Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Sixteen

I spent pretty much the rest of my summer holiday hanging out with Zach, Rachael, Emilie and Hanna in a number of different locations. I also spent a lot of my time complaining that I couldn’t kiss Zach whenever I wanted to because his lip was still healing. Although having said that, just because I couldn’t kiss him, doesn’t mean I couldn’t do other things with him. I’m not saying that we ended up sweaty (and in my case, sore) every night, because that’s not true, but I’m not going to lie: we did make love a couple of times during the summer break before school went back. Even though it doesn’t hurt as much in the aftermath as it did the first time, it still hurts like a bitch if I move the wrong way, but Zach says that’s to be expected – it apparently takes a while for someone to get completely used to it. Well, there’ll be plenty of time for me to get used to it, because I plan on staying with Zach for a very long time. Even in just the few weeks since we first slept together, my love for him has grown tenfold. I know that many people think that you don’t know what love is when you’re young, but I disagree. I may only be fourteen (I had my birthday not too long ago; July 3 – remember it) but I know that I love Zach. And I make sure to remind him of that several times a day, and he tells me the same thing just as often.

In the morning on the first day back at school I was woken up by Declan’s shout of surprise coming from my doorway. Obviously he’d forgotten that Zach stays over some nights and when he saw us together in my bed (we both had pants on, he just couldn’t see them under the light sheet) he must’ve thought he’d walked in on something else other than us just sleeping.

I rolled over to face the door. “Dec! It’s cool. We’re both dressed,” I said loudly before he had a heart-attack or something. He calmed down immediately.
“Oh… okay then. Well, it’s time to get up anyway. First day back at school and I don’t want to be late, okay?”
“Mkay,” I said, “You can have a lift with me and Zach if you want. Zacky won’t mind.”
“Okay. Yeah, that’ll be cool. Thanks,” he said with a smile, then left.
I rolled back over so I was facing Zach. I lightly kissed down his chest, biting slightly in random places until I found a place near his bellybutton where I sucked and bit gently for a while, leaving a mark.
“Mhmm,” Zach groaned when I moved up to his neck.
“Ha! I knew you weren’t asleep,” I cheered, and captured his lips with my own. “You gotta wake up. School today…” I rolled my eyes.
“Mhm I knowwww…” he whined. “I don’t wanna go.”
I kissed his lips once more before rolling over to get out of bed. His arms grabbed me around the waist and he dragged me back into him.

“Zacky! Let me goooooo!” I shrieked as he started tickling me. We wrestled around for a little bit before mom came in my room and told Zach to “stop attacking her fragile son” and that we needed to get up and ready for school because it was later than we thought.
I got off of Zach straight away and went and opened my closet door. I pulled out a pair of ripped black denim skinny jean shorts and dragged them on before pulling my white t-shirt that has a cute little red monster on it that says ‘I won’t bite’ out and sliding it over my head after spraying deodorant under my arms. I threaded my silver and black studded belt through my belt loops and went into my bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth.

By the time I was finished, Zach was dressed and ready to leave for school. We ran down the stairs and out the front door, where we found Declan waiting by Zach’s car. We jumped in and raced to school. We made it just in time for us to bolt to our different homerooms before we got into trouble for being late.

~~~

Greeting Zach at the start of our morning break, I grabbed his neck and pulled him down to my level so I could kiss him. After all, we didn’t get to say a proper goodbye when school started because we were running late. He was surprised at how forward I was being – there were people everywhere in the hall where we met. We got a few stares, a few comments and looks of disgust but I couldn’t care less. I was happy being with Zach, and what anyone else thought about us didn’t bother me. Zach took hold of my hand and led me down the hall towards the door that opened out into the outdoor break area.

Zach stopped when a tall, dark haired boy situated himself in our path, looking quite menacing. I shrunk away into Zach’s side, scared, and his arm immediately found its way around my waist and held me tight. I looked up to see his face and his mouth was set in a straight line as he stared at this boy as though he knew him. I was confused, until the boy facing us smirked at Zach.

“Well, hi Zacky,” he drawled. “It’s been a while. Nearly a year. You’ve moved on quickly; who’s this cutie?” he asked, looking at me and sneering. Zach’s arm tightened around me.
“Patrick,” he greeted through his teeth. Patrick? I remembered Zach talking about him. Patrick was Zach’s ex-boyfriend, and according to Zach, a total psycho. Apparently he spent all his time trying to get Zach into bed, and although Zach gave it up to him eventually to stop his nagging, Patrick kept pushing him and pushing him until Zach had enough and broke up with him. Patrick had spent most of his time after that trying to get Zach back and Zach was relieved when Patrick moved to Indiana early last year. Obviously, Patrick was back, and Zach was not impressed.

“What are you doing here?” Zach asked angrily. Patrick smiled.
“I figured you’d miss me, so I returned, and what do I see? My boyfriend dating a 10-year-old. Well, you don’t need to pretend you like him anymore; I’m back, baby. And I want you.”
“Yeah? Well I don’t want you. I’m happy with Cameron, so just piss off and leave me alone,” Zach said before shoving Patrick aside and leading me out the door. Zach threw himself down on the bench where we normally sit and put his head in his hands. I sat down next to him and placed my hand on his back. He looked up at me.

“Please, please be careful around him. You don’t know what he’s capable of. Please be careful,” he said desperately and looked down again. I picked up his chin and kissed him gently.
“I promise,” I said sincerely, and kissed him again. “Hey…” He looked me in the eyes. “I love you.”
He sighed and showed me a small smile, “I love you, too.”
“Awww. Isn’t that sweet?” a mocking voice teased. We looked up to see Patrick wearing a sarcastic smile as he looked down on us. “You know, Zacky. You could do so much better. At least get a guy with a little meat on his bones. Like me. You’ll snap this kid in half if you ever get to bang him, which I doubt he’ll ever let you do. Look at him, he has virgin written all over him. You want someone with experie-”
I cut him off and stood up, facing him. “Fuck off.” Zach grabbed my hand and pulled me back down onto the seat.

The asshole laughed, “Got a bit of a potty mouth, doesn’t he? And no, I don’t think I’ll go anywhere just yet. I’m just getting started. I will have you back, Zacky. Whatever it takes…”
I was jolted aside as Zach jumped to his feet suddenly, looking like he was about to beat the shit out of Patrick. I stood up when his fist came up and I grabbed his arm. I wasn’t going to let him get into trouble for fighting at school. He looked down at me and I silently pleaded with him to let it go and walk away. He got the message because his face relaxed as he slid his arm around my waist and led me back into the school building, leaving Patrick outside.

The rest of the week was not much better. Patrick was constantly trying to break us up with some crude remark or an insult about my age or aesthetics. Each time, although Zach looked like he wanted to smash Patrick’s head in with something, we walked away without retaliating, which I think made Patrick even more intent on annoying us. We hoped that after this first week Patrick would back off and get over the fact that Zach’s moved on and find someone else to annoy, but obviously life doesn’t work that way. The second week at school was much, much worse…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
<3