Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Twenty-Seven

A million years later, when all the fan girls had decided that they’d mauled All Time Low enough for one day, we exited the airport and went looking for the bus we’d be using to get around Sydney for the few days we’d be staying there. It was a cool night, but it wasn’t unpleasant, which was surprising seeing as it’s Winter here. I was wearing Zach’s sweatpants and a three-sizes-too-big hoodie that used to belong to Jack about ten years ago. I must’ve looked like a hobo, especially since my hair was all messy and I wasn’t wearing any shoes (Zach’s pants go way past my feet so I didn’t need shoes), but I didn’t care; I was warm.

The guy who was working at the hire car place nearly fainted when everyone walked in and asked for the keys to the bus. I guess he was a fan… well, actually I know he was a fan because he practically threw a piece of paper and a Sharpie at dad and asked for his and everyone else’s autographs (except for mine, obviously).

When the guy finally allowed us to leave (after taking photos with everyone and all that stuff), we wandered around the car park for a few minutes before Rian announced that he’d found our bus and took the keys from dad to unlock the door. It was pretty big on the inside, but I was glad that we wouldn’t be actually living in this thing; this was basically just for lugging all the equipment and people around to all the different venues around Sydney from the hotels we’d be staying at. When everyone was settled and dad got over his little hissy fit about being made to drive, we headed out of the car park towards the hotel we’d be staying at for a few days.

Sydney was beautiful when it was lit up at night. Even though we were only in the bus for a few minutes, I could already tell that I was going to love it here. The sky was so clear and the bright lights from the buildings and shops cut through the darkness and shone magnificently. I was half disappointed that the hotel was so close to the airport; I could’ve gone on looking at the lights for hours, but as soon as I opened the door to the room I’d be staying in, I forgot all of the disappointment and it was replaced with excitement. The room was gorgeous. With a king-sized bed.Oh, what fun Zach and I could’ve had on that. And a balcony. And a flat-screen TV and internet access. I was glad I’d brought my laptop with me; it meant I couldannoy talk to Zach on the computer as well as the phone while he was stressing about college applications and stuff. He finished high school last year and passed all his exams with flying colours and now he’s applying to get into college so he can be a biology teacherbecause he’s such a brainiac. I wished he could’ve come with us; he would’ve loved it here. Just thinking about this made me miss him. I grabbed my phone off the bed where I threw it as soon as I entered the room and went out onto the balcony.

Breathing in the cool, winter air, I found Zach’s number in the phonebook and hit the green ‘call’ button, hoping that I wouldn’t wake him up (I hadn’t quite figured out the time difference yet).

It rang for a long time and I was about to hang up when Zach picked up.
“’Ello?” he said groggily. Shit, I woke him up.
“Sorry, Zacky. I didn’t mean to wake you up,” I apologised. “I’ll let you go back to sleep.”
“No! I’m awake. Hey, baby. How’s Australia?” he asked me, waking up slightly.
“It’s beautiful. You should see the room I’m in, it’s incredible AND it’s got a king-size bed! I wish you could uh… christen it with me,” I trailed off.
“Awh, I wish I could too.”
“How was the college applicationing?”
“Applicationing?” he laughed.
“Yes, applicationing. Shut up! Now answer my question. How did it go?”
“Not too bad. I have an interview tomorrow for Morgan State, and I put in an application tod- well, yesterday for Towson.”
“Oh, cool. I hope it goes well. I wish I could be there for you,” I said sadly. “I miss you.”
“Aw, I miss you too, honey,” he said, trying to stop a yawn escaping and failing. “Sorry. You do know that it’s like 6:30am here right?”

“Oops, sorry. I think it’s like 8:30pm here or something like that. I dunno, I can’t see a clock,” I said looking through the glass door into my room in an attempt to find something with the time on it. “I’ll let you go so you can sleep a bit more. But there’s internet here so I can talk to you on webcam and stuff when we’re both awake.”
“We can do a bit more than just talk on webcam, you know.” I could practically hear him smiling a mischievous grin over the phone.
“If you’re lucky,” I said, laughing.
“I’m always lucky, baby. I was lucky enough to get you, wasn’t I?”
“Mmm, smooth. You might just get something for that one.”
“I better,” he said.
I laughed, “Well, not now. You sound like you’re about to fall asleep on me any second. So, I’m gonna go, okay?”
“Mkay, baby. I miss you.”
“I miss you, too,” I replied sadly. “I love you.”
“Love you too, sweetie. Talk to you later.”

“Bye,” I said before hanging up and sighing. Even though I know I’m going to love it here in Australia, I’m going to miss Zach like crazy. Not being able to cuddle him and kiss him and talk to himand sex him whenever I want is going to make me go insane. Talking via webcam is fun, but it’s just not the same.

At least there will be people like Jake and his band that are my age that I can hang out with to take my mind off craving the presenceand body (I wish my mind would stay out of the gutter, but I guess that's what happens when you're constantly being interrupted when you and your boyfriend are about to be intimate and then someone comes in. In the month I'd been home from rehab, I was left very sexually frustrated for about 90% of the time) of my boyfriend…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?? <3

megzor
holly.is.awkward
Danny Worsnop.
Samantha Comatose.

Thank you! <3