SpurYourIdeas.com

First Conversation

Title: The Teddy Bear Blog

Dear Random Readers (I shall call you Fellow Teddy Bears),
You may call me Teddy Bear.
Today I met a boy
He touched my head and told me to smile
First off, my hair in my opinion is disgusting and frizzy. Why would he dare to touch it?
Second, I wasn't frowning. But then again, I wasn't exactly smiling either
Third, I donot know him!
Fourth, I am an outcast; outlaw; plain Jane loser with a capital L. Not to mention ugly. He is supposedly the opposite. Why would he talk to me?
Explain to me dear Teddy Bear Readers
Sincerely, Confused Teddy Bear
And for the record, I'm not saying he's cute, either. But, no he isn't hideous

- END -


Sarah had no clue where the story came from or why she even posted it. Of course, the inspiration would be from er... that boy. She just sort of wrote it down, plotting the most creative way to write the story after what one of her readers had suggested, ALLtimeLOW710. She decided to write it like a blog, something she had never done, and first person, something she hasn't done in a long time. Unlike her other stories where she has a complete summarization and the idea of the ending, all she knows is that it will be of romance and whenever something new comes not in her mind but in reality, she would update.

At first, she was terribly afraid at the embarrassment if someone found out she was writing about herself but then she remembered people idolized her as a seventeen year old home schooled beauty with an IQ of 187 like Sheldon from 'The Big Bang Theory'.

Thankfully, many of her readers enjoyed the fresh new leap she was taking from her normal romance; ALLtimeLOW710 gave her great feedback and it managed to shut up the black mailer after Sarah had send her the link of her new story.

Things were going great for ReadyBaby202.

But Sarah Storms was just as petrified as Teddy Bear was portrayed.

It had been an entire week of boring high school. Boring, easy academic part of high school, yes but not the seeing-the-boy-everywhere-with-him-flashing-her-smiles part. Every time, their eyes met at the same exact second, he would put on his cheeky smile and she would hurriedly look away, hating how flustered she was feeling. Then, unable to contain curiosity, she would look back checking if he was still looking; of course, he was. And ready with another half-smile

An entire week of awkward looks, satisfying new friends she didn't even like but having to stick with them through her older twin sibling's orders, by Friday, Sarah was worn out.

Friday, though, the principal had set up a different routine then their usual classes; the grade nines and a few from other grades were to spend from period two to the rest of the day joining a club. And yes - Sarah had asked - it was mandatory to join at least one. By 10:20, the middle of the second period, the whole front foyer were clustered with bustling students, each hurriedly joining the same clubs as their friends and then finding them to chill for the rest of the day.

Sarah, being Sarah, had no interest much less energy to be part of their pack so she roamed the hallways walking threw patches of sunlight spewing from the windows. She was quiet enjoying the silence of her footsteps when a flyer caught her eye.

It was a light shade of teal; her utmost favourite color because it was as calm and collected as she thought she was. The flyer advertised in elegant calligraphy 'Photography Club: Anyone with an eye for beauty in an unexpected place and to take them in all the right angles and the discussion of cameras, preferably vintage ones. All are welcome, lots of trips! Bring your cameras and your smiles to room 202'.

The next thing she knew, her feet had lead her to the room 202 at the end of the hall. She stepped in cautiously instantly blinded from the bright sun escaping from the open windows lining the East wall

After Sarah's eyes adjusted from the new light, a soft sound entered her ears. It was the music of an acoustic guitar, she recognized, someone strumming lightly and almost lovingly.

She blinked a few more times and saw that the room - looking like any other classroom - was empty except for the back of a stranger sitting on top of a desk. Of course, the stranger was the one creating the melody

She tucked her glasses up the bridge of her nose. The guitarists had not heard her walk in. After checking the classroom number again and clearing her throat, Ms. Storms spoke.

"Excuse me," came her meek voice, "Is this the Photography Club room?"

