Love, the Hardest Way

14

The next two weeks were hilarious. We tortured Bam mercilessly. We managed to turn his pool into a giant green jelly (jello), child-proofed all of the cupboards in his kitchen (and no, he actually couldn’t open them), and the best of them all: we hid all of his skateboards. Every single one of them, all the ones on the walls, all the wheels and trucks, we found 6 of them under his bed. It was the best two weeks any of us ever had. Bam was even sleeping in his princess room cause he was just that lazy that he wouldn’t change it back.
“So what time you going tomorrow?” Bam asked me; the two of us were sat in the living room watching re-runs.
“Our plane leaves at four, so we’ll probably set off from here at about half two.”
“Cool. So then, what’s the plan for tonight?”
“Well, I was thinking a complete blowout, let’s get absolutely muntered!”
“Muntered?”
“Yeah, you know, trollied, bladdered, wellied.”
“What the fuck are you on about?”
“We are going to go and buy a lot of alcohol and drink it all and get very drunk.” I said slowly, as if Bam was an idiot.
“Awesome. Let’s go.”
After spending an hour in the closest liquor store, Bam and I made it back to his with $200 worth of beer, cider (my favourite), vodka, tequila, Jack Daniels, and three different flavours of Sourz to do shots with. I was definitely going to regret this in the morning, but hey, who cared?
We started the drinking as soon as everyone was assembled, so about 1pm. Edy and Joe decided not to drink, as one had to be responsible for getting us up and on the plane tomorrow and the other had to film everything we did. Too bad, cause that meant they were also our alcohol monkeys for the evening. Seeing as there were 7 of us drinking (Me, Fish, Bambi, Bam, Novak, Seth and Knoxville [no I didn’t forget about him, he just didn’t take part in the parts of the story mentioned, :P]), our alcohol ran out pretty fast, and each time we did run out, we handed over some money to Edy and Joe to go get more. By the time midnight rolled around, we’d been drinking for 11 hours, spent at least $700 and we were abso-bloody-lutely arse-faced. I don’t really remember much of it, just that we had a blast and started playing games like Truth or Dare, and Spin the Bottle; yes we were that drunk that we thought playing kids games would be super cool and fun. Oh how I couldn’t wait to see the film the next day.
One part of the night that did particularly stand out for me is that I think I kissed someone, or several someones. Well obviously I must have done because we did play Spin the Bottle, but still. Something about it stuck in my mind. But I could not for the life of me figure out what it was, anyway, I’m sure it would come to me when I saw the film.
Everyone finally went to bed at about 3am. Well I got to bed at least, not too sure if everyone else was able to make it to their rooms before they passed out. I crawled into bed and passed out instantly.
It must’ve just been a few minutes later when my door opened, because I actually managed to open my eyes. With the light shining behind them I could tell by the silhouette that Bam was standing in my doorway.
“Hey dude, what are you doing, I thought you were passed out downstairs.”
He didn’t say anything, just came and got into my bed, laying down facing me.
“What’s up? Couldn’t find your own room?” I asked, laughing slightly at the fact that he was so drunk he was lost in his own house.
Still he said nothing, he just looked at me with those stunning blue eyes. I decided that if he was too drunk to answer then he probably couldn’t even tell what I was saying, so I gave up on the conversation front. We both just lay there. After a while, I began to feel...odd, I guess. Bam was staring at me so intensely, almost lustily. The look in those blue eyes gave me the shivers, in a good way. I started to feel, turned on.
Bam suddenly brought his hand to my face, gently stroking my cheek with his thumb. Was this going where I thought it was going? I mean, yes we’d been playfully flirting throughout my whole stay here, but I thought it was just fun. I mean yes I did think he was funny, quick, and a general nice guy; hell he was even really caring once in a while. But never did I imagine that he would actually want something more, or maybe it was the drunkenness. Yes, that must be it, he must have seen that I had a teeny tiny insy winsy crush on him, and decided in our drunken state that this would be the best time to act on it. But did that mean that he felt the same or that he just wanted some action and I was probably the most likely candidate?
All these thoughts were jumbling round in my head for really only a few seconds while we continued to stare into each other’s eyes. They suddenly all evaporated though, when Bam instantly closed to gap between our lips, pushing his warm, soft lips against mine. And I found myself kissing back, and greatly enjoying it.
Kissing soon turned to making out, which in turn lead to Bam’s hand wandering up my shirt. That in turn lead to a giant fucking headache.
Wait, what?