Love, Lust, and Spirit: Who Is Mrs. Perfect?

Betrayal

Brittney buried her face in her hands and sobbed. She found a quiet spot behind the parking lot to curl up into her knees. She wished she stayed home and never found out about Alec. The more she thought about her the more she wanted to explode. The thought of her knuckles cracking against Alec anywhere, especially where it would hurt, gave her satisfaction through her sobs. Her upset and feeling of despair began to be clouded by the feeling of anger and utter betrayal. She curled her fingers into her forehead scratching her fingernails down her face revealing a puffy, scrunched face. "We'll see who has the last laugh, Michael Ryan. You'll get your just desserts."

"Where did Brittney go? I can't find her anywhere!" Mike called frantically searching through rooms in the back hall of the stadium.

Billie followed close on his heels. "No, I haven't seen her since you whisked her away."

Mike groaned under his breath at the comment and quickly hid his despair. Why couldn't she have just waited til I was finished talking before running off? "Okay, so we've got four hours until we need to get ready for the concert and it might be good to know where she's at, you know."

Billie frowned at his retort and brushed it off. "Well, is it that big of a deal? I know she's missing but she's a grown ass woman and no one is here to kidnap her. Not like she wouldn't give them hell first."

"We had a fight, well, sort of. I told her about Alec but she didn't let me finish before storming out of the room."

"Maybe Niki will know."

Mike shook his head. "She was outside the room when she turned her rage on the door slamming it in her face."

Billie's eyebrows closed in and he lowered his voice. "Why was she behind the door?"

"Well, uh, she kind of decided I wasn't going to talk so she was, but luckily I beat her to the punch. Well, I suppose it's good. I can't imagine what would've happened if I didn't."

"She would've turned into a humongous green rage monster, what else?"

Mike grinned. He knew it was true. She would've called her a liar and ran to him with death in her eyes telling him what Niki had said. "I would've been speechless if she were to ask me if I really were cheating on her; but that's the thing, I'm not with Alec. She drives me crazy, I can't help but look at her with nothing but crazed lust, but I love Brittney. She's amazing but drives me crazy in her own ways."

"Then why are we having this conversation?"

"Why are we looking for Brittney? Quit being an ass. I'm trying to find her so I can straighten this out."

Billie smacked his forehead. "Go to Alec and tell her you don't want anything to do with her!"

"We have. She's fended me off because she doesn't want to hurt Brittney. I don't either but my penis-brain is too powerful." He sunk to the floor, sliding down the wall, and ran his hand through his hair. "I try, Bill, I really do. They're both electric in their own ways: One with blond, silky hair, the other with brown mane that just drives me crazy when I run my hand through it. Alec's eyes are big pools of mystery that I fall into every time I look into them. Brittney's eyes are radiant and warm." He groaned aloud. "Damn, Mike! Dammit!" Mike felt a warm hand pat his shoulder lightly. He looked up into Billie's emerald eyes.

"We'll figure this out, I promise."

He dropped his head and stared at the floor. "I believe you." He looked back up at Billie, "I don't know what I'd ever do without you. Thank you for being my friend."

Billie smiled in return. "Always."

Mike stood up to search for Brittney. He could only hope she didn't leave. The only place he didn't check was outside the building. He had no choice but to check, but the parking lot was starting to fill up with fans waiting to get their tickets so he didn't stick around at the risk of being seen. The last thing he needed was a delay. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and dialed her number. It rang until it went to voicemail. He cursed under his breath as he crammed the phone back in his pocket. He jogged back inside deciding he wouldn't find her before the concert unless she found him first. He found the guys setting up their instruments to their liking. He stood next to Niki at the end of the stage and stared at the guys.

"Any luck?" she asked.

He shook his head. Niki wrapped her arms around his waist. "Give it time, she'll come back if only for her curiosity."

Mike groaned and rubbed her back. "Her curiosity may just be the death of me. I'm afraid she won't listen to what I have to say and just assume everything else."

"And that's only her fault. I wouldn't blame her if I knew you didn't cheat on her, only thought about Alec like a deranged maniac."

"Thanks," he stated as he rolled his eyes.

"Any time," she winked. "Now get out there, they're waiting on you so they can start sound check."

Mike half jogged to his bass and began tuning, his mind partially on what he was doing, but focused enough that he didn't flub up any.

The concert came and went and still no sign of Brittney. Mike knew she was around here somewhere, but he expected her to be back by now. She still wouldn't answer her phone so he began to worry more as the minutes went by.

"Oh God, what have I done?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So I realized I neglected this story for an entire year. I felt really bad, but I greatly appreciate those who follow this story for sticking with it for so long without an update. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Also, I'm sick in bed so I may update another chapter while I'm here. So that's good and bad news all in one.