Bound in Matrimony

Leanna

Unlike the other bride (who hadn't had a chance to introduce herself), Leanna had listened diligently to the queen's every word. She wanted to make them all proud after all. She didn't want them to be disappointed in her. She didn't want them to think she was some kind of disgrace or failure to be hidden away from the rest of the world. She wanted to make them all proud. Besides, the queen didn't seem as stiff and, well, hateful as her own mother which was a benefit. She hated that her mother hated her for something that wasn't her fault, but she couldn't control those facts.

Leanna even made the attempt to ask questions every now and then. Mind you she felt that some of them were very dumb questions and that made her even more nervous, but she tried nonetheless. One of her questions was even met with praise. A bright smile lit her face at that. She had never felt more proud of herself in all her life. It was a moment that she locked away in her mind to be treasured always. After all, she had no reason to believe that she would ever recieve praise often.

When the two princes approached them, it took her breath away. They were both so handsome and they looked almost exactly alike. She had no idea how she was going to tell them apart. She hoped that there was some secret to it otherwise she knew that she was going to be in desperate trouble. She took a deep breath and worried at her lower lip as she watched them both. Lucas. that was her husband. He spoke calmly in a courtly manner to his mother before turing to her and taking her hand. She curtsied to him before being led away from the other three and the crowd that was celebrating the wedding.

She followed in silence, not really sure what she was supposed to say or do. She had never been in a situation like this before after al. She bit her lip clearly uncertain and yet excited at the same time. This was the day she had been waiting for all her life, the day she would finally be with her prince. But honestly, she didn't know what they would do now. She had never been taught how women and men were together. She had asked the servants once and they had laughed at her. The next time she had even tried to dare ask, they had told her they had been forbidden to tell. She supposed the prince would teach her now.

He led her into a beautiful bedchamber filled with soft candle light. Her lips parted in awe as she looked around the room stunned by it's beauty. She had never seen anything like it even in the few pictures she had stole glimpses of from her "siblings" books. "I-is this your room...y-your majesty?" she asked feelinng terribly stupid that she had stuttered. She knew this would be a clear strike against her.