Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Forty-Nine

I stared up at him as he looked down at me. I was acutely aware of his touch; his hands were still resting on my shoulders, and I shivered. He looked absolutely stunning. His jet black hair was sitting perfectly messy on top of his head. It fell slightly into his beautiful eyes and I resisted the urge to brush it away. The black suit he was wearing fitted him perfectly. He was smiling a half-smile, looking slightly nervous as he did so and, for once in my life, I was speechless.

“Uhmm…” he said quietly, removing his hands from my shoulders and running one though his hair. “I-I’m sorry I’m late… Uh… my car decided to die, today of all days. I had to wait for Ryan to get home so I could use his car. Um…yeah…” he trailed off awkwardly.
“It’s okay,” I said quietly, not knowing what else to say, and looking down. “You…um…look nice.”
“Thanks. You too.”

Emilie and Aaron had been watching our awkward conversation silently, until Emilie got sick of the two of us dancing around each other and took control.
“Oh my god, you two. You’re acting like you’ve just met, just kiss and make up already. God! You two are so stupid. We’ll leave you alone,” Em said, taking Aaron’s hand and leading him to the dance floor.

“Cam?” Zach said, and I looked up into his eyes. “I truly am sorry. About everything. I-I know I messed up… I know I hurt you. I… I just… I need you… and I really am sorry for everything. If I hadn’t gone to the party, I wouldn’t have gotten drunk and –”
“Zach. Stop. You’ve apologised so many times and I just didn’t listen – I didn’t want to listen. But… I forgive you. And I’m sorry for not forgiving you sooner. I was being a bitch and I didn’t listen to anyone when I should’ve. And I shouldn’t have broken up with you in the first place. I was hurt but we should’ve been able to sort it out if I let us. But I didn’t, and I screwed everything up. All I really want is for things to get back to normal with us… well, whatever normal is. I need you back in my life; I don’t think I could’ve made it through everything without you and I won’t be able to next time something bad happens unless you’re there beside me. So-”

I was cut off from my rambling when Zach placed his lips gently on mine. It was a simple kiss, but I felt the emotion in it, the desperation. It was like our first kiss all over again; I forgot what I was going to say next, and my legs felt like they were about to give way at any second. I suddenly felt like I had a fever. My heart was beating erratically in my chest. I felt butterflies in my stomach. It was perfect. And it was over much too soon, thanks to Emilie. She must’ve seen Zach and me kissing while she was on the dance floor and abandoned Aaron to congratulate us.

“Finally, you guys! I told you, didn’t I Cam? I’m so glad you’re back together,” she squealed, before frowning, “You are back together, aren’t you?”
Zach turned to me with a slight grin. “Be mine…again?”
A smile stretched across my face, and I hugged Zach around the middle, “Yes!”

“Hallelujah,” Emilie sang, before running back onto the dance floor to find Aaron again. I shook my head at my best friend’s strangeness, before looking up at my… boyfriend. It felt amazing knowing that I was able to call Zach my boyfriend once more. Zach smiled down at me, and I hugged him again, burying my face into his chest and breathing in his scent. We stayed like that for some time, until I noticed that the loud music had stopped and the DJ was talking into the microphone.

“—time we slowed things down a little, don’t you think? So, guys, grab the hand of that special someone, and lead them onto the dance floor. This one goes out to all you people who feel invincible when you’re in love. This one’s by Tonight Alive,” the DJ announced, before an acoustic guitar strummed, followed immediately by a female voice,

“I love you in the light; I love you in the dark,
And my mind has been made up
Because you threw the sparks that set my heart on fire…”


“You wanna dance?” Zach murmured in my ear, and I nodded. He took my hand and led me out onto the dance floor, immediately wrapping his arms around my waist. My arms snaked around his neck, and I rested my head on his shoulder. He held me close, swaying us from side to side in time with the music.

“…your eyes,
Cause I am invincible, as long as I’m in love with you
I am invincible, there is nothing we cannot do

Missing you everyday-it’s not enough for me
We make it so hard for ourselves so easily
And its funny how the one thing that makes me crazy
Is the same that keeps me sane
My mind’s a million miles away, but nothing ever changes
No never change

I am invincible, as long as I’m in love with you
I am invincible there is nothing we cannot do

Your arms are my home,
and I’ve been homesick for oh so long
So bring me back home,
back where I, back where I belong…”


I looked up at Zach when the final chorus began, lifting my head from his shoulder. He was gazing down at me with a look in his eyes that I couldn’t quite place. He slowly removed one of his arms from around me, and drew it up to my face. With the lightest touch, he moved my hair away from my eyes, before resting his hand on the side of my neck. He leaned towards me and I stood on my tip-toes. We had stopped moving – it felt like the whole world had stopped moving. His lips touched mine gently, making the butterflies erupt in my stomach once more. I felt sparks when he deepened the kiss. There was no tongue involved, but the lack of it made the kiss that much more special. This was not a kiss of lust or just a random hook-up. It was a kiss of love. The real deal. I knew that I loved Zach, and I knew that he loved me – nothing was going to change that. We belonged together, two halves of a whole. I wasn’t going to let that go again, because I knew that, like the song that I finally received cliché prom kiss that I’d been waiting so long to be given during said, I was invincible, as long as I was in love with Zach, and I was planning on staying invincible for the rest of my life.

As the final chords of the song played though the speakers, Zach pulled away, and took my chin in his hand, tilting it up so that I was looking him directly in his gorgeous eyes.

“I love you, Cameron, more than anything.”

“Je t'aime aussi, Zacky. Pour toujours et toujours. Parce que je suis invincible, tant que je suis en amour avec toi,” I whispered to him, before attaching my mouth to his once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
French Translation
I love you, too, Zacky. Forever and always. Because I am invincible, as long as I'm in love with you.

Invincible [acoustic], by Tonight Alive.
If you like Paramore, you'll probably like these guys, they get compared to Paramore a lot.

Epilogue next, and then... that's it! :(
I can't believe it's the end.

*Epic sigh*
Anyway,

Comments?

Thank you
xx_alesanafan_xx
derder-chan
GlitterNinja
Danny Worsnop.
megzor
electric mayhem.

<3<3<3

Prequel to I Am Invincible will be started when I A I is completely finished, which will be vair, vair soon. So... sub/comment/whatever and I'll get the first chapter started a.s.a.p. Don't Make This Easy. Alex & Blair's story.

Check out my other story? Do You Remember. Original slash :D