Love, Lust, and Spirit: Who Is Mrs. Perfect?

Four Pictures

*Mike's P.O.V.*
I looked around the room at I was currently in. It didn't look very familiar. To my left is a cream colored sofa, to my right is a basic maple square table. On the table were four picture frames face down. I stood in front of the table and gazed at the pictures. I studied each and every one of them before picking any up. Each had something different about them. All were metal frames except the last. The one to the far left had swirls around the edge of the frame, the next had dashed lines down the sides. The succeeding one has ridges protruding and retreating up and down the frame. The last one was a plain wooden frame. Nothing significant about it. It actually calmed me a little to look at it.

I stuck my hand out and placed it on the wooden frame. I pulled it up and held the picture close to my face. I didn't recognize this face. It was a black and white picture of a little boy, no more than a toddler if even that. He was smiling and looked so happy. I smiled back.

I set it down on the table and looked at the remaining three. I stood between them and tilted my head. I hovered my hand over each picture and didn't feel so comforted. I felt as if some grotesque picture was in each of them, each worse than the last. My hand stayed over top of the picture frame with the ridges. I hesitated to pick it up. I placed my hand on it and a chill ran up my arm. I flipped it up and stared at the face. Niki. I reached my left hand over to the frame with the swirls and hesitated to flip it over. I scrunched my nose, bracing myself, closed my eyes, and flipped it over. Alec. I looked back and forth between the two pictures, then to the boy. I can't figure out who the boy is. I glanced down at the last frame. I laid the other two back down, face up, and lifted the frame off the table. I flipped it over and saw Brittney.

"This is getting weird," I said to myself. "Alec, Brittney, then Niki, but who's the boy?"

I scratched my head. This isn't making any sense other than these are the three women of my life. I concentrated on the boy. I wish it were in color like the other two. I kept staring until I came up with the only possible thing I could think of that he would be.

"He's one of their children. But which one? They all have light colored eyes, but I don't know about the other two's natural hair color. Brittney's is blondish, but Niki's has been a darker color since I've known her. Alec, I've only seen her a few times. Both times her hair was a different color. Shit..."

I placed my fist on my forehead and rested my elbow in my palm. I turned around and glanced at the sofa. It looked very welcoming. So soft and velvety. I plopped down on the couch and felt of the fabric, I was right, so soft. I laid down and closed my eyes.

I woke up staring at the bunk above me. I felt of the sheets and covers, not as soft as the couch. I frowned. I looked over at Tre and Niki next to me. I squinted my eyes in an attempt to see her but it was too dark. I turned over and pulled the covers up to my neck and sighed. 'I'll figure out who that boy was,' I promised myself. 'I have to know.'