Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Thirty-Six

Emilie’s POV

I was relaxing in my bed listening to music when I heard my phone ringing. The number was one that I didn’t recognise, but I answered it anyway.

“Hello?” I sang into the phone.
I heard a hiccup on the other end, followed by a sob. “E-Em?”
“Cameron? Is that you?”
“Yeah… yeah it’s me.”
“Where’s your other phone? And why are you crying?” I asked, confused.
“I threw it,” he told me. Oh, well that would explain it. “H-he cheated on me, Em.”
“Who?” I questioned. How many boyfriends does Cameron have, Emilie? I asked myself sarcastically. Pretty sure there’s only one. I mentally slapped myself.

“Z-zach. H-he went to a party a-and got drunk… he did some girl whose name he doesn’t even remember…” Cameron explained dejectedly.
“Oh, honey. I’m sorry. You’re going to work it out though right?” Cameron was silent, so I continued, “I know how much he loves you and I know how much you love him… You haven’t assured me that you two are going to work this out,” I said sternly and Cameron remained silent, “Cam? Cameron, what did you do?”
“I broke up with him,” he whispered. WHAT!?
“Oh, God! Cameron! Don’t you think you overreacted a bit? It was a mistake, for crying out loud!”
“He hurt me, Emilie. He cheated, he broke my heart.”

“That doesn’t mean you have to break up with him, you dumbass. You can work this whole thing out. Remember what he had to go though for you? Did he leave you when you were doing dumb things last year? No, he didn’t. Because he loves you. Are you seriously so insecure that you think that an accidental and drunken one-nighter will change his feelings for you? He still loves you; if he didn’t, he wouldn’t have told you, he would’ve just let you think that everything was perfectly fine. But he told you straight away, because he didn’t want to keep secrets from you, cause keeping secrets is a sure-fire way to ruin a relationship. Yes, he’s a dipshit for doing it in the first place, but seriously Cameron. You have to work this out – for your sanity and mine. Because if I have to hear you whining about how you love him but he hurt you 24-7, I seriously will go insane. So just pick up the damn phone and work it out with him,” I finished my rant and took in a huge breath and waited for my stupid best friend’s reply.

“No. I’m not going to pick up the ‘damn phone’ and call him because, number one; it’s smashed to pieces; I'm using the apartment's phone, and number two; he fucking cheated on me. I’m not just going to forgive him that easily. He broke my heart. And how do I know he won’t do it again? He’s already done it once…”
I cut him off, “Okay, you seriously did not just say that. Just fucking forgive him and stop hurting yourself as well as him.”
“No,” he said bluntly.
I sighed, exasperated. “God, Cameron. You are so stupid. I’m getting off the phone now, before you piss me off even more. Just take my advice and work it out with him.”
“Goodbye, Emilie,” Cam said roughly, before hanging up.

I shrieked in frustration and stood up, shoving my phone in the pocket of my skinny jeans and slipping on a pair of ratty Converses.

“Mom, I’m going to Zach’s house!” I shouted as I thundered down the stairs.
“Okay,” she called back. “Oh… hang on, who’s Zach?”
“Cameron’s boyfriend,” I replied.
“Why are you going to Cameron’s boyfriend’s house?”
“Because Cameron is a dumbass and can’t solve his own damn problems!”
“Okay.” I love my mom.

I slammed the front door shut and began the five minute walk from my house to Zach’s apartment, muttering about how I’d like to get both Cameron and Zach in the same room and bitch-slap the pair of them because they’re both dumbshits.

I ran up the stairs in Zach’s apartment block because I couldn’t be bothered waiting for the rattly old elevator that always takes a million years to get to each floor. I knocked hard on the wooden door and stood back to wait for someone to answer. Zach’s friend Ryan answered the door and I asked him quickly where Zach was. As soon as Ryan told me that he was in the kitchen, I pushed my way past him and found Zach sitting at the little breakfast bar, leaning over with his chin resting on his arms. He looked up when I entered the tiny kitchen.

“By the look on your face, he told you,” he said, no emotion in his voice, “If you’re here to bitch me out…”
“I’m not. Although you are a fucking idiot for doing it, that’s not why I’m here,” I told him quickly.
“Okay?” he said hesitantly.
“I’m here because your stubborn bitch of a boyfriend won’t listen to a word I say when I tell him he should just forgive you and move on. I’ve told him that you love him and that it was a mistake… it was a mistake, wasn’t it?”
Zach’s eyes widened, “Of course it was!”
“Okay, good. Yeah, I’ve told him that it wasn’t meant to happen and that you should just get on with your lives. You know, forgive and forget? But he won’t listen to me. He’s hurting himself, and by the looks of it, you too. You need to apologise to him again. Maybe he’ll understand this time?”

“I’ve tried calling him over and over. It just says that the phone’s not on or something.”
“Yeah, he threw it at a wall. It’s dead. Call the apartment block and get the number for his new apartment. You need to fix this, before either of you do something stupid.”

“Bit late for that,” Zach muttered and I glared at him, “Okay. I will, but I can’t right now. I have to leave for work.” I hadn’t noticed that he was wearing his ice-creamery uniform before he said that. Zach stood up and wrapped his arms around me.

“Thanks Em,” he said after he pulled away from the hug.
“What for?”
“For not bitching me out… And for wanting to help me and Cameron fix this. I appreciate it.”
“There’s this one thing I have to do as the best friend though…” I said with an evil smile.

“Wha-?” I didn’t let Zach get out his one word question before I slapped him across the face.
“That’s for hurting my best friend,” I said before I kissed him on the cheek I had just slapped, “And that’s for not keeping it a secret and hurting him even more later. Toodles,” I sang, before leaving Zach standing alone in the kitchen looking very confused. As I reached the door, I turned and shouted in the general direction of Zach, “Don’t forget to call him!”
“Goodbye, Emilie,” Zach said curtly as I flounced out the door. I was going to help fix this. I would make sure of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason, I just wanted to put a chapter in Emilie's POV.
So there it is.

Comment/subscribe?

Not too much longer to go now :(
BUT! I'm planning on writing a prequel to this story, which is Alex & Blair (Cam's mother's) story. Yes/no?

Thankyou
Kite Flyin'
Danny Worsnop.
Dallas Green

<3

Check out my other story? Do You Remember. Original slash :D