Love, Lust, and Spirit: Who Is Mrs. Perfect?

We'll Figure It Out

"I love you too, baby. I can't wait to get back and see you," Mike paused and listened to the voice on the other line. "Yeah, I know, but I'll be back before you know it....Alright, hon, I love you and I'll talk to you later. Bye."

Billie looked over at him and turned his head back to the tv before he could notice, or so he thought.

"What?" he asked.

Billie turned back to him and raised his brows. "Oh, nothing. I just thought I saw a mosquito flying around," he lied. "I didn't want the rat to get away if there was one."

Mike didn't reply, he just nodded and looked out the window at the road. They finally got a new bus and made Cameron and his friends drive their cars back home since he didn't get the bus on time before. Billie stood up and walked out of the room; Mike watched him leave.

"Tre?" Billie called through the hall peeking into a room.

"Yeah, I'm here."

He stepped into the room, leaned his back against the wall next to the door and crossed his arms. "I don't like what Mike is up to." Tre raised his brow and Billie continued. "He was on the phone with Brittney just now. He knows it won't be the same when he sees her and he knows damn well it isn't going to go down good if something goes on with Alec behind her back. Jennifer didn't have good reason to freak out all the time, but Brittney will go all ape shit on her and I won't be able to back him up."

Tre nodded and looked down at the floor in silence. Billie pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Well, I can't exactly sit back and watch this either," Niki said from the doorway. Billie looked over in surprise and gave a grim expression. "I don't want to see Alec get hurt, especially if I can stop it."

They all sat in silence waiting for each other to break the silence. Billie started to walk off but was stopped by Niki still in the doorway.

"We're not going to say anything to him," she started. Billie's eyebrows lifted. "I don't want his panties getting in a wad. My nerves can't handle all of this at one time."

Billie sighed and shook his head. "Well, I can't do this. If he loses control and Brittney finds out then his panties are the last thing you'll think about."

"I'll risk it. I can't figure him out and keep him under control but I'm sure I can figure out what makes her tick."

He sighed again and closed his eyes. "Fine, but don't blame me. I won't say anything to him." She nodded at him.

Billie walked out of the room into the hallway and disappeared. Tre stared up at Niki from the couch. The corner of his mouth twitched and he looked at the door. "I don't like where this is headed. I don't have anything in this world against Alec, but I'll be damned if Brittney ruins the tour over her."

Niki sighed and lowered her head. "I know. I didn't think anything like this would happen. Alec was sort of like me in high school, though. We hung out with each other and didn't really have anyone else to hang out with or go to. She's from a broken home and her dad left as soon as the divorce was final. Her mom had developed a problem with drugs before the divorce so she pretty much left Alec to fend for herself. Neither of us wanted anything to do with our parents. I hated my dad with a passion because the way he treated me since mom wasn't around. She died a long time ago, though, so I can't really say much about her. All I know is it all changed after she was gone."

Tre had already stood from the couch and made his way to her, encasing her in his arms.

"I don't want you to feel like your life is falling apart," he said.

She looked up into his eyes. "But it's not. I'm worried about her. I'm worried she'll fall for him and have her heart broken. I'm worried something will happen to her and she'll never be the same again. I don't want to lose my best friend."

Tre petted then kissed the top of her head. "I know, baby. We'll figure something out."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to give you guys a taste of what is happening before I get more into it. Hopefully the next chapter will be longer. I didn't want to separate it out and give it a weird feel.

I hope you like the little bit. Comments are loved and cherished forever. =3