Kings and Queens of Promise

Today I Heard the News.

February 11th

Dear Diary
TODAY WAS AWESOME! So, I’ve bought this little notebook to keep a record of my time on the BFS/GREEN DAY TOUR. I got to talk to Billie Joe, and he actually REMEMBERS me from last week! How awesome is that?!?! Oh, and Jared called me today and started the phonecall by screaming “OH MY GOD, EMERSON GASKARTH! YOU’RE THE GREATEST MUSICIAN EVER! I WANT YOU TO HAVE MY BABIES!” It was SO funny. Then made me promise I wouldn’t do too much partying, wouldn’t drink, all that stuff, which I wasn’t even gonna do anyway, so we’re good. He said the guys all missed me and reminded me that Syn wanted me to call him. Yeah, sure.

February 14th,
Wow, I almost forgot about you, diary. You know, I kind of wish you were like the diary from Harry Potter, so you could write back to me. Though I don’t want you to try and kill my best friend’s sister...well, brother. I don’t know if Jared has a sister. Anyway, I expected Jack to call today (he hasn’t called me since I left) but instead he just texted me “happy v-day hun. <3 <3 <3”

Yes, Jack. Very romantic. Am I not worth a phonecall from my boyfriend? Jared called. Syn called (I hit ignore). Hell, even Zacky and Frank three-wayed me. So why didn’t Jack? FML

February 15th
THAT GIG WAS AWESOME! Jaret almost hit me with his mic, but I dodged it just in time. All hail Em, the girl with ninja-like reflexes! I’m sweaty, so I’m gonna go shower. Sorry I wasted this page.

February 17th
Dear Diary,
So, my Mom called today. She wanted to know how I’m doing. She requests I come visit her soon, so we can go see Doctor Long and see if I’ve made any progress with my memories. UGH. Just what I DON’T wanna do.

February 20th,
Yay for evenly numbered days. This tour is so much fun. Last night, Billie Joe HIMSELF invited me to a party on GREEN DAY’s bus. How awesome is that? I got to dance with him! And with Tre! How fun is that? Though, I hope their wives don’t think I’m trying to be a home wrecker. I’m totally not, I just wanted to dance and the only guys around all happened to be married. The best part: I STILL DIDN’T DRINK! It’s been three months now, I’m so happy. YAY FOR BEING CLEAN! Or dry....SOBER! That’s the word I was looking for. Okay, I’m a little hyper, so I think I’m gonna run around the bus now.

February 23rd
OMG, I hate being a girl.

March 5th

Dear Diary,
So far, the GREEN DAY/BOWLING FOR SOUP tour has been great. Chris, the BFS guitarist is still MIA, so I have now been here for 23 days. Yesterday, I called Jack and finally broke it off with him. He wasn’t very happy -who would be?- but I had to do it. I mean, otherwise, how could I seduce Billie Joe Armstrong? Jk, lol I wonder if he’d be interested... No, I’m totally kidding =P Besides, I wouldn’t let any guy see me naked right now. I’m all bloated and crap, cuz I’m PMSing. I wish it would hurry up and be over with, I hate waiting. Once its over, I can seduce BJA. Lol Gotta go now, BFS is on in 20 minutes.

March 12th
Dear Diary,
Dang, now I’m gaining weight. My stupid period won’t just be over already. UGH. So, Syn called me today. He wants me to move back into the mansion. WTF? I mean, why on earth should I move back in there? Sure he kicked out Pierre, but I have half as much reason to be mad at Syn, too. HE KISSED ME! Of course, he was right about Jack...still...UGHHHH. I gotta stop being so insecure about men. BRB, MY STOMACH HURTS.

March 15th,
Chris should be back in a few days. I’m kinda glad. I miss Jared and Alex a lot. I’m a little nervous about seeing Jack, but I can’t really avoid him. Maybe he’s moved back to the mansion, just like Jared. Oh, that reminds me: Syn called AGAIN. He wants me to move back in so he and the guys can ‘take care of me’. What does that even mean? Why do I need to be taken care of?

March 18th,
Okay, so I’m on the plane that will take me back to Huntington. I’m excited. Jared and Alex are going to pick me up at the airport. Turns out, Jack HAS moved back to the mansion, and agrees with Syn that I should, too. Do these guys know something I don’t? Oh,man, I gotta go. The plane’s getting ready to take off.

PS - Sorry that a quarter of this journal is still empty. I didn’t write as much as I wanted to.

~Emerson Gaskarth


A couple hours later, I found myself walking off the plane, scanning the airport for my people. I spotted Alex, jumping up and down with a sign that said ‘DARTH VADER’. People were giving him funny looks as they passed him.

“Alex!” I exclaimed, running to him. I threw my arms around him, knocking the sign out of his hands.

“I don’t care how much fun you had, you can never leave me again!” Alex cried, clinging to me. “I need to be with my twin!”

“Yeah, Em. A month is way too long,” I heard Jared say. Then, he was hugging me and Alex together in a big group hug. “Now, let’s go. We’re gonna be late.”

“Late for what?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” Alex sighed, not sounding very promising. After we found my bags, we all got into Alex’s car and they listened to my tour stories, which were accompanied by many ‘like’s and wild hand movements.

“What are we doing here?” I asked as we pulled up to a doctor’s office.

“You have an appointment,” Jared said, getting out.

“Why?”

“For your baby, Em.”

“My...what?” I gasped, staring at Jared in disbelief. I looked from him to Alex, waiting for one of them to shout ‘just kidding!’

“Well, Em...” Alex started, “Jared thinks that you’re pregnant.”

“Why?” I demanded. “Just because I’ve gained a little weight?”

“When’s the last time you had your period?” Jared asked. I faltered, counting in my head. Not this month...not last month...not...oh. Instinctively, my hand went to my stomach. What I had first thought was just a little extra belly now seemed firmer under my touch. How could I have missed this and how...how did Jared...?

“How did you know?” I asked.

“I can hear thoughts, two sets, coming from you,” he said slowly. “When you were asleep, I could still hear thoughts that weren’t dreams.”

“You can hear its thoughts?”

“Sort of. The thoughts aren’t very complex. Mostly just hunger and mommy.”

Mommy,” I whispered, lightly gripping my stomach.

“Come on, Em. Let’s talk to the doctor. He’ll do some tests, and then we’ll know for sure,” Alex said.

“Wait,” I demanded, grabbing Jared’s arm. “So, who else knows about this?”

“Well, um...everyone,” Jared said quietly.

“You told everyone?!”

“No, no, no!” Alex intervened. “He only told me. Jack is an eavesdropper, so he found out. Syn found out through his powers, you know the whole ‘one touch and he knows everything about you’ thing. Pierre could sense its emotions and apparently pregnant women’s emotions are different or something, so that helped him figure it out. Of course, Syn told Zacky and Zacky told Frank...you get the idea.”

“How long have you known?”

“I’ve suspected it since about...mid-January? And, Em, I have to tell you the truth...that’s the reason Jack’s been...strange,” Jared sighed.

“I thought he wanted kids?”

“He does, but not now. He’s still enjoying his freedom, y’know? He can barely take care of himself.”

“I get it,” I said sadly. Jared gave me a sympathetic look, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“Now, let’s go see that doctor,” Alex said, taking my hand and leading me into the doctor’s office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 1,355
Running Total: 40,043


~Daffodillyric~
Outfit