Love, the Hardest Way

12

*Bam’s P.O.V*
I didn’t even want to contemplate the notion of the thought of even getting up. Last night was the most drunk I’d been since I got divorced; I felt like absolute hell. It must’ve been a nice day out though, cause the sun was streaming in, I hated it.
“Fucking sun.” I mumbled to myself, burying myself further into my covers on my bed, trying to block out the evil sunshine that was burning through my eyelids. I just wished that Someone would magically appear with some Advil and water, then leave me alone to spend the entire day in bed nursing the most horrible hangover.
But sometimes life just decides to shit on you, and leave its mess everywhere. I knew rather than helping me the guys would probably just try their hardest to make my day even worse.
Hang on, my room isn’t on the side of the house that gets the sun in the morning....fuck it must be at least 3 o’clock then.
I knew I’d have to get out of bed and face the day of pain, coffee and dim flashbacks of a drunken evening.
After trying to motivate myself into actually moving at some point today, I finally crawled out of the cave in my covers. Keeping my eyes tightly shut so the sun couldn’t burn them anymore, I put my feet on the floor and tried to feel my way to the bathroom where the magic Advil was.
Why is it then, that as soon as I put my foot out to walk, I end up falling into a giant pile of twigs and branches.
“What the fuck?” I shouted, causing nearly as much pain in my own head as there was on my body. I finally opened my eyes to see I was indeed in a giant pile of wood, and in just my boxers, how the fuck had that happened?
All I could hear was people laughing. I was getting pretty pissed now, what the fuck was going on. After a few seconds of stumbling and trying to stand up, I managed to realise that I had just fallen out of the remains of Fast Eddies Casino; yes it was still there after 6 years; and into the woods.
I finally managed to get out of the branches just in time to see some very colourful hair run into my house.
“Fuck...” I trudged my way back to the house, wondering how in the name of Ville they actually managed to get my bed into Fast Eddies Casino without waking me. Fuck I must have been absolutely hammered last night.
I opened the door and made my way down the stairs to the kitchen, I needed coffee. After a few minutes of drinking down a giant cup of black coffee, voices started to descend down the stairs. Before I knew it I had three hyperactive 23 year old English girls bouncing around. All the colour moving about wasn’t helping to make me feel any better.
“What the fuck are you guys doing here?”
“Oh, just making sure you survived the tequila.” Scar laughed.
Tequila, tequila...oh fuck, the shots last night. I think I must have had about 15 of them.
“That was you?”
All she could do was nod she was laughing too much.
“Ohhh god, I can’t believe you did this. Why the fuck did you do this?”
“For taking our baby boy away from us at Christmas.”
Oh, so this was revenge. Well they better be planning on staying, cause there were definitely going to be consequences.
“Ahh, so how long you planning on being here?”
“Well, we’ve got a hotel booked for two weeks, so it looks like you’re gunna have to get used to seeing us around.”
I didn’t even notice it was just the two of us now. The pounding in my head made it impossible to tell that Bambi and Fish had run off somewhere.
But two weeks, two weeks Scar was going to be in my town. This made my day a bit more bearable. I suddenly had an idea.
“There’s no fucking way you’re staying in a hotel. I’ve got 2 spare rooms. You’re staying here.”
“Bam, that’s nice of you but honestly it’s ok. I mean, there are five of us.”
“Yeah and? You, Bambi and Fish in one room, Edy and Joe in the other. OK cool, it’s decided, go get your shit.”
“Ugh fine. It’s not like you wouldn’t just find out where we were staying and get our shit anyway.”
“Exactly.”
“We’ll get it later though. I really can’t be fucked now. We spent all last night getting your fat arse up into that tree house, I need a rest.”
“Well then let’s go upstairs and chill.”
“Plan.”
We all just spent the rest of the day in the living room talking. Mostly about the night before. As my hangover wore off and my senses decided to come back, I began to smell fresh paint. I was instantly suspicious.
“Why can I smell paint?” The girls suddenly burst out laughing. I instantly knew that my payback wasn’t just the bed in the Casino.
I got up and followed the smell of the paint, and it lead right to my bedroom door. I could tell everyone was following, and it was all being caught on film.
“Do I want to open this door?”
“Most definitely.” Bambi said.
I slowly pushed the door open.
“Oh...my...fuck...”