Bound in Matrimony

Briar

She was not happy to be here. She didn't try, not in the least, to pretend that she was happy to be being married off to a man she had never met. She had always known this would happen, though. Since she was just a little girl, just old enough to walk and talk, she had been told that one day she would get to marry a handsome prince like in the stories that they always read her. Now, when she was six years old, that was a great deal. She got to marry Prince Charming, there was absolutely no reason to worry and she would lay awake at night wondering which prince hers would be the most like.

And then she grew up. And when she grew up she realized that she had no idea who the man she was going to marry was. Was he kind? Would he be demanding and overly strict or would he be sweet and loving? That was when she had decided she didn't want this, but it was too late. She'd been promised to the prince since she was born. Since before she was born. There was no going back. She followed the rules on her part, though. She had preserved her body for marriage, she'd never felt a man's touch, not his hands or his lips on her body. And now she was bound in marriage to the prince. The ceremony had been long and rather boring but she'd said her I Do's just like she had to. At least the prince was cute. And she had been giving him the death glare the whole ceremony.

Briar probably could have been nicer. After all, she was married to this man, she would be going to bed with him tonight (if his mother ever shut up) and she would be waking up next to him every day for the rest of her life. You didn't divorce a prince. She should probably just be hoping to god that he would be sweet and that he wouldn't hurt her or be rude or annoying. Glaring at him through their whole wedding ceremony was not a good start. In fact, if looks could kill, he would be six feet under right now.

His mother had been going on and on, droning about procedure and all sorts of boring things that Briar wasn't listening to. She nodded when it was appropriate and watched and pretended to listen but really her mind was elsewhere. She would be losing her virginity tonight. They would need to make their marriage real by doing the deed, sealing the deal. She had been trying not to think about it, but when her husband came and quite unceremoniously snatched her away from his mother and began more or less dragging her off, she figured that was what was going on here.

She didn't have time to say even a word to him, he was pulling her off away from the group until they were walking down a hallway. It was a beautiful hallway and she could hear nobody around, see nothing. She had been able to hear the steps of the other prince and girl, but now it had faded away to absolutely nothing. Her husband-- Lawrence, she remembered. His mother had called him Lawrence, and the other one Lucas. He had slowed down, and although he hadn't said anything, he seemed a lot more calmed down as he opened the door to an exquisitely lovely bedroom and led her inside.

She assumed that this was his bedroom, and the one she would soon be sharing with him. She looked around, still in her wedding dress. Her self-consciousness was beginning to rise. They needed to consummate their marriage.She barely knew his name, but there was a ring on her finger and they were going to need to have sex, something she had been saving for him forever. Somehow this all seemed so unspecial.

She shifted from foot to foot and finally perched on the edge of the bed. It was absolutely massive, a for post bed with lovely curtains and easily big enough for five people in it. High, too, she had to stretch on her toes just to sit atop it.

For a long moment she stared at him and he stared at him, then she extended her hand, for once giving him a look that wasn't a death glare. "I'm Briar."
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go c: