Bound in Matrimony

Lucas

Lucas had always known his marriage would be arranged. Since he was a child, he had always known he was going to marry a girl that his parents had chosen for him, it was merely a matter of waiting for that girl to come of age. He had waited, and now that his arranged bride had reached a suitable age, they were to be wed. He found it to be much ado about nothing, to be honest. Everybody was running around and getting all excited, and he plan old thought of it as a matter of duty. He was to be the king. He needed a wife, and he was marrying for more than love. He wasn't the type to sit around and dream of love and romance anyhow. That had always been more his twin's thing than his. He did what he had to do for the good of his people, whether he really enjoyed it or not.

He stretched out his shoulders and looked across the hall at the clock. It was very nearly time for his bride to come down the aisle. His brother stood beside him at the altar, both dressed in rather expensive tuxedos. he had yet to meet the woman he was due to marry, and he knew his brother hadn't either. Their mother insisted it was part of the contract, and honestly he didn't care much. His wife would be the one to bear his children and if he was lucky, a good companion to have around while he was busy with work. He doubted it would be some kind of romance, he wasn't good at that kind of thing. Feelings had never really been his deal.

It wasn't very full in the ballroom. They had one ballroom set aside for the ceremony, the other for the reception. This one had been decorated lavishly with roses, red white and purple, a huge archway, beautiful chandeliers. The other ballroom had huge sliding windows out to the gardens, all of which was decorated to the nines as well. When the royal family had a party, they had a party. Not very many people had been invited to the castle to witness the twins being wed, a few important business people. other royalty. The family, and family of the brides. Perhaps it made him just little nervous.

The music cued. He shifted from foot to foot nervously as the two huge doors at the end of the grand ballroom pushed open, revealing two breathtakingly beautiful girls in long white gowns. He knew which one was supposed to be his wife right away-- it would be the redhead, the tiny one with her hair all up in curls. He thought perhaps he had seen her once or twice, but he wasn't sure. Well. After today he would be getting to know her a lot better.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohai. more stories for you 8D Cho pretty much said it all.