He stopped and turned around. She froze. Sarah quickly recognized that same fleck of golden brown from the many crowds she was stuffed into. Oh and that cheeky smile

"This is room 202," he replied, completely turning his body around so he was facing the door where Sarah stood

She crossed her arms over her chest so the books she was holding were held firmly between. Her small voice was instantly replaced by an over-confident one, "I'm sorry I could tell the difference between guitars and cameras."

Sarah could see an almost smile on his lips, "You joining?" He jumped off the desk and started walking towards her

Sarah secretly felt thrilled inside, this was their first real conversation. But, she still wanted to ask the question Teddy Bear wanted to know, "Why did you talk to me?"

He stopped walking, "You started the conversation first?"

"The first day of school. We didn't even know each other. I don't even know your name," the words just spilled out

He was suddenly close to her know, not even a step away, "Do you want to know?"

She shook her head ferociously, never meaning for an invitation, "I didn't mean that."

He was so close she could see that light brown eyebrow raise and a very microscopic beauty mark at the top of the corner of his oh so luscious lips. She licked her own lips

"So you don't want to know my name?" his soft voice spoke, mocking misery

Her head spun. She had inconspicuously been brought on in his pace in their first conversation; something she usually did.

"I-I didn't mean that!"

"So you do want to know me?" more smirking. He was suddenly very close, their noses carefully brushing against one another with one arm holding him up from the door frame above her head.

"W-hat I...I didn't, no! I mean, yes... wait - " Sarah was stunned, a mouse caught in a trap.

He starts chuckling and finally, she realizes he was teasing her the whole time and she had blindly let him.

Sarah gritted her teeth, finding her composure again, "Why are you here anyways, with a guitar if this is the photography club's room?"

The boy cocked his head, "Turned on by my skills?"

She rolled her eyes, "Please, you are probably dragging this on and lying to me so I stay longer to talk to you."

Suddenly, Sarah saw a flash of golden brown and then next, a pressure on her shoulder. The guitarist had rested his head on her shoulder softly and he whispered softly, "Stay."

She froze, unable to respond. Thankfully, she didn't have to.

"New girl already, Mr. Romeo?" came a voice behind her. She turned around and saw a male she frequently saw in the grade twelve hallways with a crowd of girls around him. He was cute, though. And a good distraction from her beating heart.

Though the boy didn't have his head on her shoulder, he quickly wrapped both his arms around Ms. Storms' waist and winked, "Not yet."

She looked at him in disbelief, "Romeo?"

He pulled her closer and dipped his head so their noses were touching again, "Scott Romeo, nice to meet you."

She shook her head, "I don't believe it." and elbowed him in the ribs making him let go, whimpering in pain.

She turned back to the grade twelve, "Excuse me, is this the room for the photography club?"

"She doesn't believe me," Scott sighed all signs of pain gone

"I think so," he smiled, ignoring Scott. He was cute, "I mean, being the president of it, of course I wouldn't know you know?"

His voice suddenly turned cocky, dripping with sarcasm. Cute yes but definitely an egotistic dick.

"Sorry Mr. Attitude," Sarah rolled her eyes, crossing her arms again

President smiled again, looking amused "Actually it's Adamo. So what's the newest member of the photography club name?"

"Ex-newest member," Sarah corrected sternly

"How can we change that?" Adamo asked stepping closer so the sun shone on his perfect scalp of dark brown hair.

Sarah smiled. She liked him because he reminded her of herself; a smart ass. And a smooth talker, "Ice cream."

Adamo chuckled and Scott remarked, "So you have a cute side, too."

Adamo gave him a peculiar look, "I thought you knew her. Isn't she your girl?"

She pushed Scott away, standing in front of the hot twelve grader and stuck out her hand, "Sarah Storms, just the newest member of the photography club."

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, three chapters in one day!

I would reallly appreciate it if you commented :(

pweaaase? <3

xoxo