SpurYourIdeas.com

First Day

After straightening her last piece of dark short hair, Sarah Storms pushed her thick framed glasses up the bridge of her nose, examining her handy work in the full length mirror in the family bathroom. This is me, she thought blandly to herself while pressing down her plaid uniform skirt, this is as good as it gets.

"Hurry up Sarah!" came obnoxious knocking from the locked door. After she tucked a piece of already waving stray hair behind her ear, she hastily unlocked door and in trampled her stunning older sister, Taylor.

Taylor instantly scrambled to the mirror, exhausting the air with the gallons of fumes she puts on like every morning. Her perfume goes out so fast, she has to go get new ones every month, of course giving her a chance to experiment every scent from Victoria Secrets'.

Sarah coughed dramatically causing her sister to finally look away from the mirror with a frown, "Oh hush! Don't you like 'Venturous Vanilla?"

She shrugged in response, not bothering to mention she liked Cool Chocolate a whole lot more but it wasn't like Sarah spoke much anyways.

Suddenly, Taylor let out her ear splitting high pitch shrieks, "OMG! What are you wearing!?" And so, her sister started rambling while 'fixing' her uniform; pulling her skirt much higher than knee-length and tearing off the tie off her white golf shirt, unbuttoning the first five buttons.

"Now you look good," Taylor sighed happily, flipping her long bleach blond locks over her slender shoulder. Taylor and Sarah were the first choice examples of polar opposite since Taylor took after Mr. Storms. The only trait of their mother's was the almond shape brown eyes. She was even tall and had spectacular hand-eye coordination, like their retired pro-athlete father.

In some ways, Sarah was the only reflection left of late Mrs. Storms for their Daddy; stubby fragile body, pale skin, dainty ears hid behind a cloak of frizzy dark-chocolate brown hair and a tiny button nose. Only thing odd was Sarah's eyes, like her Daddy's but hid behind spectacles, like her Mother.

Both daughters were perfect cookie cut-outs of their parents

"What would you be without me?" Taylor smiled jokingly.

"Normal," Sarah half grinned. Before her sister could say anything back, another voice came from the open door

"Are you ladies killing each other without me?" sleazy Taylor Storms joked, leaning against the door frame. It was the boy Taylor, twin of girl Taylor and older brother of normal Sarah.

Boy Taylor was another cookie cut-out of their father, in other words, exactly the same as Taylor, just boy form. Tall with the same bleach blond hair and perfect pearlie whites the opposite sex would die for.

Naturally, Sarah had felt below average since Middle school, standing beside her outstanding twin siblings. Boy Taylor-- who is older by exactly a minute--was QB of the football team and Girl Taylor was the vice-student council president and head cheerleader of the Power Squad--a more intelligent name for the cheer leading team.

Mommy, Daddy Storms thought it would be some hilarious joke naming their twins Taylor, even though they were of different genders. Often when Twin Taylor's--yes that is their nick name-- fought, they always resulted in claiming they would change their names once they were old enough, being sick of being reminded of one another every second of their day.

Even her siblings had interesting names with stories behind them. Hers was just Sarah.

"Just teaching our baby sis' how to dress in ugly uniforms," she spun Sarah around showing Boy Taylor.

He didn't even notice her deranged clothes. Taylor just ruffled her hair, smirking even more deranged than Sarah's uniform, "Can you believe it? Our baby sister going into high school."

She rolled her eyes at the way he made high school sound; a sacred sanctuary you attend to once you are of age. She made a mental note to add that to her status

"I'm not a baby you morons," she smacked his hand away, fixing her hair. It was going to turn out even more frizzy if he messed around with it like that, that's why she cut it short before summer ended.

"You will always be to me," Twin Taylor's said in unison, like it was planned

Sarah rolled her eyes, "I'll be going now. Don't want to be late for my first day of high school." She mimicked the way her brother said it and with that, she slung her side bag over her shoulder and marched out of the stuffy bathroom. When she was halfway down the hallway, double checking her book bag for her leather cover notebook, Boy Taylor called out to her

"Didn't you say you wanted a ride?"

"Nah, Daddy promised to drive me," she lied, descending the staircase. Sarah simply didn't want to arrive at school with them; with their flashy looks and reputations. She wanted to make something of herself instead of competing and being compared.

After she slipped on her plain black flats over her knee-high socks and re buttoning as many as three buttons back up, she skidded out the door, starting her long hike to her first day.

Remembering her mental note, Sarah pulled out her Blackberry casually, flipping past the Facebook and Twitter app and straight to her favourite one, SpurYourIdeas.com.

As she waited for her slow Blackberry to load, Sarah Storms smiled whole heartedly for the first time that morning. And she beamed at the screen once her user name popped up

SpurYourIdeas.com

ReadyBaby202's Status [01-09-10]: Start of high school; fingers crossed I'm not suffering alone

View Feedback (501)


Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Im redoing my unfinished story! :)

comments&feedback? :3

xoxo