Status: On Hold

365 Days To Live

Day Seven-Not Meant To Be

Alex POV

All I could remember was me screaming Jack’s name, my heart had stop. It was like watching a car crash in a dream; you can’t do anything but watch it happen. That’s how I felt when Jack feel to the ground, watching it happen before my eyes. I feel to the ground, I was shaking him to see if he would wake up but nothing was happing, I couldn’t lose him now. Someone I got out my phone and called 911, and just like that, I found myself at the hospital, the guys finally showed up.

“Is he alright, what happen, “Zack ask while looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

“We we’re at the beach I was asking him to marry me, he said yes. Before he put the ring on he feel to the ground, he wouldn’t wake up. I can’t lose him now, I just can’t, “I said while the tears proud down my face.

Zack and Rain hug me; I just cried that’s all I could do, that was all I knew what to do. I didn’t know if Jack was alive or dead, I couldn’t be with him and it was slowly killing me. This wasn’t supposed to happen, not like this. We we’re suppose to get married, have kids and grow old with each other just like every couple but I couldn’t have, we couldn’t have that.

I can’t see my life without Jack his my life, the reason why I smile. His the only person I had ever loved, the only person I want to spend my life with and I couldn’t have that, I can’t have my happiness. Maybe I did something wrong in my life, that I didn’t deserve happiness. Or maybe I wasn’t suppose to be in love to marry the one I love, that I was suppose to be alone and never be happy.

Hours went by it seem like days have gone by instead, I just wanted to know if he was alive. Just then, the doctor came into the waiting room.

“Are you guys here with Jack Barakat, “The doctor ask.

“Yes, is he alright, “I ask while my heart was beating against my chest, afraid to know the answer.

“His in stable condition as of right now. The next 24 hours will tell if he makes it or not, as of right now I can’t promise you anything. His records were sent over and it said he had a brain tumor, his lucky he made it this long. You can see him if you like, his awake. “The doctor said.

It was like a nightmare you want to tell yourself you will wake up anytime now and that it will all be a dream, but it never comes you soon realize its real life. My heart had finally broke into pieces I couldn’t take this anymore this wasn’t fair. Life wasn’t supposed to go this way; it wasn’t supposed to happen like this. Maybe I was being selfish and that it was his time to go. I couldn’t hold on to him forever, that some point in life I had to let go, maybe it was wrong for me to make the doctors to do the surgery, that I should have let him go, maybe it was just time to let him go.