SpurYourIdeas.com

First Encounter

Sarah slumped into her seat on a picnic table outside the cafeteria. The only people outside with her were grade twelve couples who were enjoying one another more than the fresh Autumn breeze through their hair, like Sarah.

All the new students were in the cafeteria, basking in one another's presence and enjoying the high school jitters with new future hookups. Sarah was definitely not one of them; she was out of energy from dodging students in the hallway from class to class and it was only lunch time.

After a quick lunch of a Pb & J sandwich and a juice box, Sarah had come to a conclusion that she detested high school earlier than she had guessed.

Suddenly, she remembered she put her phone on silent ever since this morning and haven't checked it since. She pulled out her phone and saw even more messages from SpurYourIdeas.com for ReadyBaby202

There was the usual fan email that was just a breeze to message back but of course, there was also the hate mail. Sarah got used to them quickly, usually disregarding them but the one sitting on her Blackberry screen at that moment, she knew it was from an A list black mailer. It was hate mail from a while new level that actually shook her heart

SpurYourIdeas.com

ReadyBaby202's Inbox

From: ALLtimeLOW710
Subject: WUVV YOU STILL!
Message One: HI ReadyBaby202,
im in love with ur storys & hve ben folowin em since ur very 1st but your stories r startin 2 becom repeatitive & sory borin. i stil wuuuuuuuv ur storys but wish to see lil more variatyy.

From: xoQueenBiotch<3
Subject:
Message: Dear Queen Bee, hows ruling this great land? Don't enjoy it too much though, there is going to be a new era now and its going to be my ruling. You better be ready baby. P.S have fun in high school, it'll be the last best thing to happen to you from here on out.
xo QueenBiotch

- End-


Before she could even respond, someone called out in the most snobbish and stuck up voice "High school has dorks too, huh? I almost forgot,"

Sarah turned away from her Blackberry and saw through her thick framed lens a girl, probably her age with dirty blond hair. She was pretty, yes, but not stunningly pretty and nothing really special, not to mention those huge eyes made for eye rolling and the cloud of people behind her - guys and girls - obviously her followers. The girl immediately reminded Sarah of those bratty girls in her stories usually the main heroine's enemy.

The girl's too glossed lips turned into a pout as she looked at Sarah dead in the eye, "Sadly I was reminded."

Sarah had the perfect smart ass remark to retort back but then she remembered her older sibling's warning; to stay a low profile and don't cause any trouble with her 'commentative mouth'.

After giving her a disinterested look, Sarah turned back to her Blackberry with new found fury, ready to bash at the black mailer.

"I was talking to you, the only loser here,"

Ignore it. Sarah was too good to stoop down to her level

Comments kept on flying, "I guess losers these days don't even have manners."Or "Is she a mute?"

Sarah almost crushed her phone in her fist.

Anybody can call her anything - loser, brat, even a bitch - but no one, absolutely no one could call her a mu... that word. What was so wrong to enjoying silence?

She slowly turned around, her siblings' warnings tossed aside like unhelpful advice

"Manners? M-mute?" she said very slowly

The bitch laughed, "She's a stutterer, too!" Her peanut gallery laughed along

"I am not a mute," Sarah glared daggers past her bangs, "And you want to talk about manners? What do you know in that rude mind of yours? For all I know you probably died your hair brown so no one would know you were such a ditz."

The girl gritted her teeth, her confidence vanishing just as fast as she had appeared. Someone from the crowd, a male, snickered "Juliet, you gon' take that?". More laughs from the peanut gallery

Sarah smirked, ready to retort anything this Juliet girl would say. But it seemed like all the girl knew was to grit her teeth know that she knew Sarah didn't have low self-esteem for her to pick on.

"Whoever you are, you better watch your back because your high school ain't gonna be good," she practically hissed, "Hon, smarten' up and find your place or I will personally find someone to find it for you."

"Have a good day, hun," Sarah shot back with a breezy smile. But then a thought crossed her mind; judging from Juliet's threat, rumours would spread about 'the dork who doesn't know her place' and her brother and sister would find out, being just them. A lecture would come out of this; Sarah was positive. It would just be the chocolate sauce on sundae of the worst day ever

Naturally, the idea made Sarah frown and Juliet saw it and took it as a sign of fear. With that, Juliet - thankfully - flung her slightly greasy dirty blond hair over her shoulders and strut back inside the cafeteria, probably to torture another innocent soul. Her followers hurriedly followed after her. A wannabe girl even shot Sarah a dirty glare

Sarah sighed, making a mental note to bring her laptop tomorrow and find a better, more peaceful spot.

But there was one person that loitered behind the pack; a male.

Sarah squinted at him, wondering why he wasn't following his queen. Instead, he walked straight towards her.

He waved lamely flashing a small smile, "Hi."

She instantly recognized his voice; the boy who had the balls to shout out that remark. The one who added wood to the fire. But, she stayed emotionless, waiting patiently, staring not at him but at his hair. A mane of golden brown that seemed to illuminate in the early autumn sunlight.

The male patted her head softly, "Smile hun, it's only the first day."

After another smile, this one slightly brighter after seeing Sarah's stunned face, he stalked off just before the door leading into the cafeteria shut.

Sarah just stared at the closed doors, softly touching the place on her head where he touched

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayayayayyy<3 second chapter, I can get this done fast!

comments&feedback? :3

xoxo