." Frank bolted down the isle and ran into the bathroom. I saw the tears escape his eyes before he ran off. When he returned, he was still in the same, depressed moved he had been in when he arrived.
"Want to go see her?" He asked.
"Yeah, let's."
I knew I would have to see her sooner or later. I mentally prepared myself...

She was looked beautiful, almost as if she was just sleeping and not dead. We both did the sign of the cross, and stood there staring at her body. Her hair was curled and had assorted brown eyeshadow on. Her dress was black with lace on the top, and a red strip towards the bottom. She wore her favorite lace up black ballet shoes. That made me smile. And in her hands, was a medium-sized bouquet of dark, red, roses.