What's so Good About Picking up the Pieces?

chapter two.

Rosalynn looked out the window in the back of the bus as grass and plains passed her. Even though it was only four hours in she already missed Joe. With her busy touring schedule and occasional acting event, and his constant acting jobs they found it hard to keep a strong relationship. As she watched the landscape speed past she didn't notice a tall blonde haired boy who was looking at her with awe in his eyes.

As he watched the five boys in the front of the bus argue over video games, Alex was quietly playing on his phone and pretending as if he cared about the argument. To him, it was just another pointless pass-the-time event. As the boys got louder and louder he decided to head to the back of the bus where he found a girl with long, wavy brown hair wearing a cardigan that seemed to reach her knees and white leggings. She sat there, staring out the window looking gorgeous with a intrigued Alex staring at her.

"H-hey" Alex mumbled, his eyes still fixed on the pretty girl in front of him.

Rosalynn's head immediately snapped to Alex, her eyes wide and a shocked expression. As she studied him she noticed that he was pretty good looking, wearing blue grey skinny jeans and a white v-neck.

"Hi! I'm Rosalynn!" She jumped up and walked over to Alex "It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Alexander, but call me Alex," He smiled at the shorter girl "You, you're the singer for There Goes Your Man right?"

"Yep! Vocalist, and well guitarist to a point." She smiled, making Alex's heart race up.

"That's cool. I-I like y-you're voice. It's g-great." He stuttered lightly sending a weak smile to Rosalynn.

She laughed lightly, thinking it was cute when Alex got flustered. After a while of awkward small talk she led him to the cushion where they sat there and talked about touring, life, and dreams they had about the future, dreams they had as kids. She was extremely interested in Alex and the way that his life turned out. Alex was amazed at all she had accomplished. He was always a big fan of her, and especially her acoustic solo side projects. It felt surreal to him that he was able to tour with Rosalynn.

As they got onto the topic of relationships Alex could tell that there was something bothering Rosalynn by the way her eyes saddened and she kept her eyes away from him. The way that she spoke as if nothing bothered her, and that she just didn't care.

"Are you alright?" Alex asked softly grabbing her hand "You seem wary."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. It's just the hard you know? I know, it's hard to tour and keep a relationship steady but I just feel as if touring is going to mess it up even more. I mean I just spent the past month and a half filming for BlackJacks and after that finished, I had one week before I left for tour, one week that I could spend with him. And a week before we finish touring he's heading to Los Angeles to film Inception." Rosalynn spilled.

Alex looked at her sympathetically. He knew what it was like to go through relationships on tour, although most of the time they ended because he fucked up on tour, or thought with his other head. He couldn't imagine what Rosalynn was feeling though, and if her acting career wasn't bad enough, throwing touring in the cycle had to be tough in her. He was speechless, and so unsure of what to say that he was deemed to ask the obvious.

"Who are you dating?" Alex asked, mentally slapping himself in the head right after he asked that question.

"Um, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He was in 500 Days Of Summer and other movies, yeah." She said quietly while smiling about how adorable he was in the movie.

"Yeah! He was in um, Ten Things I Hate About You right? With Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger?" Alex ecstatically proclaimed. Rosalynn laughed before nodding and starting a highly amusing and fun conversation with Alex about the acting industry and their favorite/least favorite actors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler, haha. Sorry. But really I've been busy and I'm working on a new story!